Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWronguy
Alligator, marijuana found in man's car at Yuma checkpoint [AZ]
    #6357038 - 12/11/06 10:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5795207&nav=HMO6

Alligator, marijuana found in man's car at Yuma checkpoint

YUMA, Ariz. Yuma Border Patrol agents found an alligator stashed in the suitcase of a California man who was on his way to Phoenix.
The agents found the four-foot, four-year-old cayman alligator during a routine checkpoint search on Interstate Eight on Thursday night

Agency spokesman Lloyd Easterling says a drug-sniffing dog became alert near the man's car. Inside, agents found thirteen grams of marijuana. Then they found the alligator.

The man -- whose name was not released -- was cited for possessing restricted wildlife and was taken into custody by the Arizona Department of Public Safety in connection with the marijuana.

Possessing restricted wildlife is a Class Two misdemeanor and carries penalties of up to four months in jail and up to 750 dollars in fines.

The alligator is being evaluated by the Phoenix Herpetological Society and likely will end up in a zoo or wildlife park.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecerpinjc7
LegalizationAdvocate
Male User Gallery

Loc: SomewhereBetweenReality&F...
Re: Alligator, marijuana found in man's car at Yuma checkpoint [AZ] [Re: Wronguy]
    #6358402 - 12/11/06 06:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds familiar... has anyone done this before? :confused:

--------------------
"I have only provided the keys, it is up to you to awaken your third eye and unlock the portal of your mind..." -

MARILIZE LEGALJUANA

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: Alligator, marijuana found in man's car at Yuma checkpoint [AZ] [Re: cerpinjc7]
    #6366132 - 12/13/06 03:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

NO, it was not me.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

OfflineColonelpoop
Poopyhead

Loc: On the ground, rollin' ar...
Re: Alligator, marijuana found in man's car at Yuma checkpoint [AZ] [Re: Wronguy]
    #6366180 - 12/13/06 03:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So where do you go to sell an Alligator?

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: Alligator, marijuana found in man's car at Yuma checkpoint [AZ] [Re: Colonelpoop]
    #6371096 - 12/14/06 07:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Some states allow people to keep them as pets. Some have very harsh laws against it.
Camian and alligators are two different animals. Either way it was probably the guys pet. I hate to say it but, I'd bet money they kill the poor thing. The zoo or wildlife park statement looks good in print but it doesn't really happen that way. Animal control usually gets them and treats them like dangerous dogs. Death sentence.
The only thing keeping my family from moving to AZ. or N.M. is the fact that we couldn't bring our gator "Boots" with us. We love and value her as much, if not more then many people value the family dog or cat. I couldn't give her up. My kids would be heart broken. Even my wife would hate to see her go.
We have kept both gators and caiman's for around 15 years nows. They are not a pet for just anyone. I was lucky enough to have the chance to work with pro. gator handlers when I was younger. I also spent years studying captive requirements and behavioral conditioning of reptiles.
Boots is an American alligator. She measures 4.5 feet long. She's naturally house trained. She likes to rest on my lap or climb up onto my chest while I sit in a rocking chair. She has even made her den under my bed. I often call her "dog tame" but that is misleading. I have been knocked down, dragged, bitten, chewed on, and scratched by every dog I've ever owned. Other then 2-3 sessions of ANTI-bite training as babies, I have never been bit buy a gator.
After keeping crocodilians as pets for so long, I can't imagine ever owning another dog.

As far as where you could buy/sell a gator... http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=24

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Edited by cricket (12/14/06 07:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service