Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

Loc: Fuckin Texas
Re: Gold [Re: CureCat]
    #6354080 - 12/10/06 01:12 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
Quote:

Woombleshamba said:
Quote:

Shrum821 said:
someone correct me if im wrong but ive been shrummin for some years now and ive never heard of hybrid psilocybes.  How would one even go about doing that? 

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day. I wonder if it is possible to hybridise mushrooms while cloning. I don't know much about cloning mushrooms so I'm likely wrong, but what do you guys think? if you placed samples of two different species on opposite ends of a cloning medium (ie cardboard) could the mycilia integrate together, or would one take the other over?. Hmmmm just a thought from a noob.

Same species can MATE.  Different species cannot.  As I stated in the last post, that is one of the defining characteristics of a species- that they can Mate.  If two organisms cannot mate, they are not the same species.

So again, different strains will MATE, but not different species.

You got the right idea with the cloning though.  That is how you would go about MATING same species.  If they are the same species, the mycellium will integrate.  If they are seperate species, either one will take over the other, or more likely, there will be a defined border where the two organisms meet.

I dunno, i thought psilocybin mushrooms were asexual, meaning that they would not mate.  I guess i could see how two mycelia of sligltly different strains could "mix" but i wouldnt call it mating.  And i think that the potency is effected a lot more by the growing conditions and the substrate, or from specie to specie, not strain to strain.  I dunno maybe if someone could find or do an experiment on a bunch of different cubensis of different strains but grown in the exact same conditions, and then measure their psilocybin/psilocin/other alkaloid content, then id be convinced. But i still think cubes are cubes.  Well once you eat them at least.  :stoned:

:Edit:  Sorry Cure i didnt read your last line for some reason, (stoned lol) so nevermind i guess, but id still like to see that experiment.  :tongue2:

Edited by Shrum821 (12/10/06 01:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Gold [Re: Shrum821]
    #6356379 - 12/11/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, agreed. That would be a good experiment.

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Re: Gold [Re: Montanahunter420]
    #6356734 - 12/11/06 03:44 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jeverden said:
Quote:

agar said:
<a href="/forums/files/05-19/604836000-virgin_veil.jpg" target="_blank"></a>
Optimal GOLD

That active?

---->

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Gold [Re: agar]
    #6356974 - 12/11/06 07:41 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

when I was back in high school and didn't know any better my mushrooms always had the gold, i prefered it actually, amount of gold specks was how i used to choose my bag... It's definately vermiculite... i feel like an idiot now that I know better

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Gold [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6357026 - 12/11/06 08:16 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Hahahaha!! You never asked what it was??

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Gold [Re: CureCat]
    #6357043 - 12/11/06 08:27 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

lmao drug dealers (in general, this doesn't apply to them all) don't normally have a clue what anything is, except weed, and for the most part they are about as uneducated on that subject as my mom (who i might add thought i smoked gourmet flavored handrolled cigarettes for the longest time, before i explained that I SMOKE POT). they probably wouldn't even know what kind of mushrooms they were, they'd probably just say the msuhrooms were the magic kind if i had asked... i made this decision based on the first time i did them there was verm on the base of the stem (looked like part of the mushroom) and i tripped my balls off. the second time i did them it had no gold specks and i had a weak trip. third and fourth time had the specks and I tripped fine... now this was all just chance i later found out, but to a 15 year old it seems like a rational reasoning.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Edited by tickettothemoon (12/11/06 08:29 AM)

Invisibleitsbreck
Crunk
Male
Re: Gold [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6357381 - 12/11/06 11:04 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

pick the vermiculite and eat em.

they're CUBES

--------------------
:psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:  :psychsplit:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds