Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleInnominate
Male

Horrible professor, what can I do?
    #6337239 - 12/05/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I have a horrible professor in my College Algebra class. I registered late and the only time available was a flex start class with a professor that has VERY bad reviews on ratemyprofessor.com. I took the class anyway because I wanted to graduate on time and it was the only one available, figuring I would be able to handle it bad professor or not. I was wrong, this professor is worse than bad, he is absolutely horrible to a degree in which I am surprised he has a teaching license. Most of the time we have to teach ourselves and all he is there for is to tell us when we have tests and what to study for. He's done an ok job at that until today. Last week he gave us a "practice chapter 7" worksheet, that's the name of it. He told us that our test next week (today) would be that paper exactly, but the questions would be changed, and the concept would stay the same. We spent the whole class going over that one worksheet, even though none of us knew what he was talking about, and I'm sure he didn't either because most of the time he doesn't. I studied that work sheet top to bottom and I can do ANY of the problems on that sheet with 100% accuracy. I thought I was ready to go for the test. Class rolls around today and we are given the test. A girl asks "professor can you do a practice problem on the board?" he responds with a rude "no" and tells everyone to take everything off of their desks except for our notes. All our notes have in them are the properties of the Logarithms.
NOTHING , not a single thing that he taught was on that test, NOTHING from the worksheet was on the test. A girl finished about 10 minutes into the test and asked him "I thought the test was on the worksheet you gave us". Pappas responded with "No, that was only one part of it, good day to you". What kind of professor says that? One who knows he is in the wrong. What kind of professor cannot teach his students, cannot create logical tests (some of the questions on this test and previous tests have been BAD questions, as in the answers were wrong or you couldn't even DO them)? How does someone like him even get HIRED to be a professor? I've had elementary school teachers preform better than he has, and because of it I'm going to fail college algebra and my GPA is going to DROP. I'm an honors student, it's just plain unacceptable. If someone would actually do an investigation they will find that his tests are badly worded, and some of the problems don't even make sense or have bad answers. If you talk to the students they will ALL tell you how horrible of a teacher he is. And if you check his papers and grades you will find that he gives students BETTER grades than they get on the tests in order to keep them happy. I failed my first test, I know it for a fact, yet when I asked for my grade it showed a 70% C. In his syllabus it says that NONE of his students get below a C in his classes. I CAN'T afford to get a C in that class, it will ruin me.

What are my options? I'm considering writing to the dean, but I don't know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Horrible professor, what can I do? [Re: Innominate]
    #6337260 - 12/05/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Find a professor of ENGLISH.

the end.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #6337262 - 12/05/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Talk with your advisor.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Horrible professor, what can I do? [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #6337264 - 12/05/06 04:55 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gr8fulJ420 said:
Talk with your advisor.

Yeah, that's step 2.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Horrible professor, what can I do? [Re: unbeliever]
    #6337296 - 12/05/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

fuck your advisor, talk to the dept head.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #6337322 - 12/05/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

he must be destroyed

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Horrible professor, what can I do? [Re: unbeliever]
    #6337543 - 12/05/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

unbeliever said:
Find a professor of ENGLISH.

the end.

first step for sure

drop the class and or write a complaint about him, all you can do

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleInnominate
Male

Re: Horrible professor, what can I do? [Re: barfightlard]
    #6337623 - 12/05/06 06:22 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I wrote that in like 3 minutes, try not to assume things based on a single post.

I've e-mailed a few of the college higher ups and hope to get a response soon. At the very least I want this guy to be fired. There's no excuse as to why he should be teaching. If I had a video camera I would record just one class so you all could see what I mean. It's hard to imagine a college level professor being that horrible, but he is.

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

#6337665 - 12/05/06 06:29 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Go to the department head. It would be a stronger case if you could get many people from the class to go file a complaint. Maybe write a letter to the editor for your school newspaper in hope to get some attention to his shitty teaching skills.

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Horrible professor, what can I do? [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #6337723 - 12/05/06 06:42 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
he must be destroyed

the voices always know what's best

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#6338288 - 12/05/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

wank in class

--------------------

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #6338310 - 12/05/06 09:03 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

after being in college a while you will learn to talk to people and find out which professors to avoid and which are the good ones..just talk to people and find out. Getting a professor who is a foreigner and you can't understand is the worst. That seems to be a common error among college folk.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#6338457 - 12/05/06 09:33 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

The Professor probably has tenure. If not, getting him fired is still damn unlikely - unless he tried to grab your groin or something. Just withdraw from the class so you don't end up failing it.

Offlinezoombie
strangler

#6338939 - 12/05/06 11:19 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

just suck it up and stop whining?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom