Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Clarity
    #6332240 - 12/04/06 10:01 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

There was a time of great confusion, and controversy over what was and was not true in the real sense of the word. And also over the sense of this word, truth, were there mucho dispute. In the biblo de-la linguo, trusted upon and agreed upon through the entire world it was written:

Quote:

truth /truθ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[trooth] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,   
–noun, plural truths /truðz, truθs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[troothz, trooths] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation.
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
8. (often initial capital letter) ideal or fundamental reality apart from and transcending perceived experience: the basic truths of life.
9. agreement with a standard or original.
10. accuracy, as of position or adjustment.
11. Archaic. fidelity or constancy.
—Idiom
12. in truth, in reality; in fact; actually: In truth, moral decay hastened the decline of the Roman Empire.
[Origin: bef. 900; ME treuthe, OE tréowth (c. ON tryggth faith). See true, -th1]

—Related forms
truthless, adjective
truth·less·ness, noun

—Synonyms 1. fact. 2. veracity. 7. sincerity, candor, frankness. 10. precision, exactness.
—Antonyms 1. falsehood. 2, 4, 7. falsity.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Thats the definition of truth. I could have served you the dish of the definition of fact as well, but I don't want to make this fractal imaginary delusio...I mean story too big...

In this little story we are to delve into, someone once came across this- in an ancient book noone knew who had written- if he meant to be mean or just meant well, who knows, nevertheless this is what he found:

Quote:

mean1 /min/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[meen] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, meant, mean·ing.   
–verb (used with object)
1. to have in mind as one's purpose or intention; intend: I meant to compliment you on your work.
2. to intend for a particular purpose, destination, etc.: They were meant for each other.
3. to intend to express or indicate: What do you mean by “liberal”?
4. to have as its sense or signification; signify: The word “freedom” means many things to many people.
5. to bring, cause, or produce as a result: This bonus means that we can take a trip to Florida.
6. to have (certain intentions) toward a person: He didn't mean you any harm.
7. to have the value of; assume the importance of: Money means everything to them. She means the world to him.
–verb (used without object)
8. to be minded or disposed; have intentions: Beware, she means ill, despite her solicitous manner.
—Idiom
9. mean well, to have good intentions; try to be kind or helpful: Her constant queries about your health must be tiresome, but I'm sure she means well.
[Origin: bef. 900; ME menen, OE mǣnan; c. G meinen, D meenen]

—Synonyms 1. contemplate. See intend. 2. destine, foreordain. 4. denote, indicate; import, imply, connote.

now shall we go on in our little history, we shall come to explain that once there was a man looking for the truth about definition, or rather a truthful definition of definition. Or what you shall self choose to have it be called. (Look, the point is he didnt know shit, so he wondered where all this shit came from ok? Pay attention now, please) When, he, this man of great intuitive thought and passion for his unbeknownst truth looked into the great language database whereat all known knowledge about meaning was stored, he found this:

Quote:

def·i·ni·tion /ˌdɛfəˈnɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[def-uh-nish-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation   
–noun
1. the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.
2. the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, etc.
3. the condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined.
4. Optics. sharpness of the image formed by an optical system.
5. Radio and Television. the accuracy of sound or picture reproduction.
[Origin: 1350–1400; ME diffinicioun < OF diffinition < L défīnītiōn- (s. of défīnītiō), equiv. to défīnīt(us) (see definite) + -iōn- -ion]

—Related forms
def·i·ni·tion·al, adjective
def·i·ni·tion·al·ly, adverb
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
def·i·ni·tion  (děf'ə-nĭsh'ən)  Pronunciation Key   
n. 

1. A statement conveying fundamental character.
        2. A statement of the meaning of a word, phrase, or term, as in a dictionary entry.
        3. The act of making clear and distinct: a definition of one's intentions.
        4. The state of being closely outlined or determined: "With the drizzle, the trees in the little clearing had lost definition" (Anthony Hyde).
        5. A determination of outline, extent, or limits: the definition of a President's authority.
        6. The clarity of detail in an optically produced image, such as a photograph, effected by a combination of resolution and contrast.
        7. The degree of clarity with which a televised image or broadcast signal is received.
  2. The act or process of stating a precise meaning or significance; formulation of a meaning.
        1. The act of making clear and distinct: a definition of one's intentions.
        2. The state of being closely outlined or determined: "With the drizzle, the trees in the little clearing had lost definition" (Anthony Hyde).
        3. A determination of outline, extent, or limits: the definition of a President's authority.
        4. The clarity of detail in an optically produced image, such as a photograph, effected by a combination of resolution and contrast.
        5. The degree of clarity with which a televised image or broadcast signal is received.
        1. The clarity of detail in an optically produced image, such as a photograph, effected by a combination of resolution and contrast.
        2. The degree of clarity with which a televised image or broadcast signal is received.

[Middle English diffinicioun, from Old French definition, from Latin dēfīnītiō, dēfīnītiōn-, from dēfīnītus, past participle of dēfīnīre, to define; see define.]

def'i·ni'tion·al adj.

If this isn't clear to you all, I guess its worth to mention:
These references are from the holy page http://dictionary.reference.com/ if you did not allready know this. So these are definition that refers to the startling quest, or question, of what is truth, which so many tribes have fought over, and so many lives has gone lost for and sacrificed themselves for, for oh so many eons. I have not changed, or repeated a single word of what is written, I mainly copy and try to direct your focus.

Once throughout these hereofspoken eons someone came along and wondered:
How do you refer something to something else, and how is it possible to find an end or conclusion in such matters, when asked is answered, only more questions arise?

Quote:

ref·er·ence /ˈrɛfərəns, ˈrɛfrəns/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ref-er-uhns, ref-ruhns] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -enced, -enc·ing.   
–noun
1. an act or instance of referring.
2. a mention; allusion.
3. something for which a name or designation stands; denotation.
4. a direction in a book or writing to some other book, passage, etc.
5. a book, passage, etc., to which one is directed.
6. reference mark (def. 2).
7. material contained in a footnote or bibliography, or referred to by a reference mark.
8. use or recourse for purposes of information: a library for public reference.
9. a person to whom one refers for testimony as to one's character, abilities, etc.
10. a statement, usually written, as to a person's character, abilities, etc.
11. relation, regard, or respect: all persons, without reference to age.
–verb (used with object)
12. to furnish (a book, dissertation, etc.) with references: Each new volume is thoroughly referenced.
13. to arrange (notes, data, etc.) for easy reference: Statistical data is referenced in the glossary.
14. to refer to: to reference a file.
[Origin: 1580–90; refer + -ence]

—Synonyms 4. note, citation. 10. endorsement. 11. consideration, concern.

So truth, is defined and a definition refers to something which is becoming clear to us now.

Quote:

[gradient:#CC66FF,#669900]
clear /klɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kleer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est, adverb, -er, -est, verb, noun   
–adjective
1. free from darkness, obscurity, or cloudiness; light: a clear day.
2. transparent; pellucid: clear water.
3. without discoloration, defect, or blemish: a clear complexion; a clear pane of glass.
4. of a pure, even color: a clear yellow.
5. easily seen; sharply defined: a clear outline.
6. distinctly perceptible to the ear; easily heard: a clear sound.
7. free from hoarse, harsh, or rasping qualities: a clear voice; clear as a bell.
8. easily understood; without ambiguity: clear, concise answers.
9. entirely comprehensible; completely understood: The ultimate causes of inflation may never be clear.
10. distinct; evident; plain: a clear case of misbehavior.
11. free from confusion, uncertainty, or doubt: clear thinking.
12. perceiving or discerning distinctly: a clear mind.
13. convinced; certain: He was not clear on the first point that she made but agreed with the others.
14. free from anything that would disturb or blame: a clear conscience.
15. free from suspicion of guilt or complicity: She was entirely clear of the crime until one of her accomplices turned informer.
16. serene; calm; untroubled: a clear brow.
17. free from obstructions or obstacles; open: a clear view; a clear path.
18. free from entanglement or contact: He kept clear of her after the argument. She managed to keep her dress clear of the mud.
19. without limitation or qualification; absolute: a clear victory.
20. free from obligation, liability, or debt: After twenty years, our house is clear of the mortgage. Municipal bonds were returning as much as 9 percent, clear of taxes.
21. without deduction or diminution: a clear $1000 after taxes.
22. freed or emptied of contents, cargo, etc.
23. (of tree trunks or timber) free from branches, knots, or other protruding or rough parts: The trunk was clear for 20 feet above the ground.
24. Phonetics.
a. (of an l-sound) having front-vowel resonance; situated before a vowel in the same syllable. Compare dark (def. 16a).
b. (of a speech sound) produced without frication or aspiration.
25. (in cryptography) not coded or enciphered. Compare plaintext.
26. bright; shining: a clear flame.
27. Obsolete. illustrious.

–adverb
28. in a clear or distinct manner; clearly.
29. so as not to be in contact with or near; away (often fol. by of): Stand clear of the closing doors.
30. entirely; completely; clean: to cut a piece clear off; to climb clear to the top; to run clear off the road.
–verb (used with object)
31. to remove people or objects from (usually fol. by of): to clear a courtroom of photographers; to clear the table of dishes.
32. to remove (people or objects) (usually fol. by from): to clear the photographers from the courtroom; to clear the dishes from the table.
33. to make clear, transparent, or pellucid; free from cloudiness or impurities: to clear a liquid by means of a filter.
34. to make free of confusion, doubt, or uncertainty: He spoke to his supervisor to clear his mind about their working relationship.
35. to make understandable or lucid; free from ambiguity or obscurity: She rephrased the report in order to clear the essential points.
36. to make (a path, road, etc.) by removing any obstruction: He had to cut away the underbrush to clear a path.
37. to eat all the food on: to clear one's plate.
38. to relieve (the throat) of some obstruction, as phlegm, by forcing air through the larynx, usually producing a rasping sound.
39. to make a similar rasping noise in (the throat), as to express disapproval or to attract attention.
40. to remove from (the brow) any traces of tension or anxiety, as folds or wrinkles.
41. to free of anything defamatory or discrediting: to clear one's name.
42. to free from suspicion, accusation, or imputation of guilt; prove or declare innocent: The jury cleared the defendant of the charge.
43. to remove instructions or data from (a computer, calculator, etc.).
44. to pass by or over without contact or entanglement: The ship cleared the reef. The fisherman cleared his line.
45. to pass through or away from: The ship cleared the harbor. The bill cleared the Senate.
46. to pass (checks or other commercial paper) through a clearinghouse.
47. (of mail, telephone calls, etc.) to process, handle, reroute, etc.: The dispatcher clears hundreds of items each day.
48. to free from debt: Just a few dollars more would clear him. The widow had to borrow money to clear her husband's estate.
49. to gain as clear profit: to clear $1000 in a transaction.
50. to pay (a debt) in full.
51. to receive authorization before taking action on: You'll have to clear your plan with headquarters.
52. to give clearance to; authorize: The chairperson has to clear our speeches before the meeting.
53. to authorize (a person, agency, etc.) to use classified information, documents, etc.: He has finally been cleared for highly classified information.
54. to remove trees, buildings, or other obstructions from (land), as for farming or construction.
55. to free (a ship, cargo, etc.) from legal detention at a port by satisfying customs and other requirements.
56. to try or otherwise dispose of (the cases awaiting court action): to clear the docket.
57. (of a commodity) to buy up or sell out the existing supply of.
58. Skin Diving. to drain or expel unwanted water in: to clear a snorkel by sharp exhalations; to clear a regulator and face mask while underwater.
59. Bridge. to establish one or more winning cards in (a given suit) by leading the suit until all the outstanding cards have been drawn: He cleared the heart suit before attacking spades.
–verb (used without object)
60. to become clear.
61. to exchange checks and bills, and settle balances, as in a clearinghouse.
62. to become free from doubt, anxiety, misunderstanding, etc.: His mind cleared when he heard the truth.
63. to pass an authority for review, approval, etc.: The bill must clear through the assembly before it becomes legal.
64. to remove dishes, food, etc., from a table following a meal: Is it my turn to clear?
65. to remove previously inserted instructions or data from a computer, calculator, typewriter, or the like.
66. Nautical.
a. to comply with customs and other requirements legally imposed on entering or leaving a port (often fol. by in or out).
b. to leave port after having complied with such requirements.
67. (of a commodity for sale) to sell out; become bought out: Wheat cleared rapidly.
–noun
68. a clear or unobstructed space.
69. plaintext.
70. a piece of clear lumber.
—Verb phrases
71. clear away or off,
a. to remove in order to make room.
b. to leave; escape: We were warned to clear off before the floods came.
c. to disappear; vanish: When the smoke cleared away, we saw that the house was in ruins.
72. clear out,
a. to remove the contents of: Clear out the closet.
b. to remove; take away: Clear out your clothes from the closet.
c. to go away, esp. quickly or abruptly.
d. to drive or force out: The police cleared out the pickets by force.
73. clear up,
a. to make clear; explain; solve.
b. to put in order; tidy up.
c. to become better or brighter, as the weather.
—Idiom
74. in the clear,
a. absolved of blame or guilt; free: He was suspected of the theft, but evidence put him in the clear.
b. en clair.

[Origin: 1250–1300; ME clere < AF, OF cler < L clārus]

—Related forms
clear·a·ble, adjective
clearness, noun

—Synonyms 1. fair, cloudless, sunny. 2. translucent, limpid, crystalline, diaphanous. 3. See clean. 8. intelligible, comprehensible, lucid, plain, perspicuous. 10. obvious, manifest, apparent, unmistakable. 17. unimpeded, unobstructed. 18. unhampered, unencumbered. 33. clarify, purify, refine. 42. exonerate, absolve, vindicate, excuse.
—Antonyms 1. cloudy, dark. 8, 10. obscure. 13. uncertain.
[qoute]

Getting clearer? :lame: :opensign: :drama: .............................................

:badidea:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Clarity [Re: slaphappy]
    #6332245 - 12/04/06 10:05 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

That post reads like a dictionary, and we all know how exciting dictionaries are. :smirk:

:levitate:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Re: Clarity [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6332282 - 12/04/06 10:35 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
That post reads like a dictionary, and we all know how exciting dictionaries are. :smirk:

Very observant of you to clarify that to us "all".

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6332284 - 12/04/06 10:37 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

The word = The same word.

Example.

Spade = spade.

Truth = truth.

Definition = definition.

All else is subjective.

That 'that is that', is objective.

So... An r, is an r.. A p is a p, but why?

And as we make sense of that, even that is subjective.

The letter I, and the letter A, is however also words...

And I will end this blabbering, right here!

Context is for the rich (hu-)man!

..oh wait, I'll end it right HERE!

:wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6332297 - 12/04/06 10:46 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

It is why I'm here. :wink:

Reality is defined by reality. The only way we can learn the meaning of the words we utilize to represent reality is to be reality. The words themselves simply define each other in a circular manner. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

#6332319 - 12/04/06 11:02 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

So why do some posts get closed or moved because you claim they do not have spiritual content when you clearly define: "The only way we can learn the meaning of the words we utilize to represent reality is to be reality. The words themselves simply define each other in a circular manner."

Are you
a) The only reality around.
b) Hypocritical.
c) Both?
d) Playing a game?

:crazy2:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6332349 - 12/04/06 11:34 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Firstly, its a trick question, as I have never moved a thread for not having "spiritual content", or, at the very least, the threads that you are likely referring to. Threads that may have some spiritual context or subtle spiritual implications but that are not specifically orientated for the type of discussion that P&S is established to facillitate are subject to being transported to the forum on this website that also pertains to spiritual content but a different manner of expression.

With that clarification, my answer would be D) Playing a game. This is a game; this is a role that I have assumed. Nearly five years has this forum weathered my face, and I have witnessed the events preceding the forum split, the forum split itself, and the aftermath. P&S will not be all-encompassing for valid reasons.

If one were to question anything, it would be the judgement call of whether or not a topic is orientated for open discussion, congruent with the manner of discussion typical of P&S. Fortunately, it is much less difficult to discern whether a post is orientated for open discussion or not than to determine if a post contains spiritual content. :smirk:

P&S is not all-encompassing. Within the range of topics suitable for this forum, there is also the question of the discussion - the manner in which one expresses themselves, the idea that is being proposed, how it is proposed, if the intended course for discussion is reasonably clear, etc. etc. etc. The distinction between P&S and MRP that is outlined in the forum rules and forum descriptions for both offer some insight into the matter.

MRP is great if one wishes to focus more on artistically expressing oneself by playing with words or creating a story that contains within it metaphors and spiritual ideas. P&S is great for taking an idea or concept that one is contemplating, and then effectively representing it in a clear, direct manner in order to exchange perspective and further ideas with others who are interested in the process. It is a natural distinction that resembles the history of these forums, the context each forum is placed within by the description and the rules, and the manner in which most individuals approach posting in each forum.

If there is a specific opportunity with a decision that one wishes to discuss, then feel free to contact myself or another member of the staff. I have no problem with discussing general approach and perspective in this forum, as long as the discussion remains productive and critically constructive.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Re: Clarity [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6332353 - 12/04/06 11:37 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Firstly, its a trick question, as I have never moved a thread for not having "spiritual content", or, at the very least, the threads that you are likely referring to. Threads that may have some spiritual context or subtle spiritual implications but that are not specifically orientated for the type of discussion that P&S is established to facillitate are subject to being transported to the forum on this website that also pertains to spiritual content but a different manner of expression.

With that clarification, my answer would be D) Playing a game. This is a game; this is a role that I have assumed. Nearly five years has this forum weathered my face, and I have witnessed the events preceding the forum split, the forum split itself, and the aftermath. P&S will not be all-encompassing for valid reasons.

If one were to question anything, it would be the judgement call of whether or not a topic is orientated for open discussion, congruent with the manner of discussion typical of P&S. Fortunately, it is much less difficult to discern whether a post is orientated for open discussion or not than to determine if a post contains spiritual content. :smirk:

P&S is not all-encompassing. Within the range of topics suitable for this forum, there is also the question of the discussion - the manner in which one expresses themselves, the idea that is being proposed, how it is proposed, if the intended course for discussion is reasonably clear, etc. etc. etc. The distinction between P&S and MRP that is outlined in the forum rules and forum descriptions for both offer some insight into the matter.

MRP is great if one wishes to focus more on artistically expressing oneself by playing with words or creating a story that contains within it metaphors and spiritual ideas. P&S is great for taking an idea or concept that one is contemplating, and then effectively representing it in a clear, direct manner in order to exchange perspective and further ideas with others who are interested in the process. It is a natural distinction that resembles the history of these forums, the context each forum is placed within by the description and the rules, and the manner in which most individuals approach posting in each forum.

If there is a specific opportunity with a decision that one wishes to discuss, then feel free to contact myself or another member of the staff. I have no problem with discussing general approach and perspective in this forum, as long as the discussion remains productive and critically constructive.

This post should be deleted for not having any content or context what so ever.  :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6332358 - 12/04/06 11:39 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

:smirk:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6332368 - 12/04/06 11:42 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Hey, my friend, you are the individual who took the opportunity to address decisions I have made in a thread that had nothing to do with my decisions. I was interested in discussing the matter, yet you do not seem to share that interest.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6332370 - 12/04/06 11:43 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
This thread is off-topic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder