Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Free Energy
    #6357240 - 12/11/06 10:01 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Why is it a national security? :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Free Energy [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6357251 - 12/11/06 10:05 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Rephrase?

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#6357257 - 12/11/06 10:07 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6357298 - 12/11/06 10:24 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Oh but the word is out already!

3He + 3He → 4He + 2 p + 12.9 MeV

Isn't that just sexy as hell? Just shy of 13 MeV and without ANY neutrons flying around! We need to go to the moon to get that thar Helium-3 but that's where we're headed, and isn't she a beauty?

Load er up and she's non-radioactive, start it up and you get supercharged light and heat without precedent, and the millisecond you switch it off it's completely nonradioactive and nontoxic again.

That is Free Energy! You're looking at the equasion that can power humankind with free energy for millions of years with just the Helium-3 fuel thats accessibly stashed away on the Moon and the Gas giants. We synthesize some on earth to play with, then there's enough on the moon to wet our appetite, then it's off to the lesser gass giants, working all the way op from Uranus to Jupiter. God left us a trail of breadcrumbs leading us deeper and deeper into our solar system, and then beyond, powering humanity's quest to colonize space with limitless free power.

a pound of Helium-3 yields the juice of about 100.000 barrels of oil.
There are NO emissions.
That sir is free energy.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Free Energy [Re: Asante]
    #6357307 - 12/11/06 10:30 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, healium 3 is going to kick ass.....

if we were to be able to have some wireless transmission of electricity and very eficient storage for it, we could just build a base on the moon and beam the power back.... it would kick ass.... although im sure it would be weaponized as well...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Free Energy [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6357337 - 12/11/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

although im sure it would be weaponized as well...

Don't lose sleep over that. Deuterium is just about as powerful and is used in all hydrogen bombs today save for experimental ones, and things like closo-decaborane shoot just as cleanly as Helium-3 in a nuclear weapon, but are far off as power plants go. If you want a dirty blast (like the 50 megaton pop in my avatar, which used 2 just 2 tons of LiD) there's always deuterium to shoot, which is an earth commodity in the form of Lithium deuteride (LiD) or deuterated ammonia (ND3) which will be one of the prime export commodities of the Gas Giant colonies.

There is no uranium mine or oil rig that is even a single percent as profitable as a helium/deuterium rig floating in the upper atmosphere of one of the lesser gas giant planets.
Why do you think we are finally going to realize a moon colony?
Economics my friend, but you know that :wink: 

If Helium-3 is made into nuclear explosives, it will be in demolition charges useful in the mining and engineering on the planets to build our colonies. Helium-3 powered miniature thermonuclear charges triggered without uranium/plutonium might even be used in open-cast mining and quarrying on earth, as they are a couple million times more powerful and cleaner than chemical explosives.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #6357355 - 12/11/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

actually what i was refering to was , IF we were able to "beam" the energy back to earth somehow, im sure that the beam could be mis-aimed onto any target with a devistating effect.

however, do you think that a helium 3 explosive could be just as powerful as a nuclear explosion, without the harmful radiation?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Re: Free Energy [Re: Economist]
    #6357370 - 12/11/06 10:55 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Economist said:
All your base?

you get what i am saying

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6357372 - 12/11/06 10:57 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

however, do you think that a helium 3 explosive could be just as powerful as a nuclear explosion, without the harmful radiation?

A Helium Bomb will be just as powerful weight for weight as a Hydrogen Bomb.

The difference is that nowhere in the cycle there is use or release of nasty radioactive neutrons or radioisotopes, these being the fallout of nukes. When a Helium bomb goes off there will be a one-millionth of a second burst of gamma rays, which suck to be exposed to but which does not make things radioactive and is over just as fast as it is released.

Basically you bang two light heliums into one another hard enough, and it turns into a normal helium and two normal hydrogens, along with light of all wavelengths, which is basically heat.
There is no radioactive stuff involved anywhere in the cycle and like X-rays the gamma burst is over the split second it is no longer formed.

So yes, helium-3 as a nuclear explosive is just as powerful as hydrogen bombs, but is almost completely clean, as the "pollution" neutralizes itself in a millionth of a second instead of thousands of years.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6357384 - 12/11/06 11:05 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

actually what i was refering to was , IF we were able to "beam" the energy back to earth somehow, im sure that the beam could be mis-aimed onto any target with a devistating effect.

You're right, terawatt lasers aren't something to accidentally miss your plant's recepticle with :wink:

But like I said, a pound of Helium-3 is about equal to 100.000 barrels of oil, so far more economic than laser beams would be to pack the Helium-3 in 1.000 lbs polymer cilinders (which also can be manufactured from the atmosphere of the lesser gas giants, how convenient!) and just haul them off to your powerplant on a speeding rocket.

Once we can get fusion power to jump hoops we can in fact even power this spacecraft by exploding the very same Helium-3 behind it, and reach speeds up to 30.000 kilometers a second, which can take you to the moon in eleven seconds if you slam the brakes after the tenth  :wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
    #6357410 - 12/11/06 11:17 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Re-he-heally? I hadn't heard about the Helium-3 discoveries, but I'm very glad to hear that.

Well sort of... I'm in school right now studying for a career of alternative energy research. If they just cured our energy problems, I think I've got some career problems ahead of me, but still good news either way  :discodance:

OfflineJorsher
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Earth
    #6357413 - 12/11/06 11:18 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Sooo this is the resource that NASA is talking about when they say the moon base we're supposed to have by 2020 (I think?) will be used for us to take trips to as well as gathering moon resources?

The test plant built in China uses dueterium doesn't it? The one that can supposedly create the same amount of energy as 30 litres of oil from one liter of sea water?

--------------------
5 shroom me!

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6357421 - 12/11/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

So are we talking about having the reaction take place on the moon?

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6357425 - 12/11/06 11:23 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

from what I've read, the 3He fusion equation needs temperatures that are about 10 more than the D+T reaction..

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Free Energy [Re: Jorsher]
    #6357449 - 12/11/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

The catch is - we need fusion energy to work first, but if we eat our vitamins we'll possibly see fusion become the primary source of grid electricity when we're old.

Quote:

So are we talking about having the reaction take place on the moon?

If you can have a reasonably compact reactor, you can put it anywhere. Helium-3 is no different from helium in balloons, except its lighter and makes your voice squeak noticably higher.

Quote:

The test plant built in China uses dueterium doesn't it?

I believe it's Tritium deuteride. I'm against Tritium because you need uranium power to generate at least a part of it, but it happens to be the coolest reaction out there. (coolest = requiring the least heat input to work)

In my view once we've conquered that hurdle, and investors see it can be done, we should branch off to pure deuterium fusion (and of its waste gases T and 3He) for jobs that can be dirty, and Helium fusion for jobs that need to be clean.

If you're going to blast some asteroid somewhere, you use a deuterium-based nuclear explosive. If you want to power a city, you use clean Helium-3.

The fusion we're tring to achieve now is the least sexy because it is highly radioactive. (three neutrons to two protons) We must go for that one though because corporate investors first got to see that shit actually works. After that theres more funding and scientists can focus on the really cool reactions, pure-deuterium (abundant on earth) and pure Helium (nonradioactive, abundant in space)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineJorsher
Psychonaut
Male

#6357462 - 12/11/06 11:40 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Nice.

Go humans.

Not sure on all the technicalities of this stuff, but could they use one reaction to get a high enough temp for another, etc until they get the big one going?

--------------------
5 shroom me!

Edited by Jorsher (12/11/06 11:45 AM)

Re: Free Energy [Re: Jorsher]
    #6357478 - 12/11/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I was talking more along the lines of hyrdogen fuel cells. But take it any way yawl wanna go with it.

OfflineJorsher
Psychonaut
Male

#6357483 - 12/11/06 11:47 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Corporal Kielbasa said:
I was talking more along the lines of hyrdogen fuel cells. But take it any way yawl wanna go with it.

Those aren't really free energy. They use energy to make the gasses.

--------------------
5 shroom me!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom