Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebigtee212
Stranger
I doubt theres an answer, but its an interesting experiment...
    #6343168 - 12/07/06 01:21 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

This will be a long post:
Set up: I knocked up 6 jars, they colonized, and just about the time when I was going to fruit them I noticed one had a contam. I now have identified it as Neurospora mold, the purple/red one. I just left it in the 1/2 pint jar for some reason, all sealed, just chillin.

Now I'm reading along today and see that mushrooms spawned from a subsrate with mold isnt harmful, you just always like to get rid of the contam so it doesnt affect others so you normally toss it. So it got me thinking, and when I went to go check on the cake still chillin in the jar to my suprise there was a ton of inch or less shrooms jammed up against the glass.

So, what I did was: Dig out the mold, throw it away, crumbled up the about 50% of the cake with no pinnig, and then broke the other half with shrooms on it into 4 pieces. I filled up a plastic cup with the mixture, with the shroom parts on top.

Now, there wasnt an excat plan to this, yes I probably could of just cut off the mold and used it as a regular cake, but I got careless and ended up with a real smal cake and a lot of crumb. So thats how i decided to dump it into a cup.

Well, I just want to know what I can expect to happen from all this, or any other things youd like to say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedalorean88
power2thelittlepeople
 User Gallery

Re: I doubt theres an answer, but its an interesting experiment... [Re: bigtee212]
    #6343188 - 12/07/06 01:35 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Now Ive had jars that showed a small bit of black mold in them, but I'd remove jar and cut out the moldy parts and some, then crumple and cased with no problems. In your case the jar already fruited. I don't know if the mushies will adapt to the disturbance of growth and continue to grow into the new atmosphere they're in. the current mushies might grow, but I don't know how they'll adapt for reaccuring flushes. sounds interesting. keep us updated.

Offlinesoulsizzle
nobody f**kswith The Jesus

Re: I doubt theres an answer, but its an interesting experiment... [Re: dalorean88]
    #6344558 - 12/07/06 01:06 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

the general rule is that if you aren't a mold expert, then chalk it up as a loss and ditch the jar. a potentially harmful can easily be misidentified and cause some serious problems.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder