Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
How Do I Keep Temperature Optimal ?
    #633886 - 05/17/02 03:13 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone!

I was wondering how i can keep the temperature optimal for Mycelial growth and fruiting?

Thanks alot for any help!

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Loc: Near flint Michgan, USA
Re: How Do I Keep Temperature Optimal ? [Re: Fd3000]
    #633893 - 05/17/02 03:24 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

for my incubation chamber i have a themometer and a aquariun heater in there. every time i check to see how my fun guys are doing i check the temp and either raise or lower the heater acordingly. for fruiting my house temp is usualy optimal.

--------------------
"Those who walk in Love and Truth shall grow in Honor and Strength."

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #633965 - 05/17/02 05:26 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Depends on how much money you want to spend on this part of the setup. My friend just sits his incubation box on a shelf over his stereo receiver (which puts off a generous amount of heat) with an indoor/outdoor therometer placed outside the box so it doesn't have to be opened to check the temperature. The box is wrapped in a blanket to guard against light and sudden temperature changes.
If he had more money to spend on this hobby, my friend would really like to pick up one of those under-tank aquarium heaters and a small thermostat to regulate the temperature automatically.
Interestingly enough, what my friend has found is that if the jars and trays are kept stacked or close together in an insulated box, the growing mycelium puts off enough heat to keep it at a steady 84-88 degrees once it gets past a week or so. He doesn't even keep the stereo on for most of the cycle.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#634030 - 05/17/02 06:36 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Styrofoam ice box = $5
Aquarium heater = $12
Cheap analog reptile thermometer = $5
Jug = free

Your colonized 1/2 pint PF jars done in less than 2 weeks = Priceless.

Sorry. That was stupid.

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: How Do I Keep Temperature Optimal ? [Re: angryshroom]
    #634088 - 05/17/02 07:46 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

nah, you couldve been a marketing guru if that wouldve been an original thought

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#634184 - 05/17/02 08:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

right here for mycellium growth

and for fruiting usually ambient room tempature is fine, although I don't know where you live. If you need to cool it off i guess open a window or turn on a fan, cold packs or something of that nature. If you need to heat it up you can get a small space heater, you can get one of those reptile tank heater (they seem like the would work really well but are kind of expensive), you could put a fishtank heater in a jar of water, or if you're using perlite you could clear a small area or make a divider or something to isolate the heater and keep it submerged. (should heat up the whole tank evenly.) It really depends on ur specific setup, and funds. Just remember as long as there is a will there is a way.

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom