Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa
    #6320418 - 11/30/06 02:38 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Heres pics from two different patches a couple blocks apart.

I found these smaller ones in front of the place i work last week.

These found Monday are from a patch aweia told me about last season.

Its VERY out in the open. Right by an onramp somewhere. I saw them and started to pick fast so as not to be there long. I had filled one bag and was picking to fill another when someone getting on the freeway yelled out of his car, "THEY'RE NOT, THEY'RE NOT, THEY'RE FUCKING NOT!!!!!!"  LOLOLOL

I smiled and thought to myself, "Oh yes they are."

I picked about an ounce dry give or take a couple grams i havent weighed them yet. I did notice a few worms, but they were in ok condition.

So far ive only found Friscosas this year. Seems to be more prevelant in my area than Cyanescens.

anyway happy huntin guys  :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Edited by sui (11/30/06 02:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: sui]
    #6320792 - 11/30/06 09:05 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

isn't that amazing?...Lots of people are convinced those aren't the right ones, but we know better :smile:

I'm suprised a little that one came up already, since many simlar areas out in the open like that haven't started yet..I'd say that's a bit isolated right now. I might make it up there in a couple weeks after some more rain.

try making some cardboard out of the leftover mycelium..and btw, last year when I picked i also pulled up some mycelium just like in these photos, and they grew back just fine. Nice agressive strain here

here's the same place from last year. Note the date, jan 16

As far as I can tell, this season isn't really that much earlier than last year

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: sui]
    #6320817 - 11/30/06 09:18 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, yeah, those obviously aren't Cyanesecnes, thats for sure.

Has MJ ever seen these new "cyanfriscosas" yet. Does he have any input on what they might be?

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: angryshroom]
    #6320949 - 11/30/06 10:02 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Here's something I've never seen done before. This cardboard is inoculated woodchips from both psilocybe cyanescens and these new friscosas..half and half mixed togther

it's still a little early, but as you can see, they are starting to grow into one another and become one organism

whether or not this becomes a shroomzilla that rampages through the bay area remains to be seen  :smile:

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: auweia]
    #6320989 - 11/30/06 10:16 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

it is dissapointing in the way you ripped up all that mycelia :frown: :thumbdown:

great find tho

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #6321042 - 11/30/06 10:32 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Auweia,

I cropped your foto from Jan 2006 to show you a comparison image.

Here is your image and then here is one of mine from Seattle. My mushrooms, which very much macroscopically are very alike yours, were identified for me under the microscope by Dr. Gaston Guzman as Psilocybe cyanescens.

However, I believe most of the alledged friscosa's are P. cyanofibrilosa.

So compare my images from Seattle with yours from San Fran.

john

my image and more of same patch

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6321090 - 11/30/06 10:49 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

close, but not quite..The pins don't look like that here, the dark ring in my photos is only bcause they're getting burnt by the sun, and it's not normal..And you last photo, the semi nipple or bump in the middle?..here's it's opposite and inverted.

then there's the bifurcate cystidia of the Wash variety and these don't have that

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6321101 - 11/30/06 10:52 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

and the first photo..I've never seen stems that long down here, excpt for once in a deep bush where there's no circulation

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #6321123 - 11/30/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

shity i know but i thought i would contribute.
found yesterday

--------------------

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: notapillow]
    #6321138 - 11/30/06 11:04 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, I hope this is ok, but Waylitjim did a great job witha post an another forum > http://forums.mycotopia.net/showthread.php?t=16394

notice how those are inverted nipples

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

#6321167 - 11/30/06 11:14 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I wish actives grew in abundance in my area. :hulk:  :bye:

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6321226 - 11/30/06 11:42 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
My mushrooms, which very much macroscopically are very alike yours, were identified for me under the microscope by Dr. Gaston Guzman as Psilocybe cyanescens.

However, I believe most of the alledged friscosa's are P. cyanofibrilosa.

So compare my images from Seattle with yours from San Fran.

Wait.... so you're trying to prove that the alleged cyanofriscosas are cyanofibrillosas by poiting out the macroscopic similarity of the cyanofriscosas with cyanescens????

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

What is your point? If you're trying to convince us of them being cyanofibrillosa, then why are you comparing them to cyanescens? Shouldn't you compare them to cyanofibrillosas??

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #6321505 - 11/30/06 01:35 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

auweia said:
Here's something I've never seen done before. This cardboard is inoculated woodchips from both psilocybe cyanescens and these new friscosas..half and half mixed togther

it's still a little early, but as you can see, they are starting to grow into one another and become one organism

whether or not this becomes a shroomzilla that rampages through the bay area remains to be seen  :smile:

And this phenomenon introduces a new issue:
Only same species can "mate", which would suggest that,
1. you misidentified one of the species, or,
2. they are the same species, but perhaps one is a sub-species, or,
3. one of the species is over taking the other.

Very curious...

--------------------

OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: CureCat]
    #6321774 - 11/30/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Mj Shroomer is An Oldschool Head,From Seattle Whos been Picking Before you were even Born.,We has written Books,He Know top Myclogist at universtys' Etc....He Knows his shit,I'm not saying He's right But,Give Him some respect man,He probaly started the patch you might be picking,No beef only eat it.

--------------------
I'm in a Magical Mushroom land!

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #6321779 - 11/30/06 03:05 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Mj Shroomer is pretty weird...

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #6321818 - 11/30/06 03:21 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I know who John is.
That doesn't mean that I or anyone should pretend not to notice the insufficiencies of his last interjection.

I did not flame him, I simply stated my observations.
If no one challenges anyone when there is unclarity, we will not progress in our understanding.

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6321947 - 11/30/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting. You should try spawning them seperately and seeing how the mycelium grows... see if there is any sort of difference in habits among the two.

Another idea of this whole alleged species is that these AREN'T a different species, rather just a VARIATION. You notice that there are families of species which are identical MIRCOscopically but differ only slightly MACROscopically.

Ie. This could be Psilocybe Cyanofibrillosa var. francisco or something along that nature :smile:

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Cyanofriscosa [Re: CureCat]
    #6321990 - 11/30/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

there's a couple of other things too..why does Stamets refuse to call these fibrillosa then?..Why is he calling this a possible new species in california?..wouldn't it be easier just to call them fibrillosa?

also, why are there so few photos of fibrillosa from washington and why are there so many down here?..It's been demonstrated repeatedly under a microscope that these in california are closer to cyanescens than to fibrillosa, even tho they look closer to fibrillosa

as far as I know MJ has rarely been to california and probably has never seen these in person, but Stamets comes down here alot..

But I said from the very beginning I thought these were a mutation of cyanescens, they are commonly near and around cyan patches, since the day i first saw them 5 years ago, and i've been picking for 25 years now..If they can grow together as one, they would be the same species, so why are they shaped so different then?..In the mushroom world, things like this are possible. or rather, with some behaviors, we can't say it's impossible anymore, because the more we learn the stranger it gets

As far as I'm concerned people can debate the name till kingdom come, but I have no trouble identifying them as good as cyans, I'm happy, my friends are happy.

Other people have trouble tho

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6322025 - 11/30/06 04:37 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

or another way to look at it, these in the bay area have been around for about 5 years now, and dozens of samples and tranplants have made it to the MSSF and San Francisco State for study...it should have been published by now and fairly straightforward if these were fibrillosa or cyans.

but apparently there's characteristics of both, so people have a hard time going one way the other...so maybe a new species is the way to go, but maybe you can't do that either if they can grow together.

I think this is why there is no clear definition yet, and may yet take some time, and probably DNA tests to figure out what's going on here

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6322209 - 11/30/06 05:57 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Have you sent any spore's to Workman at Sporeworks? He is actively in the business, and has a microscope. Im sure he could make some good arguments on what these truely are.

I know Auweia, you have actually found these in real life, you know that you can tell a difference. Its hard for us to sit back and just look at pictures, rather than have them in our hands.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies