Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
picked some frozen cyans...concerns
    #6319514 - 11/29/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, finally i actually had some daylight time to hit up my patches befor the cyans completely froze out and died. i picked a very decent amount and they were all under snow. i had to swipe the snow away from the top so i could get to the cyans underneath so the cyans were pretty much frozen, and some aparent bluing. also, a good amount of them had snow and ice attached to the cyans, mainly their caps.

i finished picking and brought them back home. put them on some news paper to melt the snow and ice away, and then i left to the gym to go lift and play some ball. i came back around 3-4 hours later. i turned on the light in my garage, and ALL the cyans were very very blue! pretty much all the caps were completely blue. it def. looked cool but it was a little odd to me. :confused:

i've always heard that when cyans blue to that extremem of a measure, then they arent as potent, or in other words, they pretty much lose ALOT of they're potency. i figure they blued so intensly because they were frozen when i picked them(not to mention it hit a low 19 degrees last night). But ne way, im thinking that the cyans are pretty much...not potent enough to trip with any more. i have a few questions.

if you pick frozen cyans, and thaw them out and then dry them are they still good to trip with?

if the cyans blue very very intensly, almost to the point the whole cap is strait blue, does that means its lost a fair amount of its potency??
and the last one is, Strait up, when a mushroom blues because of its activeness, is this a sign of oxidation of the psilocybin or is this just a myth

btw- i can post pictures if you guys would like, but its sort of a hassle for me, and again, i have no camera, i only have a web cam so the qaulity will be bad. ill post them only upon request.

please answer my questions tho, id really appreciate it.

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #6319750 - 11/29/06 09:45 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't worry too much about potency loss. I really think that the whole thing of them loosing potency due to high bluing is an old wifes tale.

I remember seeing some pictures of some frozen cyans before... I think its a normal occurance for this to happen.

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: angryshroom]
    #6319957 - 11/29/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

why don't you eat some and tell us what YOU think.

--------------------
Echoes

InvisibleNWuser
journeyman
Loc: Rainy Pacific Northwest
Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: angryshroom]
    #6320225 - 11/30/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

angryshroom said:
I wouldn't worry too much about potency loss. I really think that the whole thing of them loosing potency due to high bluing is an old wifes tale.

Actually, the oxidation of Psilocin has a direct affect on its concentration.  Once oxidation occurs, Psilocin becomes an innactive alkaloid.  The good news is that psilocybin does not oxidize by contact, so psilocybin concentration remains the same after trauma such as handling or freeze/rain. 

Good news is that cyanescens tend to have higher concentrations of Psilocybin than Psilocin, so even a very traumatized shroom will have at least half of its potency remaining.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Anxious for the rainy season....

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: NWuser]
    #6320980 - 11/30/06 10:13 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

that is great news NWuser, made my day better!

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #6321214 - 11/30/06 11:34 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yes i used to pick pan subb popsicles on my way to class back in the day, and they were fine as far as potency. also ive eaten many batches that were so blue u would swear they were smurfs and not mushrooms, with very little noticeable loss in potency.

it does however kill the psilocin like NW said, and imo thats a colorful thing to keep. you ate fresh cyans, u know those colors im talking about :wink:

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6321917 - 11/30/06 04:02 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

where is the evidence of psilocin becoming inactive???

"-4-Acetylpsilocin or 4-acetoxy-N,N-dimethyl-tryptamine (4-AcO-DMT) is a psychedelic (hallucinogenic). It is the acetylated form of the psychedelic mushroom alkaloid psilocin, and is a lower homologue of 4-Acetoxy-DET and 4-Acetoxy-DIPT. It may also be considered an analogue of psilocin and DMT, which are Schedule 1 Drugs under the Controlled Substances Act of the USA."
So does this not state,psilocybin> psilocin>4-Acetylpsilocin?

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: NWuser]
    #6321932 - 11/30/06 04:06 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I understand the oxidation process of Psilocin but, I still dont understand (nor have I seen research/proof) of the process of it loosing its active components.

Anyone else care to shed some light?

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #6323168 - 11/30/06 10:52 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

4-aco-dmt? it's a synthetic tryptamine.  more resistant to oxidation than psilocin, but it doesn't occur in mushrooms...  i don't understand what it has to do with the discussion. :confused:

from what I understand, no one really knows what the chemical basis for bluing in active mushrooms is.  the bluing compound has not been identified and may or may not be a product of the oxidation of psilocin.  This page has some info on the biochemistry of bluing in boletes, if you're really interested.

psilocin oxidation directly resulting in the formation of the bluing compound is a popular theory, but that's all it is. I don't think there are any facts that back it up conclusively (does pure psilocin turn blue when it's exposed to air??).  but bluing is probably the result of something being oxidized, so you could come to the conclusion that psilocin is also being oxidized to a degree that is relative to amount of bluing, regardless of whether or not it is actually causing the bluing directly.

:crazy2:

but yeah

Quote:

wietstocker said:
why don't you eat some and tell us what YOU think.

Edited by spores (11/30/06 11:07 PM)

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: picked some frozen cyans...concerns [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6323237 - 11/30/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KidBotany said:
you ate fresh cyans, u know those colors im talking about :wink:

haha wow man im surprised you even remmeberd that!, makes me feel kinda special :grin:
but thanx for the replies peeps, very much appreciated.
and dont worry i will be trying these mushies out, i just dont know when. life is somewhat a lil struggleful, and stressful right now and i've been real busy so i dont expect to eat any until at least next weekend. i suppose my life will have gotten on better terms by then.

btw- i finnally got an avatar!, have you guys noticed?
:peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract