Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefjbk47985
Has Been AbsentFor Far Too Long
Flashbacks
    #631609 - 05/15/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I know ppl who have flashbacks now because they've taken LSD.

I wanna know if that can happen with shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Flashbacks [Re: fjbk47985]
    #631642 - 05/15/02 11:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It's possible. www.erowid.org read their mushroom section for more information.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #632802 - 05/16/02 07:52 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Though be careful with the term "flashback". I feel that the media and educators have misrepresented what a flashback really is in order to scare people away from drugs. A flashback is a lot like deja vu where you have a momentary woah, that was neat. It isn't something that lasts for hours and drops you right back into a drugged-out-state-of-mind that you have no control over.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
Re: Flashbacks [Re: Seuss]
    #633091 - 05/16/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, Seuss is right, i think its a term which has been taken a little too seriously, mainly due to bad propaganderous drug education. Flashbacks are overly synonymous with psychedelics, whereas i know that there are just as many people who have never taken anything stronger than an aspirin have had reccurring flashbacks due to a traumatising event, or other strong mental imprints. Due to the unique nature of trips, and how they can become very vivid and scary at times, its not irrational to conceive that they may cause flashbacks of some sort in the futue, not because of any lasting damage due to the actual drug, but the natural aftershock of the normal mentality of the brain.
Even taking this into account, i know a lot of people who trip a lot, and i have never known anybody to have a flashback.
So they are incredibly rare, and not really something plausible enough to take into account if deciding whether or not to trip.
I would be more worried about actual permanent psychosis, to tell you the truth.

Hope that helps.

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Flashbacks [Re: Chonger]
    #633217 - 05/16/02 12:55 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

propoganda demonizes flashbacks caused by LSD however they never demonize the flashbacks caused by Vietnam when people were forced to go out and die for no reason, and if they survived they are still fucked up, often. you have to love hypocrisy.

To serve and protect my ass

Offlinegrowin
addict
    #633840 - 05/17/02 01:53 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i triped *alot* and no flashback yet.
though some friends of mine had.
he was driving at the moment. the fool knew he's having a flashback but he tends not to do things rationally so he decided to keep on driving.
other freind had one, it was nice for two minutes, calmdown for another 3 and he was back to normal (no driving or operationg heavy machinery that time).

not such a big deal - its rare and u can know when ur having one.

a growin original

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Re: Flashbacks [Re: growin]
    #634072 - 05/17/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

ive also had the same situation, after tripping many times of cid in my life. i was driving listening to incubus, and when the song said "anti-gravity" (first cd, summer song, for you with good taste in music ) i felt air around me, and since it was at night, it seemed as if the cars lifted off the ground, but keep going in the same direction. it only lasted for a while, and i was really high, so this might have some cause too. flashbacks, arent like you would see in movies, its more like you start to trip again. i was told, the reason why of cid, is because you bust a crystal in your back, that collects there after you use it for a few times, im not for sure of the science part, i just know what it feels like. its not scary as long as you remind yourself, its a mind-altering drug, that u use, it does not use you, and you know that its just messing with you. that makes me feel alot better.
peace
rain

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
Re: Flashbacks [Re: rain_angel]
    #634074 - 05/17/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

LSD DOES NOT COLLECT IN YOUR BACK! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO MORE RESEARCH!! not trying to be a dick, but that statement is so untrue!

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: fjbk47985]
    #634457 - 05/17/02 12:59 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #635023 - 05/18/02 03:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

From Magic Musrhooms in Australia and New Zealand.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FLASHBACKS
In 1973, Dr. Hall was the Principal Research Officer of the Narcotics Section of the Commonwealth Police Force in Canberra. Dr. Hall had also reported that several drug users had been experiencing recurring `flashbacks' from mushrooms that were similar to `flashbacks' which were associated with LSD consumption.

According to Dr. Karl L. R. Jansen, there is not any firm evidence that mushroom `flashbacks' can occur. Researchers in 1983, have reported that out of 318 specific cases of Psilocybe intoxications occurring in England between l978-l981, 21 patients experienced `flashback phenomena of some form' for up to four months after ingestion", and also mentioned that some of these were the result of drug synergy and polydrug abuse.

"...However, with such a controversial phenomena as `flashbacks', it is necessary to specify precisely what form these do take, so that they may be distinguished from psychological stress reactions wrongly attributed to past drug use." Dr. Hall also pointed out that "if solutions of mushroom extracts were injected intravenously, the results could be very serious." There are no known cases of such injections, and it seems extremely unlikely that anyone would attempt this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

Mj

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Flashbacks [Re: ]
    #635494 - 05/18/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I have been experiencing what I consider to be "flashbacks" for the past couple months. I have never done LSD, but since the start of the year have been doing mushrooms 10x as often (and at larger doses) as I used to.

Happens at least a few times a week that I will get a noticable tracer in an object. It's actually much more distinct than it is when I'm actually on shrooms. It's usually followed by a few minutes of odd, trip-like thought patterns but nothing too severe.

So yeah, if you consider that a flashback then I'd say sure mushrooms can cause them.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: Flashbacks [Re: mjshroomer]
    #636067 - 05/19/02 04:46 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

mmmm shooting up solutions of mushroom extract!
i'm sure that dude wears a tie.
anyone got a recipe?

hey mjshroomer, i know you're a busy lad but how's the shroom field guide for japan coming along?

Offlinegrowin
addict
Re: Flashbacks [Re: ]
    #636172 - 05/19/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

wierd but common.

psychedelics tend to produce some sort of morphe in alot (if not most) people.

when i triped (mescaline) and looked at the celing fan most l of the trip, whenever i looked at the same fan (months later) it moved like when i was trippin (for a long time) i guess u could call it a flashback...
i had the same thing with the sun's reflection in the sea.

it isnt common to transmorph from one feel to onther in an instant, like when i smell rain or wood burning it triggers a specific feel related destinqually to a past feeling i already felt befor. it happens all the time and i dont see how a flashback is diffrent. somthing triggers the feeling of a trip and you get that feeling again.

althuogh all that i think most 'flashbacks reports' are a concenunce of people tripping and thinking it only has effect for 6-12 hours.

a growin original

OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
    #636177 - 05/19/02 07:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I always feel like I've eaten two hits of acid after I smoke _a lot_ of weed. This was never the case before I ate LSD. I've never really had a non-drug induced flashback, it's always after I get really stoned. Sometimes it's great, I can just smoke a blunt to myself and trip for 3 hours; Sometimes it sucks, I'll smoke more than I wanted to and I'll trip when I am not in the mood for a psychedelic.

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Flashbacks [Re: mr crisper]
    #637014 - 05/19/02 09:18 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Give me a few weeks yet. I still have someother onfinished projects to work on including re FTPing my art website which is currently down at this moment.

mj

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

#637082 - 05/20/02 12:31 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hm, small question here...
after I tripped on mescaline for the first time, I'd have for weeks that now or then that smell from peeled san pedro cactus would come back so lifelike. Don't know what triggered it, but every once a few days I could swear I smelled that San Pedro again. The effect diminished after a few weeks untill it was completely gone.

could this be some sort of flashback?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Flashbacks [Re: PsyFlux]
    #637174 - 05/20/02 03:16 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I have had the same thing happen with mushrooms. I was outside in a parking lot and the smell of fresh shrooms seemed to be evrywhere out of nowhere. Lasted for a moment or two and then was gone. This has happened more than once, but not very often.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinegrowin
addict
    #637316 - 05/20/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i had the same thing both with weed and h.

alot of times people seem to have this weed smell coming from nowhere, but thats just because they only smoke weed.
as we did diffrent drugs we smelled them also.

as i said befor - i dont think this phenomonan is restricted to drug usage but a part of a common working mechanism. anybody knows about a research on this mechanism - im sure somone already thought of this.

a growin origianl

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

Re: Flashbacks [Re: growin]
    #637795 - 05/20/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well, it never has been this intense with anything.
sure you can remember smell, but this was like I was smelling it again!
kinda like a hallucination...

Offlinegrowin
addict
    #639987 - 05/22/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i know what ur talking about...
its just somthing that happens...

a growin original

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds