Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Cro Cop to the UFC
    #6368716 - 12/14/06 02:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

sherdog.com

damnit damnit DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!!!!!

FUCK!!!!

Gawd i mean i know he's aging and wants to cash out on his talent but jeez. We'll be deprived of one of the most anticipated rematches in MMA history.

Oh well. Gotta respect the man and his choices. I guess it will still be interesting to see how the UFC audience reacts to his jaw-dropping high kick KOs. And yeah he did pretty much face all of the top heavyweights pride has to offer.

But damn....still very dissappointed.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #6370915 - 12/14/06 06:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

awesome!!!

I bet he destroys UFCs big guns

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #6370924 - 12/14/06 06:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

good for him

now he can make good money beating up the wussier mma's

--------------------

Invisiblethallus
Stranger thanyou

Loc: Hiding in Plain Sight
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: sucklesworth]
    #6371051 - 12/14/06 07:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow I never look in sports didn't think anyone would be it to this. I love vale tudo, ufc, pride. Don't get to see much over here in the UK but I do BJJ on and off. My other half is Brazilian/Japanese so I get a lot sent to me but never enough. As for cro cop, I like to see these guys move around a bit I think the change in rules can spice things up a lot. Kings from the ufc can be doormats in pride when the soccer kick comes in to play and when you go the other way you loss alot of tools. I find tim Sylvia boring to watch so I hope it happens soon.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: barfightlard]
    #6372369 - 12/15/06 01:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

barfightlard said:
awesome!!!

I bet he destroys UFCs big guns

:yesnod:

On another note, do you guys know if that deal with Aleksander ever went through?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6373755 - 12/15/06 01:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They don't like to announce shit until it's basically aready happened. Nothing's confirmed for lil 'Enko.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: Jadian]
    #6373855 - 12/15/06 01:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ah alright bro, was just curious. Hopefully he ends up in the UFC. :yesnod:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#6373885 - 12/15/06 02:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

new sakikabara interview came out which basically denies the initial sherdog report and states "he plans on having cro-cop fight in february".

Now I really don't know what to think.

But still i'd love to see him stay in Pride and get another title shot against Fedor.

This is the only division in ANY weight class which possesses the ability to have a #1 fight a #2.

Look at all the other divisions.

LHW:

#1 Chuck Liddell
#2 Wandy/Shogun

MW:

#1 Anderson Silva (yeah i know MW rankings are highly fucked up after bushido 13 but bare with me)
#2 Paulo Filho/Dan Hendo/A Healthy Denis Kang

WW:

pride has no 170 lb division, thanks to the metric system

LW:

#1 Gomi
#2 Ishida/Sherk

i know the rankings are pretty absurd because the lightweight and MW divisions are still incredibly jumbled and not yet really established.

But it is clear that the UFC's heavyweight division does really stink it up in terms of talent (but the acquisition of WFA helps...Potentially signing Heath Herring, Ricco Rodriguez, Ron Waterman).

You have to remember the first cro-cop vs Fedor was undeniably the most anticipated title match in the history of the sport.

And the fight itself really lived up to all the hype.

I personally can't wait for a rematch.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Invisiblethallus
Stranger thanyou

Loc: Hiding in Plain Sight
    #6379140 - 12/17/06 01:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I could do a cro-cop vs Fedor rematch with pleasure

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outworld
    #6379194 - 12/17/06 02:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

By the time he gets to UFC, or Alex does Tim Syilva ain't going to be the champ, and they are going to have to beat a much faster, better striker and better ground fighter in Brandon Vera...

Because UFC can only hold Syliva getting beat by Vera for so long... The Truth has been beating everybody in his way including Mir in like 40 seconds. It's time for that match..

You are going to see another Militage fighter get schooled when that title match takes place..

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: MrSinister]
    #6387665 - 12/19/06 08:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i love this news... i was ecstatic last week when i heard. timmy is gonna get a LHK to his ugly dome

Offlinebrakson
Stranger

Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #6392826 - 12/21/06 03:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nothign is confirmed, he and his trainer just released a statement saiying that they havent made a decision yet and its all lies

i for one would love to see him destroy the talentless ufc heavyweight division. The talent level there is pretty awful

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: brakson]
    #6393207 - 12/21/06 10:27 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think you should beat them all up

--------------------

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: sucklesworth]
    #6393354 - 12/21/06 11:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cro Cop is best at light heavyweight I think. Any body with weight and extensive wrestling background will eventually get the best of him. Fedor is good in his time, but he is only popular, average Russian wrestler, there have been just as good Russian wrestlers in the past, if not even better back in the day. He has been more evolved with all the submissions and being in competition with one of the biggest MMA organizations. A true heavy weight should be around 300 Lbs+ with still good mobility, power and quickness and extensive wrestling. The ability to use his mass and leverage to unleash devastating blows while still maintaining endurance and durability. Any tactic can be neutralized of course, depending on fighters physical attributes but having the complete packages is not Fedor or Cro Cop, or anyone I've seen recently in any league. These fighters are still all over heralded, and nothing special IMO. Except for wanderlei, and some Brazilian fighters in there respected weight classes, just allow these guys to get in the UFC, and you'll see how really pussy the UFC is. Chuck just has avoided the meat grinder, until you engage it I think your kidding yourself with sheltered delusions of grandeur, but then again, you have to respect a fighter knowing the laws of probability and are willing to train towards it, and maintain the cutting edge image, maybe something Chuck represents, although you won't get away from the critics and being called out for being that way, No one is calling out Wanderlei in his respected weight class that has given him any comp. lately. Just look a Roy Jones, a fight dodger and waited too long, to preserve what......... I say might as well stop pacing yourself, and engage the competition.

Edited by capliberty (12/21/06 11:51 AM)

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: capliberty]
    #6397039 - 12/22/06 03:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

uhm

when wrestlers do nothing more than go for the takedown

defending it is all u need to concentrate on as a kickboxer like cro-cop. and that's what he did.

And that's why he still knockes out or submitted all the wrestlers he's ever faced.

He's evolved for the wrestling-domionant world of MMA.

Fedor is the best cuz he'll beat you in your game. Even if wrestlers went after him he would dominate the standind, and submit a wrestler from his back.

One thing wrestlers still don't train against is how to defend against submissions or even reversals.

--------------------

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6398480 - 12/23/06 02:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Don't get me wrong, when I say wrestling, I'm not talking some Mark Coleman b.s., I'm talking more like Kevin Randleman when he's good, when he threw Fedor that one time was nice, and when he beat Crocop, he was using wrestling tactics and throws. If you have some huge ass 300 Ibs wrestler who can slam fools and has the complete package of styles to match anyone elses, basically your talking Fedor with 70 to 100 Lbs more size and a strong body slam and wrestling background to go with it, thats the type of heavy weights that should be out there.

Edited by capliberty (12/23/06 02:14 AM)

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: MrSinister]
    #6399983 - 12/23/06 08:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MrSinister said:
By the time he gets to UFC, or Alex does  Tim Syilva ain't going to be the champ, and they are going to have to beat a much faster,  better striker and better ground fighter in Brandon Vera... 

Because UFC can only hold Syliva  getting beat  by Vera for so long... The Truth has been beating everybody in his way including Mir in like 40 seconds.  It's time for that match..

You are going to see another Militage fighter get schooled when that title match takes place..

Vera is going to Pride reportedly, so not likely.

And Capliberty - I disagree fully.  Wrestling was the background of the MMA heroes of past, and I believe that while a wrestling background is very helpful, a smarter ground technique will begin to phase out all the wrestlers.

Wrestlers need to be on top, and like Liquidsmoke (I think) said, they don't train enough with submissions.  A wily fucker that can squirm all over and then grab ANY offered limb, and twist it, is the way to go :grin:

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Cro Cop to the UFC [Re: capliberty]
    #6407231 - 12/29/06 07:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

capliberty said:
Don't get me wrong, when I say wrestling, I'm not talking some Mark Coleman b.s., I'm talking more like Kevin Randleman when he's good, when he threw Fedor that one time was nice, and when he beat Crocop, he was using wrestling tactics and throws. If you have some huge ass 300 Ibs wrestler who can slam fools and has the complete package of styles to match anyone elses, basically your talking Fedor with 70 to 100 Lbs more size and a strong body slam and wrestling background to go with it, thats the type of heavy weights that should be out there.

He didn't use his wrestling tactics to beat cro-cop. he faked the takedown, landed a left hook, and GnPed to KO.

When he DID use his wrestling, going for a takedown on cro-cop in their rematch, cro-cop sunk in the guillotine (illegal in competitive wrestling) and tapped randleman out.

Dominante collegiate and olympic wrestlers have been in MMA for a very long time. Not just Kevin Randleman, but there's also guys who came straight out of wrestling glory like nick nutter and the egyptian who fought in K-1. If you look at even Matt Hamil, you know there's so much missing.

--------------------

Invisiblepaulie_walnuts1
Stranger
    #6409879 - 12/30/06 05:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You think Cro Cop really had a shot against Fedor? The fight was competitive, but Fedor really owned the match for the most part. Mirko did nothing substantial, he looked out-classed. MMA needs a real contender for Fedor, like a Polar Bear or maybe a pack of jackals.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#6410270 - 12/30/06 12:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When I read about this I was exstatic, I really want to see Tim Sylvia's head get taken off with a LHK to the fucking dome.

Too bad no Cro Cop vs Fedor though. Oh well. :frown:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: Herb Grinder

General Interest >> Sports Forum