Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
Loc: New York
Advice w/ casing from experienced using rye seed.
    #6350482 - 12/09/06 11:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I read and watched all I thought I needed to understand the need to knows, a few as that didn't find w/ casing as I just started incubation a few days ago is there any way that the casing mixture become contaminated?, also I thought I would save a step and make the casing mix ahead of time but I moistened it as well already ready to go in the jar, have had it at a cool/cold temp. is it a bad idea to still use it because of the time that will elapse before I use it?, and well 1 last thing when misting/fanning/patching the casing should there be any worry or precautions taken?, thanks for any help.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Advice w/ casing from experienced using rye seed. [Re: p14y80y]
    #6350493 - 12/09/06 12:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes you can get contamination at any stage in the game,the casing mix should be fine prepared ahead of time as long as it didn't dry out and as long as your substrate is fully colonized it should be pretty resistant to contamination so there really isn't any special precautions needed,good luck to you

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advice w/ casing from experienced using rye seed. [Re: Blutjager]
    #6350541 - 12/09/06 12:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I disagree. The casing mix should be made up fresh the day you're going to use it. Pasteurization isn't intended to kill everything, so letting it sit while your jars colonize is letting the contaminants have time to make a comeback. Just make up a fresh batch when your grains are ready.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation