Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla!
    #6353476 - 12/10/06 09:15 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

There are three major subspecies of Cannabis: Sativa, Indica and Ruderalis. Of these three, it is Sativas and Indicas that are the major strains used for cannabis drug cultivation.

It is said that the width of the subleaves is the best indicator of which of the two strains is dominant in your variety: narrow subleaves tend to be predominantly Sativa, broader subleaves tend to be Indica.

There is a lot of legend and lore about Sativas and Indicas in the cannabis world. Some say there is no difference at all, while others insist they are as different as night and day.

I've prepared ten questions, pitting Sativas against Indicas, to try get some clarity in the matter of the true difference between Sativa and Indica.

Only people who have actual growing experience should answer these questions, others should click the link below the poll or select "No Answer" in the first question, to view the questionnaire. Bought weed can be anything even if a friend grew them. Only the grower knows.

Let's see if we can clear this issue once and for all.

Indicas are more sedative (stoned), Sativas are more psychedelic (high)
You may choose only one
Indica's have stronger flavor
You may choose only one
Indicas are short and bushy, Sativas are tall
You may choose only one
Sativas are more resistant to bugs/mold than Indicas
You may choose only one
Indicas tend to be ready early, Sativas tend to be late
You may choose only one
Indicas got low yield, Sativas got high yield
You may choose only one
Indicas are easier to grow than Sativas
You may choose only one
Sativas need less light
You may choose only one
How true are growth parameter promises to actual results?
You may choose only one
Which is your preferred strain (dominant)
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (12/10/06 09:15 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleC-Dizzle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Asante]
    #6353636 - 12/10/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well you asked that only experienced growers answer this, and there are more votes on NO ANSWER than anythign else, on everyone of your questions..

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: C-Dizzle]
    #6353878 - 12/10/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, if people have no answer, its better that they choose that!
A poll avoids stepping into the limelight. Give it time, the poll will develop, they always do.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Asante]
    #6353948 - 12/10/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

no answer X 10.

all questions can be answered by simple reading, not shroomery polls.

How many MJ growers are there on the shroomery anyway. I know of less than 6, and most of them have little experience. How many votes cast so far, 10 people.

It's the same as going to a MJ breeders forum, and asking if Cambodians are different than Penis Envy. The poll is irrelevant because 98% of the voting population has no real experience.

There are definitive differences in Sativas, Indicas, Ruderalis and RASTA variants. Not all differences are not flat across the board, but are generalities that sometimes would be considered a trait of a different variant.

I have a Moroccan that grows like a standard Indica, Leaves are pretty fat, like an indica, but this is a trait of most African Sativas.

Black and white it is not!

I wouldn't go to a breeders forum and ask them about the differences between LSD and LSA.

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #6353967 - 12/10/06 12:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Why do you need us growers to answer questions for which the answers are already well known.

This thread is a pointless exercise in rhetoric.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Hanky]
    #6353976 - 12/10/06 12:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
Why do you need us growers to answer questions for which the answers are already well known.

This thread is a pointless exercise in rhetoric.

:yesnod:

Your Welcome

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #6357746 - 12/11/06 01:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Been growing since 1985

From what I've seen

Indicas are more sedative (stoned), Sativas are more psychedelic (high)
True

Indica's have stronger flavor
varies

Indicas are short and bushy, Sativas are tall
70% of the time true

Sativas are more resistant to bugs/mold than Indicas
This is definitely false

Indicas tend to be ready early, Sativas tend to be late
70% of the time true

Indicas got low yield, Sativas got high yield
This is insane

Indicas are easier to grow than Sativas
Not really, you just have to have more patience with sativa

Sativas need less light
false

How true are growth parameter promises to actual results?
Half the time.
DJ Short, Breeder Steve, Simon you can depend on for real results like they say. (DJ Short Seeds, Spice of Life Seeds, Serious Seeds)

Which is your preferred strain (dominant)
Tend to be about 50/50

My qulifications

InvisibleMead

Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! *DELETED* [Re: Magash]
    #6358179 - 12/11/06 03:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Mead

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Mead]
    #6358420 - 12/11/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The thing is, there is very few true indicas or sativas left. (Well more true indicas than true sativas anyway) Haven't come across a 100% sativa strain before, then again i never went out of my way to look for one.

This is all IMO of course, i have no scientific explanations or anything:

Sativa's are usually more psychedelic or high IMO cause they aren't usually left for their full flowering time. The less mature a bud, the more psychedelic/high. Never tried a sativa that was fully matured, so can'T comment on if it would be more of a high anyway.

As for flavour: i believe it's usually more about how it's dried, if it's left to cure etc, (and argueably, the maturity of the buds when picked, which could indicate that indicas are generally more flavourable than sativas)

The yield of sativa outdoors is higher than an outdoor indica. But grown indoors it all just depends on the space you have,etc.

Sativas need more light if anything, to simulate their natural climate. Long summers etc.

As for mould+bug resistance: i'd say it's much the same really, depends what parts of the world you grow in, and really is more related to outdoor crops than indoor ones i think.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Mead]
    #6365143 - 12/13/06 08:27 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yup it's one of the best. I'm pretty fond of most of Spice of Life's stuff. Same with DJ, and Soma

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineWormy
Underground Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden
Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Magash]
    #6367280 - 12/13/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Just tried the c99xak47 from Joey Weed (c99 bros grimm and ak47 from serious seeds). Not bad for 45 bux (Hemp Depot). Nice hybrid and 8 week finisher.

I prefer an Indica over a sativa but sometimes when it's mixed in there like with the ak and c99, it's just the right mix.

Im new to the BB, but been growing since 1987, look forward to sharing info.

--------------------
Wormy

"There's a Hair in my Dirt!"

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: The Truth about Sativa vs Indica -- growers, deliver us from blabla! [Re: Wormy]
    #6367671 - 12/13/06 08:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i voted... indicas are my favorite, i usually choose a variety with at least 75% indica genes.

i grew a few sativas a while back and they didnt perform so well... tall lanky plants with leafy buds, not my preference.

i prefer indicas in general cos generally they perform better then sativas (in my situation anyway) i like small bushy plants that are basically just buds on stems lol so they go onto flower when they are around 12" tall.

nice thread, no point in having non-growers posting uninformed opinions :tongue:

but as someone posted previously, there are not many true indicas or sativas left anyway... the fact that over the years both have been crossed to produce hybrids with beneficial traits from one and another, that should tell us all that they both have some advantage over the other, to some degree.

so even in my experience i cant give a clear cut answer :grin:

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineBlueRidge
fungus amongus
Male
Loc: Appalachia
    #6369601 - 12/14/06 09:02 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i have always found that indicas i have grown OUTDOOR in MY CLIMATE are more prone to bud root simply because the plants tend to be more compact, which limits air flow and drying after a rain. just MY experience though. there is too many variables for a poll like this to be worthwhile.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder