Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineblueshroprachaun
Student Of The Spore 2y2l
 User Gallery

Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries…
    #6354223 - 12/10/06 04:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I’ve come a long way since my first post back in Sept – I posted pictures with my first cakes, these are my first casings! Two jars Basic PF TEK BRF cakes that were inoculated with two different variants of the classic pf strain: red spore and albino.  The inoculations took place approx 1&1/2 week apart :syringe:. Upon full colonization they were cased in one verm / coir (60/40) and one peat / verm (50/50) casing on the same day and moved approx 48 hours after that from the colonization to the Martha chamber, I had to move the peat over a little early because the coir was showing myc and I wanted to have a somewhat similar “time” race. Martha temp around room-temp (70-76). RH = cool mist, inside the Martha RR style, that’s on 15 min off 3 hrs, and seems to be balanced, with very little condensation build up. FAE is slight fanning 1x or 2x /day w/ Martha door open.

What happened wasn’t what I expected, but I think it’s interesting. The casings seem to be growing both kinds of variants. On the peat / verm casing the albinos have pretty much taken over, but there are some red spore in there. And the verm / coir casing is mostly red spore with only a few albino. Is this mixture common using the method and strain described?

My other question is, the peat / verm fruit seem to be “sagging” a, like the one in the middle that’s just doubled over, I already picked him. I can’t seem to find the cause of this…  Thanks for any help and suggestions. :mushroom2:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-49/577925142-thumb_P1000338-peetverm.jpg">

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-49/577941413-thumb_P1000339-vermcoir.jpg">

--------------------
"All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous." - Paracelsus,  the father of toxicology

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries… [Re: blueshroprachaun]
    #6356440 - 12/11/06 02:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have seen a mushroom or too that was "Sagging" as well,I think in my case it was from to much humidity because they also had a ton of mycelium growing up their steams but I'm not sure what is making yours that way

OfflinemyCo_psyCo
a mycologist inthe making
Male User Gallery

Loc: own private hell
Re: Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries… [Re: Blutjager]
    #6356465 - 12/11/06 02:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

were you trying to cross them?
if you were going to do it the way you did you would need to start with a monocaryot isolate, let that colonize and then innoc with spores to form the dicaryot, then select traits you want for cloning a few gererations [or at least thats what i got from what workman did with the penis/albino}

--------------------

Offlineblueshroprachaun
 User Gallery

Re: Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries… [Re: myCo_psyCo]
    #6357647 - 12/11/06 02:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks myco! I will have to try that one of these days... I would love to create some of my own crosses. This happened more by accident, after 1 and 1/2 weeks I was afraid that these jars weren't going to colonize, so I hit em up with more solution. I thought that one variation would totally take over the other though...

--------------------
"All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous." - Paracelsus,  the father of toxicology

Offlineblueshroprachaun
 User Gallery

Re: Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries… [Re: Blutjager]
    #6357655 - 12/11/06 02:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
I have seen a mushroom or too that was "Sagging" as well,I think in my case it was from to much humidity because they also had a ton of mycelium growing up their steams but I'm not sure what is making yours that way

I think that's it, the pic of this one kinda sucks (hopefully Santa will have a better digital camera for me under the tree this year  :wink: ) but there were some pretty big bumps of myc growing on that stem, which eventually weakened it enough to fold it in half. Maybe too much moisture? Hmmm...

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries… [Re: blueshroprachaun]
    #6357697 - 12/11/06 03:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

High CO2 levels can also cause them to do that.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehfactor
Enthusiast
 User Gallery
Re: Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries… [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6357764 - 12/11/06 03:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Mutants!! get more FAE that should solve the weak stems problem. I'm not really sure how to get good automatic FAE on marthas as I use pods or terriums with pumps so they automatically get new air without me having to do anything. I would research that and I think that should fix your problem.

Offlineblueshroprachaun
 User Gallery

Re: Mixed Variant Strain Casing Fruits w/ pics – Casing Queries… [Re: hfactor]
    #6368545 - 12/14/06 01:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks everyone for the responses and the advice. I have probably waited too long to harvest this flush, but I was watching the effects of more FAE (Co2 reduction, thanks RR, or RH reduction, thanks Jager) to my chamber take hold. It may have been too late to save my albinos this time, but it’s more FAE NEXT time for sure. I went from fanning 1 or 2 times a week, to twice a day. Noticeable differences already!

PEAT @ Harvest:

COIR @ Harvest:

Altogether now:

I would encourage anyone – who is well read on the TEKs – Case!

I do have some questions on my new casings though…
The PATCH tek – these casings just came out of the colonization chamber, should I “patch” these “high spots”? Or should I just let em go? (Top left is a whole cake – all of the other 3 are “crumbled” – all 4 are 50/50 verm / peat). All help is welcome!

Edited by blueshroprachaun (12/14/06 01:39 AM)

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
    #6368635 - 12/14/06 02:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They are some crazy crazy looking fruits man!

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6368661 - 12/14/06 02:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blueshroprachaun said:
Thanks everyone for the responses and the advice. I have probably waited too long to harvest this flush, but I was watching the effects of more FAE (Co2 reduction, thanks RR, or RH reduction, thanks Jager) to my chamber take hold. It may have been too late to save my albinos this time, but it’s more FAE NEXT time for sure.  I went from fanning 1 or 2 times a week, to twice a day. Noticeable differences already!

PEAT @ Harvest:

COIR @ Harvest:

Altogether now:

I would encourage anyone – who is well read on the TEKs – Case!

I do have some questions on my new casings though…
The PATCH tek – these casings just came out of the colonization chamber, should I “patch” these “high spots”? Or should I just let em go? (Top left is a whole cake – all of the other 3 are “crumbled” – all 4 are 50/50 verm / peat). All help is welcome!

I vote you patch a few and leave a few to continue your experimention :thumbup:

Offlineblueshroprachaun
 User Gallery

#6368893 - 12/14/06 03:39 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
I vote you patch a few and leave a few to continue your experimention :thumbup:

That's a good idea! Maybe the two with the most growth will be good candidates for the PATCH!  :cool:

--------------------

OfflinemyCo_psyCo
a mycologist inthe making
Male User Gallery

Loc: own private hell
    #6369010 - 12/14/06 04:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

thos albino ones look like the color of dead human flesh :zombie:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation