Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

A Great Trip: Syrian Rue + Psilocybe Cubensis (Golden Teacher)
    #6354196 - 12/10/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Two friends and myself ate some recently-cultivated Golden teachers along with having a nice brew of Syrian Rue last night.

At first, I always sorta ignored the reports of how much MAOIs affect your trip.. but let me tell you, the reports are 110% true. I drank a bew which consisted of 3 grams of Syrian rue, some OJ, and some hot cocoa powder. It sounds a strange mix.. but syrian rue tastes absolutely terrible, and the strong flavors of chocolate and OJ offset that.. sort of. After I drank that, I ate around 8 grams of mushrooms that were about 75% dry. I'm guessing they would've weighed about 5 grams cracker dry.

The MAOI in rue made the mushrooms 'kick in' MUCH faster than usual. I was starting to trip in about 10 minutes. Started out with very nice kaleidescopic visions against the walls and TV, along with the usual outbursts of random noises and giggles that I tend to experience when shrooming. Shortly after I started tripping I made some paint from the rue (it's extremely black-light reactive, but invisible to the naked eye). I painted my skeleton on my hands and arms, and everyone enjoyed that very much. Especially with the lights on and the blacklight on.. you could see my hand find, then when I turned to the blacklight you could see the bright yellow skeleton. Looked like an xray almost.

After a while of that and watching COPS (which is lots of fun when you trip) and lots of in-depth conversation with one of my friends, my other friend started "wigging" out a bit. We had to explain that that was the whole point of an MAOI-mushroom combination.. to trip really really hard. He sort of got a hold of himself, but kept flipping between being cold and being hot.. which I thought was weird.

I started tripping on my hand and leg.. they were both morphing and changing shapes and sizes and melting. Very fun, very fun. We played some Wii Tennis on the Nintendo Wii.. very fun also. The lawn-mower lines on the tennis court were swerving and changing and it was more a game of impulse than skill, as I couldn't really concentrate on much. Needless to say, I lost.

My friend showed me an excellent post of Surreal Art here on the shroomery. Laurie Lipton and Luke Brown impress me, as did all the other work we looked at. You can't really understand surreal art until you are hallucinating. The art came alive.. shifting.. swirling.. moving. One work by Laurie Lipton (I think) was an image of a hallway and a doll figure in the foreground with a man peaking out of a door in the background. It really brought me into the hallway, and the people moved slightly.. very exciting stuff.

All in all I really enjoyed myself and I can't wait until our next flush. Mushrooms are wonderful with MAOIs.

That said, I don't suggest anyone eat as much of either (not together at least) as we did unless you are prepared to trip very, very hard. My friend (the one that was wigging out and couldn't decide if he was hot or cold) really wasn't enjoying himself until we talked to him and explained that the whole purpose was to feel how he felt. He was tensing and on the brink of having an "I'm not OK" moment, but luckily we got him to get past his inhibitions and fears of losing control. Hell, if we didn't want to lose control, why would we put up with those disgusting tastes? :smile:

:mariopeace:

--------------------
"Hence in the wise leader's plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together." -Sun Tzu

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: A Great Trip: Syrian Rue + Psilocybe Cubensis (Golden Teacher) [Re: DrMario]
    #6355147 - 12/10/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You watched COPS? Good god, that sounds like a bummer!

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: A Great Trip: Syrian Rue + Psilocybe Cubensis (Golden Teacher) [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6355569 - 12/10/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You watched COPS, yet you were wondering why your friend was wigging out? lol

--------------------

OfflineDrMario
Head-Shrinker
Male User Gallery

Re: A Great Trip: Syrian Rue + Psilocybe Cubensis (Golden Teacher) [Re: DrMario]
    #6357171 - 12/11/06 09:27 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

It was actually pretty excellent because their faces were morphing and the flashing lights of the police cars were excellent. Add to that the occasional kaleidoscopic affects I was getting.. all in all, it was good :smile:

:mariopeace:

--------------------
"Hence in the wise leader's plans, considerations of advantage and of disadvantage will be blended together." -Sun Tzu

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate