Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Any Chefs?
    #3363426 - 11/15/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Been having some really hellish mother fucking nights lately?

--------------------
...or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Any Chefs? [Re: eve69]
    #3363521 - 11/15/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2042725/page//fpart/1/vc/1

I don't know what exactly you mewan with that question but I hope this thread is what you're looking for

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Any Chefs? [Re: stefan]
    #3363722 - 11/15/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm a chef, and yes.. I HAVE! He's refering to how 'hellish' nights and days are during the holiday season.  Do you and your mom have reservations for something???  We've got to cook it!  You go out more during holidays correct?? Yuuuuppppp.... we're working while you're holiday fun is going round and round.  So eat up, and don't forget to tip the waitress whose shirt you've been looking down while she picks up your menus.  :grin:

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #3363736 - 11/15/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Im no chef but the Holiday time is shitty for everyone in the grocery business.

Especialy in the meat dept. We will sell over 6000 turkeys, each comes on pallets 2 per case. Each 30 to 40 pound case needs to be unstacked from the pallets and stacked in rows along the walls of every available space we have. Only to be unstacked again and put on display.

Worst part is that hundreds of customers want someone to "pick out" a good turkey for them and is just HAS TO be so and soo pounds, not a bit mor or less soo most of my day is spent searching through the stacks of turkeys for one with the exact weight that they asked for.

Add all this to the all the other extra holiday work on top my usual daily routine and its enough to drive me mad.

Good thing that Im cooking up something nice for my thanksgiving to relieve me.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Chefs? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3366780 - 11/15/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, for one thing, I get absolutely no holidays, and every single one I have to work doubles, and since I'm the chef, I get all credit or failure, so out of pride I do or die.

The place on Bourbon St. that I work at is so rowdy that during busy nights there will be at least one incident of a waiter and customer either getting physical or verbally violent, and the waiter never gets reprimanded because all our customers are drunk.

But that's cool because everyone needs to see a dickhead customer get popped once or twice just for morale.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineeve69
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Chefs? [Re: stefan]
    #3366794 - 11/15/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2042725/page//fpart/1/vc/1

I don't know what exactly you mewan with that question but I hope this thread is what you're looking for

Uh, I wrote most of it I guess.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineZackWyldeFan
Stranger

#6357474 - 12/11/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

im a line cook, and weve had some hellish nights.

OfflineShroomgobbler
Beginner
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Any Chefs? [Re: ZackWyldeFan]
    #6362746 - 12/12/06 06:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a sous-chef at a catering place, and every asshole in every department of every fucking company in the country wants to have a holiday banquet.  Catering holidays are the worst.  A little bit more than 1/4 of all the money we make in the year is between dec. 8 and dec. 23.  Been working 6-8 nearly every day, today is my half-day off for the week  :shocked:.  Thank god for overtime.

--------------------
Light the doobie till it glows like a ruby
After which they couldn't find the villain like Scooby.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #6372447 - 12/14/06 11:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

(sigh) ah yes the joys of the holiday season. Well just to keep you guys in the loop, I quit my job at Galileo back in late September. I never got paid on time and when I did; feared the check would bounce (it did, three times) plus the exec chef was some stupid bitch who knew nothing of running a kitchen (accepting spoiled milk from a vendor? nasty green beans so molded they started spawning the cardboard box they came in?) if you want to see who I'm talking about, go watch the Iron Chef Roberto Donna rematch with Morimoto. Which by the way I thought was a complete sham, creativity wise Roberto blantantly stole that couscous caviar dish from Michel Richard (whom I've also worked for) albeit they are close friends but I think Morimoto's creativity when it comes to those Iron Chef matches is unrivaled. Anywho, sorry to stray far from the mentioned topic, but now I'm working at a private club much closer to home (it's basically a country club without a golf course) sure I'm not working for some high fallutin' chef (by the way I think Roberto sucks, I've eaten food he's personally prepared and sold in his "laboratorio") but I've been givin a lot of free reign to come up with specials, appetizers and especially desserts (my biggest reason in accepting the job). It's nice because we don't have a food cost and the exec chef is really cool in that he trusts my tastes and vision. I've worked at some really nice places and picked up a lot of technique and so on, but ultimately one does yearn to do his/her own thing, ya know? I really am getting very hardcore with the desserts and hope to post some of my creations once I get some products in from a vendor in Switzerland (fondant, glucose, acetate sheets, cocoa paste, etc.) as well as a new pastry cookbook I'm waiting to come in the mail any day now (Paco Torreblanca 2). But yeah the holidays suck when your working in the food service industry, customers seem to be more irrate than usual (or drunk or just generally fucked) and especially now that I'm working at a private club these catered events are a pain in the ass, I can't wait till the first couple days of January when shit slows way down for us. As the last post read "thank god for overtime!!"

something I didn't get at Galileo.

peace

s

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleA3eyedfish
mycophile
 User Gallery

Loc: Wut some people Call Par...
Re: Any Chefs? [Re: soochi]
    #6475074 - 01/18/07 10:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

wow, someone dug this thread up after 2 years. It sucks to be a chef, and to make it worse, from the outside people view you as fantastic & fall all over you because of the awesome food you create, while on the inside you are fucked consistantly, promises you were given when hired are never delivered, contrary to popular conception you don't make a ton of money, you work your ass off, your family comes 2nd. When i cater, kids come up to me & say " i want to be a chef! ", i tell them that they would rather have a normal life & make a nice living & have a family, so they better go for a career in computers.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Any Chefs? [Re: A3eyedfish]
    #6475126 - 01/18/07 10:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I am

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules