Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: Asante]
    #6302576 - 11/20/06 12:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

*nightmare* cold sweat.....

i wonder if he ever participated in TV god preaching sessions. i think getting so worked up is there answer to steve jobs just bringing truly wicked announcments.

vista looks pretty cool. but hopefully it does pack a punch i mean, how long has XP been around? and how many of you had mulitple comps fall to viruses/crashes/overall slowness a month after fresh installs.

im no expert at all so my opinion doesnt count really, but just as a average users viewpoint.

anyone know if vista has backround auto defrag??

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: the man]
    #6302752 - 11/20/06 01:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

or better yet, a file system that has no need to defrag, it will be the day when microsoft comes up with one.

peace

Offlineshroom_me
Stranger
Male

Loc: Usa
Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: supra]
    #6306666 - 11/28/06 01:09 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

how about an open source version of windows? yeah (laugh) i know i'm dreaming. would be nice to see linux turn into the new windows. some company should really start a linux project.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: shroom_me]
    #6306803 - 11/28/06 03:34 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

> some company should really start a linux project.

Thats a great idea... we should name it after a color, because I see red whenever the blue screen of death pops up... yeah, red is a good color... hmm... and maybe a bit of clothing to go with the color... a hat perhaps? How about "Red and white stripped Cat in the Hat"? Kinda wordy... maybe get rid of everything but the first and last word and see what happens....

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineshroom_me
Stranger
Male

Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: Seuss]
    #6319811 - 11/29/06 10:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

yeah but red hat ain't that great. I highly doubt the majority of people will ever switch over to Linux unless it is graphically like windows, and functions like it too. I think windows wouldn't be flawed if microsuck didn't purposely make it so. win 95 is a prime example with their infamous crash dates they put into the software. and with xp's bug fixes it creates new ones. I mean seriously they have the worlds best programmers and are rich as fuck if they really wanted to they could make it damn near flawless, but wheres the money in that?

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? *DELETED* [Re: shroom_me]
    #6320252 - 11/30/06 01:11 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Konnrade

Reason for deletion: This post was stupid

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlineshroom_me
Stranger
Male

Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: Konnrade]
    #6320430 - 11/30/06 02:50 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

well yes, true they dont care. but you in a way have stated my point there, and thats what i was getting at they DON'T care. But i dont think microsuck is a bunch of idiot's FAR from it, i think they made shit on purpose knowing full well what can be made(good software) but they realize being the giant they are that they can make just as much money(in fact more) by making shitty products that need to be updated alot.. Microsoft(hate to say it) is a smart company, and that is why they are the leaders(and theives) But they do know how to make good software just thought i'd reinstate that point.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: Konnrade]
    #6320449 - 11/30/06 03:07 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Konnrade said:
Quote:

shroom_me said:
... they have the worlds best programmers...

No, they seriously do not.

Microsoft's programmers and/or software engineers didn't even think to start using modular programming until the fucking 21st century... and the concept had been around for quite a long time before then. Keep in mind when I say "quite a long time" I mean that the concept was first presented in 1968!

You have no clue what you are talking about. Have you ever been to Microsoft? Have you ever met any of the Microsoft programmers? Have you ever been a Microsoft developer. I have. (Worked as an intern for a summer programming on Microsoft Word and Active Desktop.) I bash Microsoft left and right, but for valid reasons. They really do have some of the best software engineers on the planet. The only company that I know of that has a better average is Google.

I have no idea where you are getting this about modular programming. Again, unless you have actually been a developer for Microsoft, you have little room to talk. They certainly have issues, but you didn't mention a single one of them.

For example, Microsoft (back when I was there, in the mid 90's), gave no thought to formal testing. The mindset was get a working product out the door regardless of stability. We can fix it later with an upgrade.

Another issue I had with Microsoft is that they keep the developers computers upgraded to the absolute latest fastest machine on the market. In one summer, they upgraded my desktop twice! No wonder their crap runs so slow on everybody elses machine... the developers never see how the code performs on an average computer, they are working on the fastest machine that money can buy.

And the killer... everything they write is in hungarian notation (bleck!). I don't need to include the type in the variable name, thank you very much. I guess you get used to it after a while, but I always viewed code as art and hungarian notation looks like shit smeared on a canvas.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #6320591 - 11/30/06 06:49 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

And the killer... everything they write is in hungarian notation (bleck!)

I've grown to like Hungarian Notation... mostly... :wink:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Windows Vista So Secure, No Anti-virus Required?? [Re: Diploid]
    #6320837 - 11/30/06 09:26 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

PatchGuard is a good example of why you shouldn't trust Microsoft's claims. Trust the third-party vendors who do independent reviews perhaps, and have no interest in promoting or demoting Microsoft's products.

I think what is really scary is the fact that they designed the Visa network stack from the ground up. That is just n00bish, IMO.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #6321873 - 11/30/06 03:45 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

(disappears from this forum for 2 weeks)

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale