Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Woodlovers for the Numb -- could this actually WORK ?!
    #6353713 - 12/10/06 11:04 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I just thought up something so simplistic that it baffles me, especially considering the implications for growing edible and entheogenic woodlovers.

If this works, and I really think it probably will, it will make woodlover growing a no-brainer!

Hear me out:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
WOODLOVERS FOR THE NUMB  v0.1

-presterilized wood chips
-fresh woodlover mushrooms (Oysters, Azures..)
-blender
-water

1..take your presterilized woodchips and put them into your container of choice
2..take the right amount of water (lets say same weight as the dry chips) put it in the blender with the fresh mushrooms and blend the living daylights out of it, producing a liquid spawn
3..mix the liquid spawn with the woodchips, hydrating and thoroughly inoculating them
4..treat like normally spawned substrate
5..pick the mushrooms and use some to re-engage the cycle
-------------------------------------------------------------------

That sure sounds pretty bloody easy! For edibles this means simply going to the (super)market for a box of oysters or shiitakes to get readymade pure-mycelium spawn :laugh:

If you use the above TEK to make woodchip spawn, and then inoculate a big bed with that, a few mushrooms can spawn a huge patch!

Since many people collect Panaeolus subbalteatus from the wild, and if memory serves me right this grows well on wood, this means a hunter can become a grower without any labwork :laugh:

So, tell me what you make of this, it sounds almost too good to be true! Give me your expert opinion :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Woodlovers for the Numb -- could this actually WORK ?! [Re: Asante]
    #6353738 - 12/10/06 11:11 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yes it works but not a 100% IN an indoor controlled inviroment it would probebly fail. A few of us in sanfrancisco blend the shit out of fresh psilocybes and place the slurry into a hand sprayer and spray the mixture onto wood chips in random areas. The following year we see mushrooms growing there. I have seen ps cyanofib growing this year in areas that i sprayed last year. I use 10cc's of liquid culture per spray bottle. Waylitjim uses a huge backpack sprayer and does what you described and it works. David arora recomends this tek but he uses water with some sea salt to fight off bateria.

The water/sea salt//shredded mushroom tec should have less of a contam rate then using a liquid culter because the lack of sugar.

Its worth a shot and you can pm waylitjim.
Sorry about the typing ans spelling, i just woke up

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Happy hunting in Humboldt!
Male

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: Woodlovers for the Numb -- could this actually WORK ?! [Re: tahoe]
    #6353750 - 12/10/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome idea! Lol I am tempted to go around spraying my neighborhood with a backback sprayer now lol :laugh:

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6353768 - 12/10/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yes it works but not a 100% IN an indoor controlled inviroment it would probebly fail. A few of us in sanfrancisco blend the shit out of fresh psilocybes and place the slurry into a hand sprayer and spray the mixture onto wood chips in random areas. The following year we see mushrooms growing there. I have seen ps cyanofib growing this year in areas that i sprayed last year. I use 10cc's of liquid culture per spray bottle. Waylitjim uses a huge backpack sprayer and does what you described and it works. XXX recomends this tek but he uses water with some sea salt to fight off bateria.
The water/sea salt//shredded mushroom tec should have less of a contam rate then using a liquid culter because the lack of sugar.

So you are talking NO presterilization of the wood when it is a wild culture?! (or, as I suspect, mixing some soil with indoor chips to introduce some microbial "wildness" like out of doors)
That sounds absolutely bloody wonderful :smile2:

Goodmorning to you sir!

How much mushrooms do you need to how much liquid to inoculate approximately how much woodchips?

The salt story sounds good, but how much would be needed to not desiccate the mycelium?

What a Trip, when you got the time I want to know all there is to know about this TEK. Who needs a 100% success rate, or even a 50% success rate, when it is that easy and cheap to get results? Its not like woodchips cost an arm and a leg :smile:

I want to know! :sun:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6353792 - 12/10/06 11:39 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

That would work with outdoor grows, and stamets describes similar in his books. However, for indoor grows, your spawn must be sterile, and fruits from the grocery store or outdoors are far from sterile.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Woodlovers for the Numb -- could this actually WORK ?! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6353806 - 12/10/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

so if i take about 1/4lb of some fresh mushrooms...blend them up...put in a sprayer and go spray everywhere outside (i live on the side of a mountain...and its very shady) i might have some mushrooms next year?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Wood lovers for the Numb -- could this actually WORK ?! [Re: Asante]
    #6353813 - 12/10/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i am drinking coffee now so i might be a little more coherent.
Outdoor in the wild there wasn't any pasteurization. Nature has a way of fighting off molds. I would think the water/salt/mushroom mixture would work indoors to get the culture going but it is always a good idea to give the wood ships a bleach bath or to boil them.
A tbs or 2 of bleach per gallon of water mixed with the wood chips works fine. I fill a 5 gallon buck half way with water and just eyeball the bleach. Add chips and let them soak for 24-48 hours. Then i drain them and rinse them off. I usually use grain/sawdust spawn to them but this is when you could spray them with the water/mushrooms mixture. LC will not work indoors because then sugar will mold right away. The bleach neutralizes in a matter of hours after its been removed from the water so it wont harm the mycelium.
I would think a 2 tbs of SEA salt per gallon of water would be fine. You don't want it to taste like the ocean. And maybe 2 mushrooms per gallon of water. IT would be best to apply this mixture outdoors when its damp pr lightly raining. This will knock the chunks of mycelium below the surface and protect it form the sun until its semi established,

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Woodlovers for the Numb -- could this actually WORK ?! [Re: total]
    #6353822 - 12/10/06 11:47 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

total said:
so if i take about 1/4lb of some fresh mushrooms...blend them up...put in a sprayer and go spray everywhere outside (i live on the side of a mountain...and its very shady) i might have some mushrooms next year?

as long as the enviroment is right. You cant grow cubes indoors and spray them on the ide of a mountain in the pnw and expect growth.

You could get oysters or shittakes from the store and spray them on a wood pile.

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #6353831 - 12/10/06 11:51 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

ah...that makes sense

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Wood lovers for the Numb -- could this actually WORK ?! [Re: tahoe]
    #6353867 - 12/10/06 12:03 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You're just telling me what I want to hear right :smile2:
j/k, I believe you!

Quote:

A tbs or 2 of bleach per gallon of water mixed with the wood chips works fine. I fill a 5 gallon buck half way with water and just eyeball the bleach. Add chips and let them soak for 24-48 hours. Then i drain them and rinse them off. I usually use grain/sawdust spawn to them but this is when you could spray them with the water/mushrooms mixture. The bleach neutralizes in a matter of hours after its been removed from the water so it wont harm the mycelium.

Sounds great, I was thinking of bleach myself, very convenient!

Quote:

LC will not work indoors because then sugar will mold right away.

Ah but this is liquid spawn, not LC, so no sugar :smile:

Quote:

I would think a 2 tbs of SEA salt per gallon of water would be fine. You don't want it to taste like the ocean.

You're just about describing physiological saline (9gr/liter) which would make sense.

Quote:

And maybe 2 mushrooms per gallon of water.

:eek: Wow, talk about a little going a long way! Would I be correct in assuming that this gallon "does" at least ten square feet (1 m2) of dedicated patch or is it closer to 50 sq ft or so?

Quote:

IT would be best to apply this mixture outdoors when its damp pr lightly raining. This will knock the chunks of mycelium below the surface and protect it form the sun until its semi established

Or perhaps watering after spraying..

Tahoe I'm absolutely eating this up, this is a very natural way of growing shrooms (natural enviroment all the way) and it makes you a gardener of shrooms rather than a laboratory cultivator.
Thanks a lot for sharing, and if there is more please tell us :laugh:

This could spread shroomgrowing like wildfire because there is no expensive equipment and labwork involved.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#6353972 - 12/10/06 12:43 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I've had an idea for cubies that would be similar to this. I haven't tried it out yet, I've just been mulling it over.

Submerge a couple ounces of fresh shrooms in a peroxide solution. Pasturize H-poo. Take poo at field capacity and stick it in the oven and steam off a couple ounces of water (or just squeeze the crap out of it). Take shrooms, drain water and blend them up. Mix with poo. See what happens.

The only drawback is that the spores would all presumably die, and you're stuck with a few sub-strains, so you would need to start fresh after a few generations... but that's nto that big a deal. Oh, you would also have to sacrifice a few ounces of fresh shrooms.

rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds