Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Red mushroom has medicinal properties
    #6350025 - 12/09/06 03:12 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Red mushroom has medicinal properties
December 7, 2006 - zeenews.com

Chennai, India - Red mushroom, the ancient Chinese secret of health and longevity, is emerging as an elixir of life for many in India suffering from various ailments, including cancer, claim doctors in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.

"It is not disease-specific or organ-specific. It is a dietary supplement which corrects the disorders of the body mainly by enhancing immunity and re-building lost or damaged cells," says Dr S Ranjan, a leading cardiologist here.

Dr N K Venugopal, a medical practitioner at Muvattupuzha in Kerala's Ernakulam district, says he has been prescribing products made out of ganoderma for over six years, and claimed to have found total cure in about 1,000 patients suffering from various ailments.

"The regular intake of ganoderma along with medication has proven that cancer can be cured in early stages," he says, adding, the polysaccharide fractions in ganoderma are mainly responsible in developing immunity against tumours.

Prof. K K Janardhanan, Department of Microbiology, Amala Cancer Research Institute, Thrissur, says he was impressed by anti-cancer properties of ganoderma during various studies.

"Our investigations have shown that methanolic extract of ganoderma lucidium, the variety commonly found in South India, possesses significant anti-tumour and anti-oxidant activities," he says.

"When mice were administered a dose of 500mg of ganoderma per kg of body weight after implanting a tumour, it was found that the tumour load was reduced by 97.7 per cent within 10 days," he says.

Venugopal says he has noticed that even in patients in their final stages of cancer, ganodema increases life-expectancy, reduces pain substantially, improved quality of life and reduces the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiation.

Dr Ranjan also says it was the anti-cancer effect of ganoderma on a person with myelomonocytic leukemia that exposed him to the virtues of the mushroom.

"A friend of mine was having blood cancer in its final stages in 1999 when he started having ganoderma products. Within days, he showed signs of remission. He had a more comfortable living for four more years", he says.

The effect of mushroom was found to be 100 per cent in diabetics, psoriasis, liver and cardiovascular disorders, Dr Venugopal says.

Prof. M T Joseph of Thodupuzha, Idukki district, Kerala, says he was suffering from acute psoriasis eight years back. "Different systems of treatment, including allopathy, ayurveda and homeopathy, could not bring any relief.

Then, I came across ganoderma through a friend who was cured of acute diabetics. After consulting a few experts, I started having ganoderma and, to my surprise, within a few months I was fully recovered," he says.

"Another remarkable thing I found was that many other smaller problems like ulcer in the stomach and bleeding of the gum also were cured."

Apart from building up immunity of the body, the mushroom also has anti-ageing properties, he claimed.

Various products of ganoderma are being consumed by people in around 60 countries, says Dr Vengugopal, adding that these have been certified by the United States Food and Drug Authority and approved by Japan in anti-cancer care.

While Indonesia has an approved diploma course in ganotherapy, various species of ganoderma have been included in Chinese pharmocoepia.

In China, mushrooms were in use for over 4,000 years for physicial and mental well-being. Known as 'Ling zhi' in local parlance, it was an expensive tonic mostly reserved for emperors and the rich.

The medicinal properties of various varieties of red mushroom, especially those found in India, have special reference in the ancient Ayurvedic texts, adds Dr Venugopal.

Agricultural research centres in India, including National Research Centre for Mushrooms, in Solan, Himachal Pradesh, and Kerala Agricultural University have successfully grown some species of ganoderma.

As much as 6,000 tonnes of ganoderma extracts are produced yearly across the globe, with China, Japan and the two Koreas being the main producers. The total trade touches US$ 4 billion, he says.

Dr Ranjan says researchers worldwide are trying to isolate molecules to be used in the allopathic system of medicine. "Though some researchers have developed Ganomycin A and B, the clinical tests are still not complete," he says.

Dr Venugopal wants the Central government to give more emphasis on research in the field and make the products locally available at cheaper rates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: veggie]
    #6350319 - 12/09/06 08:39 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Reishi is some good stuff. :stoned:

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #6350719 - 12/09/06 11:52 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Holy cow, where do I find some of this stuff? I'll take like 10 pounds, it almost sounds too good to be true!

Man, mushrooms are sweet.

Offlineteryaki
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: ApJunkie]
    #6352014 - 12/09/06 06:36 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

it makes u trip too rite?

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: teryaki]
    #6353408 - 12/10/06 08:19 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

teryaki said:

Yeah, it was just a very poorly written article. It mentioned how it was beneficial for cancer, diabetes, heart disease, immune system..I think you're the only one that caught that.. I mean, why even mention a mushroom on this site unless it makes you trip, right? It would be like totally useless unless it makes you "'trip"'.. Have you ever read any Reishi mushroom trip reports on this site? Do a search! I'm headed down to the asian foodstore right now to pick some up. I hope that they don't know that I'm going to use them to trip. :rolleyes:

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: Pinhead]
    #6354217 - 12/10/06 02:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pinhead said:
Quote:

teryaki said:

Yeah, it was just a very poorly written article. It mentioned how it was beneficial for cancer, diabetes, heart disease, immune system..I think you're the only one that caught that.. I mean, why even mention a mushroom on this site unless it makes you trip, right? It would be like totally useless unless it makes you "'trip"'.. Have you ever read any Reishi mushroom trip reports on this site? Do a search! I'm headed down to the asian foodstore right now to pick some up. I hope that they don't know that I'm going to use them to trip. :rolleyes:

That's just hilarious! :grin:

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: truffleupagus]
    #6354464 - 12/10/06 03:25 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I was actually out of Reishi tea. The asian foodstore I usually go to doesn't carry it any more. I did happen to find some (Different than my usual brand) Also found some Cordyceps Sinensis!

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: Pinhead]
    #6358160 - 12/11/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

That tea looks good.  I'm always up for trying new things even if it doesn't "make you trip". :grin:  I'll have to see if I can find an online vendor that carries that.  Thanks for posting that.

Offlinefungus_among_us
PhriendlyMycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: truffleupagus]
    #6358376 - 12/11/06 04:41 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Pinhead- that halarious.

Where do you find this tea? Would the local co-op have it? I think I'll look for it next time I'm there.

--------------------

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Re: Red mushroom has medicinal properties [Re: fungus_among_us]
    #6368269 - 12/13/06 10:23 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I had to search through 3 asian food stores in my area before I found any. I used to get it at an asian foods store across the street from where I work before they stopped carrying it.
Most Vietnamese shops seem to have it,

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies