Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges!
    #6373714 - 12/15/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Anastasio arrested in Whitehall
Former Phish frontman charged with DWI-drugs, driving with suspended license, possessing prescription drugs

hahahahahahah

WHITEHALL -- Former Phish frontman Trey Anastasio was arrested by village police early this morning and charged with DWI-drugs after they stopped his car for failure to keep right.

Ernest J. Anastasio was stopped at 3:30 a.m. by Patrolman Andrew Mija who said the musician was observed to be under the influence of a narcotic substance after failing field testing, Patrolman Jeff Whalen said this morning.

Anastasio lives in Vermont, which is just over the border from this Washington County community. Whalen said he had a suspended driver's license in New York and allegedly was found with an assortment of prescription medications including hydrocodone, Percocet and Xanax, which were prescribed for another person.

Anastasio was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and DWI - drugs, Whalen said. He was released on from custody with appearance tickets for a later date.

Anastasio, who is pursuing a solo career since Phish broke up, is scheduled to appear at the Palace Theatre in Albany on Dec. 29.

In an interview with the Times Union last year, Anastasio discussed the role drugs played in the band's final years, and in his decision to call for its end.

While fatigue was generally seen as the culprit, few fans were willing to chalk it up to anything more than artistic torpor or mundane road-weariness after the band's breakup announcement in May 2004.

``I thought it went without saying how deep into our scene hard drugs had gone,'' said Anastasio in the November 2005 interview. He resisted getting into the specifics of who was doing what, and how much.

``That's why I was surprised at people saying, `How could you do this?' How could I not do this? What's the alternative here? I always thought our scene was so transparent, that everybody knew everything. That's why it was hard to hear the anger and frustration from Phish fans,'' he said.

``I just want to say to them: I love Phish, too. But because of what was happening to Phish and happening to me, the decisions came from a place of love and respect for the same thing that you all loved and respected. That same light was going out pretty damned fast.''

``We got through the '80s and '90s without encountering hard drugs which is pretty miraculous considering what those eras were like and it is a testament to the guys in the band, in how intent we were from keeping those type of drugs away.''

``Once we let our guard down around 1998, the scene started to eat itself and there was a massive loss of perspective. ... The whole thing was being crushed under its own weight. The germ of the thing that feeling between the four of us is still there, but we were getting unhealthy and tired,'' he said.

The band went on hiatus in the fall of 2000, and didn't return to the road until the end of 2002. ``We came back and it was even worse,'' Anastasio said.

The summer 2004 tour ended with the band's weekend-long August farewell on farmland outside of Coventry, Vt.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6373741 - 12/15/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Holy shit I live like 20 mins from whitehall lol

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #6373747 - 12/15/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #6373748 - 12/15/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLOL

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
    #6373749 - 12/15/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

oops, bad mistake

it's good he didn't kill someone with his car, he should go to jail

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges! [Re: Nashbar]
    #6373756 - 12/15/06 11:30 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

How the fuck do you get trey out of ernest j...

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #6373759 - 12/15/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

:foreheadslap:  :lovemeds:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #6373763 - 12/15/06 11:32 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Anastasio arrested in Whitehall
Former Phish frontman charged with DWI-drugs, driving with suspended license, possessing prescription drugs

hahahahahahah

WHITEHALL -- Former Phish frontman Trey Anastasio was arrested by village police early this morning and charged with DWI-drugs after they stopped his car for failure to keep right.

Ernest J. Anastasio was stopped at 3:30 a.m. by Patrolman Andrew Mija who said the musician was observed to be under the influence of a narcotic substance after failing field testing, Patrolman Jeff Whalen said this morning.

Anastasio lives in Vermont, which is just over the border from this Washington County community. Whalen said he had a suspended driver's license in New York and allegedly was found with an assortment of prescription medications including hydrocodone, Percocet and Xanax, which were prescribed for another person.

Anastasio was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and DWI - drugs, Whalen said. He was released on from custody with appearance tickets for a later date.

Anastasio, who is pursuing a solo career since Phish broke up, is scheduled to appear at the Palace Theatre in Albany on Dec. 29.

In an interview with the Times Union last year, Anastasio discussed the role drugs played in the band's final years, and in his decision to call for its end.

While fatigue was generally seen as the culprit, few fans were willing to chalk it up to anything more than artistic torpor or mundane road-weariness after the band's breakup announcement in May 2004.

``I thought it went without saying how deep into our scene hard drugs had gone,'' said Anastasio in the November 2005 interview. He resisted getting into the specifics of who was doing what, and how much.

``That's why I was surprised at people saying, `How could you do this?' How could I not do this? What's the alternative here? I always thought our scene was so transparent, that everybody knew everything. That's why it was hard to hear the anger and frustration from Phish fans,'' he said.

``I just want to say to them: I love Phish, too. But because of what was happening to Phish and happening to me, the decisions came from a place of love and respect for the same thing that you all loved and respected. That same light was going out pretty damned fast.''

``We got through the '80s and '90s without encountering hard drugs which is pretty miraculous considering what those eras were like and it is a testament to the guys in the band, in how intent we were from keeping those type of drugs away.''

``Once we let our guard down around 1998, the scene started to eat itself and there was a massive loss of perspective. ... The whole thing was being crushed under its own weight. The germ of the thing that feeling between the four of us is still there, but we were getting unhealthy and tired,'' he said.

The band went on hiatus in the fall of 2000, and didn't return to the road until the end of 2002. ``We came back and it was even worse,'' Anastasio said.

The summer 2004 tour ended with the band's weekend-long August farewell on farmland outside of Coventry, Vt.

Cocaine, LOL. Hippie culture, LOL.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges! [Re: Nashbar]
    #6373764 - 12/15/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

where all the buds at ernest?

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
Re: Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges! [Re: Rahie]
    #6373780 - 12/15/06 11:36 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i hope he doesnt cancel the palace theater, i just got my ticket the other day. I am also surprised paris hilton wasnt with him.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6373803 - 12/15/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

DAMN YO! Not smart at all. You'd think he'd no better. I mean come one, he could easily have gotten someone to drive for him.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6373809 - 12/15/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i thought whitehall PA at first, which i live a half hour away from.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6373817 - 12/15/06 11:47 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i for one did not think he knew better. treys gotta take some gos sman iboga or somthing. hes loosing his grip

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #6373823 - 12/15/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

What a asshole, he breaks up Phish because "the "scene" was too tempting" and now he's driving around nodding off like a idiot.

InvisibleRahie
Stranger
Male
    #6373825 - 12/15/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Last year he hit the news cause a fan gave him a ride home when he saw Ernest all trashed and no way home.
He has a drinking problem for sure.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6373828 - 12/15/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ahahah awesome.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #6373829 - 12/15/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

In other news: Dog Bites Man

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges! [Re: buckwheat]
    #6373830 - 12/15/06 11:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah. it seems kinda rediculous.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Trey Anastasio Arrested on DWI-drug charges! [Re: notapillow]
    #6373834 - 12/15/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah man, one of my best buds told me years ago that he has a feeling one or more members from Phish is/are going to die young.

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6373840 - 12/15/06 11:53 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Soo he likes pills

who cares?

He shouldn't have driven tho

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale