Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Hydrapod Success?
    #631520 - 05/15/02 10:16 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone here grows with myco-tek's hydrapod? Any good feedback for em? anything criticisms? i want to hear it before i dish out my money, my friend has me convinced its one of the easiest and best ways to grow ..thx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: Hydrapod Success? [Re: ]
    #632197 - 05/15/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

There are a few pods on the market, the hydra-pod is used by many users here who have had great results. I have a pod by another vendor, and I feel it works just as well, and I am having excellent results with it. At the time, I was a little strapped for cash so I bought the cheapest one. I have no complaints.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Offlinesixpac440
Psycho Dad
Loc: Michigan
    #632301 - 05/15/02 08:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have the advanced Pod. It works great. Myco-tek's customer service has been great too. Yep it's pricey but it takes allot of the guesswork out of shroom growing.

--------------------
Peace
Six

Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
    #632303 - 05/15/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

No offense to any pod manufacturers, but I think they're a waste of your money (same with kits btw). You're best off buying a large sterilite or rubbermaid type container, and attaching a cool mist humidifier. It takes care of humidity and gas exchange. I haven't used a pod before but I'm pretty sure that you can get just as much humidity this way as with a pod. As for a light source its as easy as a string of small white christmas lights or incorporating a piece of plexiglass.
This setup just takes a bit of work but I'm betting that its less work than it took to earn the money that would be spent on a pod.

So in summary:
Plastic storage bin: $10-15
Cool mist humidifier: $20-25
Plastic tubing (a few ft): $5
String of lights: $5

Not spending $125+ on a pod for less cropping space than a $10 bin and realizing the joy of "do it yourself":
priceless.

I hope this helps

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Anonymous

Re: Hydrapod Success? [Re: psyphon]
    #633114 - 05/16/02 11:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

thanks all for the feedback, I just may go with the rubbermaid container because I have been doing a lot of research and I am a lil strapped for cash right now

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale