Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: Miracle Grow MC vs 50/50+ [Re: creamcorn]
    #6344098 - 12/07/06 10:54 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, creamcorn you are the man! haha

honestly, I have spend probably a cumulative of days reading up on different strategies but I could never understand those parts. I think it is assumed that most people know these things so no one talks about it, then when new people come in the info isn't there....or else it's the 14th post in a thread not even related (which you have to stumble upon). I strongly believe there should be basically an outline to all growing. it would be a monumental task, but it would help a lot

sorry man for rainin on your parade...it wasn't my intention

thanks again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Miracle Grow MC vs 50/50+ [Re: fazdazzle]
    #6344146 - 12/07/06 11:11 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
sorry man for rainin on your parade...it wasn't my intention

thanks again

haha no problem at all, i can just see where its headed... off topic questions lead to further off topic questions and before you know it the original pertinent stuff gets buried... like you point out. :smile:  the hardest part of growing really is the fact there's so many ways to do it, its overwhelming just starting out... so if you still have questions or confusion on the process feel friend to send myself or note or better yet make a new thread so you can get multiple opinions and so others can benefit from reading them... just wanna keep organized is all. :smile:

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
    #6350087 - 12/09/06 04:25 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Here is my current Miracle Grow casing. It is a monotub, horse manure from 8 pints of colonized WBS (malabar strain). Miracle grow was spread on tuesday morning, put in fruiting mode friday at noon. I wonder how long it will take to pin?

30 gallon, 3 inch substrate depth. Casing layer is thin, probably a 1/4 inch at most.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Miracle Grow MC vs 50/50+ [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6350583 - 12/09/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

MGMC has an uncanny habit of pinning exactly on day 6 in fruiting every time for me    So... Thursday? :smile:

Then again I do things pretty consistently to get that consistent result, I'm kinda half kidding when I predict Thursday, but you are looking at something around there :wink:

We'll see though... definitely keep us up to date, it'll be funny if you got pins on Thursday :wink:

Offlinetwistedninja
Stranger under the bed
Male

Loc: TX
    #6350695 - 12/09/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I use MG MC because of creamcorn. I had never thought of using something like that before but it was so easy and cheap I couldn't resist trying it. Thanks Creamcorn!!

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
    #6350839 - 12/09/06 12:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said:
MGMC has an uncanny habit of pinning exactly on day 6 in fruiting every time for me    So... Thursday? :smile:

Then again I do things pretty consistently to get that consistent result, I'm kinda half kidding when I predict Thursday, but you are looking at something around there :wink:

We'll see though... definitely keep us up to date, it'll be funny if you got pins on Thursday :wink:

Sadly I have to leave on Friday, so I hope they come before Thursday. One of my friends is going to be babysitting the tub for me... it sucks though, I'm not gonna be able to harvest my own first grow.

Invisiblefunnyfeeling
Stranger

#6366408 - 12/13/06 02:58 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hey all you master debaters out there. I was requested to add a pic of a recently cased tray to show what an amazing job Miracle Gro Moisture Control does. This is rye spawned to coco/coir at a 1:1 ratio. The strain is Puerto Rican. So to all those that never got PR to grow, trust me, its worth trying it until you succeed. Its an awesome strain, and very potent.

--------------------
"Love, Bang, Crash, Wakka, Wakka, Bam Thwok"
~ Kim Deal

Offlinezathan
Buttstuff
 User Gallery
Loc: So long stinktown
    #6366482 - 12/13/06 03:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dihnekis said:
Here is my current Miracle Grow casing. It is a monotub, horse manure from 8 pints of colonized WBS (malabar strain). Miracle grow was spread on tuesday morning, put in fruiting mode friday at noon. I wonder how long it will take to pin?

30 gallon, 3 inch substrate depth. Casing layer is thin, probably a 1/4 inch at most.

Looks good so far. I'd be surprised if it doesn't start knotting by before the weekend.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Miracle Grow MC vs 50/50+ [Re: funnyfeeling]
    #6366615 - 12/13/06 03:50 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

funnyfeeling said:
Hey all you master debaters out there.  I was requested to add a pic of a recently cased tray to show what an amazing job Miracle Gro Moisture Control does.  This is rye spawned to coco/coir at a 1:1 ratio.  The strain is Puerto Rican.  So to all those that never got PR to grow, trust me, its worth trying it until you succeed.  Its an awesome strain, and very potent.

Nice job  :rockon:

Offlinetime2
Stranger
Re: Miracle Grow MC vs 50/50+ [Re: Blutjager]
    #6397602 - 12/22/06 05:58 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

WOW!!! I've been working on my first grow (have LC's incubating now), I was going to do PF cakes in my PMP but I think I'm doing this now. I was going to do casings with 50/50 but that's too complicated for my first grow (IMO).

Thanks CC for all your help.

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

#9078524 - 10/14/08 09:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I am sorry for bringing up an old post, almost two years in age. 

This thread is definitely the most complete and informational about the subject of Miracle Grow Moisture Control, so I believe it should be posted here.

There is some debate as to the amount of lime that the MGMC should be mixed with.  Initially, creamcorn (the undisputed authority on the matter), stated it should be roughly half the amount found in the usual 50/50 method (or perhaps more correctly, the 50/50+ method).  The original method calls for 4% lime, by volume, in addition to oyster shell.  Therefore we would assume he would mean roughly 2% by volume.  In a following post, it was stated that it should be 2.5 tablespoons for each quart, this would be 3.9% by volume.  Creamcorn went on to say that 2.5 tablespoons would be a little much, so reduced his recommendation to 2 tablespoons per quart, or 3.125% by volume.

As we can see that the range of suggestions are from 2% to almost 4% by volume.  I have yet to use this method, but will soon, I will go for 3% by volume.

I hope this addition will be useful to anyone else considering this method, after doing the math myself, I felt it could help.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale