Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Poppy business booms in western Burma
    #6348457 - 12/08/06 06:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Mizzima News: Poppy business booms in western Burma
December 8, 2006 - Burmanet

It is boom time for cultivation and production of poppy as prospective buyers from other states have been gathering in western Burma since early this year.

The sale of raw opium grown in Cikha sub-township, 30 kilometres from Behiang, a border village between Manipur, India and Tedim Township, Chin State is on the rise. The cease fire armed group, United Wa Army, has entered the local market under the protection of
Burma’s military regime. About four to seven members of UWA stay regularly in Cikha sub-township and buy raw opium and cam with the help of the Burma Army.

Under the command of a second lieutenant Mahachian alias Chaw Aung, UWA monitors harvesting and collection of opium and makes purchases for the year. They are now waiting for the December collection. Only one or two UWA cadres appear in public while the others maintain a low profile in the confines of Burma Army camps.

“Wa concentration in these areas is due to their souring of relationship with Chinese businessmen,” said a Chin businessman, who preferred to remain anonymous.

Raw opium is collected thrice annually and UWA bought more then 150 kilograms in September and November from Cikha sub-township, while around 12,795 kilograms was sold from Tedim Township between May and August 2006.

UWA pays Kyat 1, 00, 000 for 1.5 kilograms in the local market.

Shipment of the contraband is mostly done by Burma Army’s vehicles or transportation arranged by UWA. Local residents are appeased as UWA provides free transportation with no frisking at government check gates, when the contraband is transported to UWA headquarters in Shan state.

There are around 20 poppy fields, three acres on an average in the 30 villages surrounding Cikha sub-township, and around 87 acres of land is under poppy cultivation in Tedim Township.

Meanwhile, heroin refineries are said to be located in the jungles of Falam and Tedim town in Chin state and Kalay Myo, Sakhinyi and Khampat in Sagaing division Local residents speculate that those refineries are run by UWA while some argue it belongs to Burma’s military junta.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Poppy business booms in western Burma [Re: veggie]
    #6348949 - 12/08/06 09:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hopefully this means the prices will drop on pods. They have been insanely high the past 2 months or so. I was hoping to do some decorating for Christmas.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Poppy business booms in western Burma [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6349635 - 12/09/06 01:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, lets hope. I wanted to make myself a nice poppy pod wreath for the front door and attach some hooks to a few of them to hang from my tree :grin:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Poppy business booms in western Burma [Re: eris]
    #6351525 - 12/09/06 05:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:rotfl:

Nice!

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service