Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemushrix
Researcher
Male

Loc: United States
Correct mycobag environment?
    #6372018 - 12/14/06 11:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

A friend of mine recently purchased a mycobag as well as a Puerto Rican spore syringe. He inoculated the bag with 2cc of spore solution, and then put his mycobag in a big black Tupperware box. After two weeks of maintaining a temperature of 70-80 degrees F, he checked the bag inside of the box to find absolutely no growth at all. Thinking the problem was caused by insufficient air flow, he cut about a 2 inch thick strip along 3 sides of the box for air traffic. He then positioned the box so that the long 2 inch opening was placed against the wall (to avoid light exposure), and the slice on the side, all the way up against the wall allowing air to flow, but rejecting light. The other side containing the cut out strip was covered by a shoebox, therefor rejecting light but allowing air to flow within the box. This left the other long side of the box, without the cut strip, to face the opening of his closet, so he could open the closet door without his mycobag being exposed to light. Two weeks after this change, he checked his bag to find, again, no growth at all. He has an electric heater (oil inside of it) to heat up the closet and maintain an optimal temperature range, however he cannot figure out what caused the bag to stall. He ordered another mycobag as well as a B+ syringe, in hopes that it might be a little less sensitive to it's environment. However, my question is, could this be an airflow issue, or perhaps a bad syringe or a botched mycobag. He will be receiving another mycobag soon, however he doesn't want to make the same mistake. Perhaps there _still_ isn't enough air flowing throughout the black Tupperware box, or could it be humidity issues. From what I understand, the whole idea behind the mycobag is to regulate the humidity within the bag, so this sounds like it's not the problem. His closet consists of two sliding doors, which are only opened when he puts/gets clothes from his closet. Does he need to find a new environment for his mycobag, or should he give it another try with another bag and B+ spore solution. If anyone has any ideas, please help as I would love to help my friend. Thanks!

Oh, and another thing, he has a digital temperature monitor, and he has kept a constant 70-80 degree temperature range. I don't know if this helps or not, just throwing this in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: Correct mycobag environment? [Re: mushrix]
    #6372303 - 12/15/06 12:41 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

im gonna need some cliffs and maybe some ms paint drawings to help you out on this one boss.

--------------------
----------

Offlinemushrix
Researcher
Male

Loc: United States
    #6374319 - 12/15/06 04:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I had him take some pictures, and send them to me over AIM, and this is what I received:

As you can see, he sliced 3 strips from the sides of the box for air flow, and his mycobag hasn't grown in a month. He ordered another syringe with B+ spore solution this time, and he has more mycobags, however he doesn't want another failed attempt due to lack of research. His closet has no 'moving' air at all, if you stand in it it's warm but you can't feel any air/wind. I'm not sure if he should use a fan to move the air throughout the closet or what, but if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #6374447 - 12/15/06 05:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

it's a bit of overkill with all that, heres the secret of bags, they take loger to
show signs of colonization, because theres a greater amount of substrate and
generaly the spore soloution is injected towards the center it takes a while for
it to creep out to the edges of the bag, unlike jars where the solution is against
the sides of the jar

be patient and dont worry about anything elaborate for bags

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag