Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Loc: North-East
1st trip - great experience!
    #6329478 - 12/03/06 04:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am in my forties and I'm married to a Dead-head who tripped about 100 times from the age of 14-19 all on L.S.D.. He tried cocaine but didn't like it and he also tried snorting speed which he liked a lot but didn't do more than a couple of times because his source dried up and just didn't bother finding another. Just as well from my perspective. I had only done a small amount of drugs compared to him.  I had smoked pot a bunch of times, only once dropped acid which was nice but not nearly as intense as my husband described to me ie: no trails or moving visuals. I had a mild experience with mushrooms once which was so mild that I'm not counting it as a trip.

We met when he was 24 and we were both clean as a whistle. He got it in his head to grow his own mushrooms after 22 years of marriage. I had given him the idea when I described the one mushroom experience I had. I said it was very pleasant with sounds and sights nicely enhanced. I told him how it wasn't the land of munchies like with pot and wasn't as long an investment of time as with acid, two positive points for busy working class people who don't want to add to the middle-age spread! :smile:

Now we're in the typical "Sorry dear you gotta move your clothes out of the closet" situation. This site helped a lot to get the growing right. It also helped to get my dose right and to understand what we would experience beforehand by reading trip reports. We knew that if after a 1/2 hour you don't feel anything yet it doesn't mean you should go take a bunch more.

my trip happened in October. I wrote down the whole experience from memory the next day and I'm writing this from that record. I took one mushroom, felt nothing, took another and felt a little something and finally my overly-cautious husband, who also volunteered to be my straight facilitator (I recommend doing it that way), gave me one more and a chaser of lemon juice. Who originally discovered the lemon juice thing? Well, thank you whoever you are 'cause that did the trick! In the end I had taken one gram total. I'm 5'5" & weigh 138 lbs. At the beginning I looked in the mirror and saw what looked like a snap shot meaning that I saw a freeze of the picture then a resuming of movement. That happened a couple of times and I didn't freak out over it because I'd read trip reports that described time alterations. The light shining on my face gave me a haunting look so I just moved causing the light to fall differently and everything looked fine.

I ended up experiencing a body high with closed eyes visuals of non-colorful various hews of grey graphic/grid type patterns that moved in a spiral upwards according to the speed and intensity of the music I heard. My husband had selected a recording of an excellent Grateful Dead show (NY '69) and I fell in love with the song _The Eleven_. I'd heard the Dead before but MAN was it different under the influence! My husband said the next day that he'd realized that my trip was finally in progress when I looked at him and said emphatically: "They knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote this...every note!".

I stood with my eyes closed and felt it take me up and up. I only wanted positive happy music at that point and it was just right. It's very "up". I swayed and moved my arms in the way I'd seen pictures of women at concerts doing and now I know why. When the song stopped so did the visuals and I felt a strong need to hear it again. After playing it for me about three more times my husband tried to put on something else but I didn't let him. I felt like it was connected to my very inner being!

I insisted as my rights as S.W.M.B.O., pronounced 'swimbo' standing for She Who Must Be Obeyed  :wink: to get him to play it again. I'm careful to choose wisely when to invoke those rights to make sure they're taken seriously when I do. I'm glad because he believed me. I grasped the C.D. player in both hands and felt so intense that my jaw and upper torso felt like it was vibrating with the music. In the middle of the song I felt the need to take an intake if air and did so causing me to realize that I'd been holding my breath! The things we take for granted eh? :smile:

I guessed why they called it _The Eleven_ because I must have heard it about 11 times before I let my husband play anything else! I kept saying about _The Eleven_  "This is IT for me!" and "Now I know why some people do hard drugs, I just want to main-line this song directly into my veins!". I can compare the intense build up to that of the build up of a long multiple orgasm. Nice. :smile: He finally got me to lie down and he played more Dead and some nice acoustic harmonious Dylan singing some of the songs with Emmy Lou Harris.

My husband had said to lie down and look at the ceiling which I did and I'm so glad I did! I lifted my hand, moved it and finally after hearing it described in the past, and feeling jealous that I'd never seen it, I saw trails! Happy trails to you! I was so happy! I said "I think I have, like, about 11 fingers on one hand!

I said the music was profound and my husband said: "Isn't profundity profound?". I laughed pointed at him and said: "You're trying to freak me out". We laughed together and I was fine. At one point my husband left the room but asked first if I was okay with that. I said yes but waited for his return only feeling relaxed and protected again with him there. I asked for a tissue (because my nose runs when I cry/laugh hard) and he got it for me. I was so grateful to him for giving it to me that I began to focus on how grateful I was that he'd given me the whole experience and I found that very moving. I felt an enhanced connection to him even though I was the only one tripping. I felt love for him and God both for wanting only my good. I felt grateful to the Creator for giving me my husband as a partner in life and I still feel a certain new level of appreciation of him now. I started out believing in a singular creator before the trip so I wasn't left with the feeling afterwards of wondering if the truth I felt during the trip about God was real or not. As far as I'm concerned it's so real I can feel it when I'm not tripping too which is very nice.

The only thing I have to compare the physical feeling I had, which was all in my upper torso shoulders and neck, was that intensity I felt during labour. Sorry guys and young ladies if you can't relate. It was intense and came in waves. I felt like I had some goal I was building up to. When I felt like the intensity was overwhelming I "let go" and let it wash over me and not drown me. That helped a lot. That's what you have to do with labour too so I guess my pre-natal classes paid off in another way. I even did some of the breathing techniques to ride the wave of intensity. I can say I "gave birth" to my first real mushroom experience! :smile:

When I heard St. Steven it was WOW!!! AWESOME is the word! I never "got" the point of that song before. My husband smiled and said "Now you know". I knew with every fiber of my being! It's not the (meaningless) lyrics, it's the music! It was as if it was the 1st time I was hearing it. Listening to a recording of my husband playing acoustic guitar was very pleasant too. I called it "sweet" at the time.

In one song Garcia sings: "To lay me down, once more". I asked if once more meant only once more like to die. I wasn't feeling morbid, just curious saying it had to be only once more since he's dead. My husband said that he really is dead and not the messiah. We laughed then he added "He's not the messiah but maybe he's his brother". We both laughed so hard at that that I thought he'd taken some mushrooms and caught up with me. We still laugh about that one. I hope any Dead heads reading this enjoy that one. :smile:

When _Bird Song_ started I got up and swayed again. It must have been the peak because when I was standing I felt that the floor was on a bit of a slant angled from down to up on either side of me with my feet resting of the slants. I let myself enjoy that knowing it was part of the trip and not real. I also felt that the night gown I was wearing was attached to the floor and I knew that it would bother me to think it really was so I made myself move and went back to lie down. I smiled knowing I'd shown myself that it wasn't so and everything was okay. I saw the world as balanced and beautiful! 

This all took place in the bedroom. I'm glad we have a bathroom off the bedroom because I experienced the effect of needing to urinate more often than usual. We'd read about that so I made sure to drink water to counter balance that 'cause I didn't want to feel hung over the next day. BTW, All hangovers with their headaches/nausea are caused by dehydration so we advise others to always follow drinking alcohol with water. I didn't drink alcohol during the trip, only water. The water looked great! I watched the very cool basic beautiful movement as I drank it with light shining through the clear bottle. I felt nauseous at one point but not strongly. It passed and I didn't actually throw up. I feel nauseous during labour and also whenever I knock my knee against anything too hard. I asked an anesthesiologist why and he said it's your nervous system incorrectly reading the intensity of pain as nausea. Could that be the case of mushrooms too? The intensity is almost painful in it's strength.

My husband worded whatever he said to me carefully not to freak me out, good guy that he is. If I asked if something I was experiencing that was freaky was normal he'd answer calmly: "Oh yes, normal, normal" When the situation called for it he said: "You're safe" and I relaxed with a smile. At one point I did more than smile. When I found something we we talking about funny I burst out laughing. I knew what I was laughing at wasn't that tremendously funny and it made me want to hold it back in front of someone who wasn't tripping but I also knew that I wouldn't be thought of as strange by someone who'd experienced the same a different time so I just let it go and I laughed so hard tears came down. At another point I cried from feeling moved during _Bird Song_ but it was a cleansing cry not a sad one.

I found a plastic wrapper and crunched it next to my ear and enjoyed both the texture and sound. I showed it to my husband and said very seriously "I found this and I know the music that's playing was made to go with it". He said "Just for that" in a non judgmental way. I looked at the wrapper and saw the words printed on it and realized that it wasn't natural but man-made so I laughed at myself and threw it away.

The song _Uncle John's Band_ has some acapella in it which is something I enjoy from any group. Part of me felt that even though it had been recorded back then, somehow it was meant on some level "just" for me to experience right when I was doing so as well as "just" for *any other person who ever enjoyed it and will yet enjoy it. During a mild trip you can be both more self-centered as all trips make you while keeping your perspective of where you are in the *bigger picture. I knew I wasn't the center of the universe or God like my husband has felt while tripping. I was so glad to finally understand what he'd experienced in his younger years which is a factor in the picture of who he his now.

The whole experience took about 3 1/2 hours. At one point my husband said "I guess you'll be coming down soon". I smiled and responded: "I won't come down and you can't make me" and laughed.

Eventually I fell asleep and never became aware of that "I'm down now" feeling like during our other "little trips" we've had since then when I felt the high shut off all at once. Sex was greatly enhanced during those little trips during which we're both under the influence. The feeling becomes more "detailed" like how ones fingertips receive stimulus. For sex the recipe is: "less is more". We don't even try sex during the biggies. Instead I let him be more introspective and lie quietly living the trip/visuals w/o interference unless he asks for something which is usually a glass of water or a change of a C.D.. I know I'll gain in our relationship after he's down just from having been there for him.  :heart: We take hard trips one at a time to be of maximum help to the other. Does that count as separate vacations? :smile:

The next day I didn't feel hung over or wiped out even though I only got 5 hours sleep. I felt fine. I felt that it was good to be alive. We make sure not to trip when we have to be at work the next day. All tastes, sounds and sights were more enhanced the next day. I could see slight trails when I looked for them. Every time I hear _The Eleven_ since then I remember why I enjoyed it so much at the time of the trip and hear it differently because of it.

All in all it was fun and intense and I'm so glad I did it. We have more dried and waiting. Yeah... :smile:
Have any of you found this lemon juice kicker helpful too?

--------------------

My inner child runs with scissors but plays nicely with others!

Sometimes the light's all shine'in on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me,
What a looong strange trip it's been! ~ Truck'in

Edited by MyInnerChild (12/03/06 11:18 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: 1st trip - great experience! [Re: MyInnerChild]
    #6334478 - 12/04/06 11:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

whoa, you wrote for days.

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: 1st trip - great experience! [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #6334491 - 12/04/06 11:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Great report! I love the dead and feel the same about
there music when I eat mushrooms. And yes, lemon juice
makes me trip WAY harder.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: 1st trip - great experience! [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #6334558 - 12/04/06 11:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Climb every mountain...till you find your dream! (Sound of Music)

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

OfflineMyInnerChild
EveryMum
Female

Re: 1st trip - great experience! [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #6334564 - 12/04/06 11:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

We're kindred spirits...and share the same hobby. :smile:

--------------------

Lately it occurs to me,

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Grateful Dead

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports