Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineavarrin
family
Male

Loc: chattanooga, tn
The bubble stone. Why?
    #633954 - 05/17/02 05:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

What is the signifigance of the bubble stone? If you have your incoming air filtered @ the pump.

I am using a giant rubbermaid container as the grow chamber. I have a jar of perlite & water to provide humidity. Should I need the bubble stone? Benefits?

~ava

--------------------
* all flames are subject to /dev/null

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleevilone80
eibwen

Re: The bubble stone. Why? [Re: avarrin]
    #633959 - 05/17/02 05:19 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Im a newb so if im wrong im very sorry. but i think that the purpus of the bububble stone is so you dont have to air out your system as much. its for your air exchange. You put it in a thing of water with some h2o2 so it kills all the mold spores you bring through the pump. Again if im wrong im very sorry just trying to help you out.

--------------------
Bad cop no dounut!!

Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Loc: kali-forn-I-A
    #633960 - 05/17/02 05:20 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i'm trying to figure out the same thing. I have a air pump, and someone was telling me to run the hose into the perlite that is drenched in water. i haven't done it yet because i don't know if it's a good idea or not.

--------------------
-m.

I dont even grow these things... I just post for this guy that knows a guy, who's sisters boyfriend dumped about 2 months ago.

OfflineTeRzMaStA
Psilocybin Pimp

#634023 - 05/17/02 06:31 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Some use the bubble stone as a source of humidity. That will only work in a small tank. I used it as my main source of air exchange. If you just run the tube in without the stone in the water ur just putting dry air in your tank. If you put a bubblestone and put it i a jar of water and h202 then it not only adds to the humidity but you can leave it on 24/7 and basically never fan ur tank (depending on your specific setup. I also had an ultrasonic so together I didn't need to fan). Hope this cleared things up for all you newbs. Good luck!

--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Offlinebravar
a.k.a John Doe

Loc: Canada
    #634322 - 05/17/02 10:38 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hey ive also got a rubbermaid setup but my air pump pumps out quite a bit of air.
I put it in a jar of water and it bubbled like crazy so i guess it's got alot of power..
My setup

....would this be a good idea or should i just go with the bubble stone method?..
im pretty sure that their is enough air exchange going on..any responses would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Offlinebravar
a.k.a John Doe

Loc: Canada
    #634324 - 05/17/02 10:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

whoops....here it is my setup

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies