Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAlprazolom
Misfit
Female

Loc: Manchester
Greenhouse in closet, suggestions for FAE needed. Would my idea eliminate back-pressure?
    #6309177 - 11/28/06 11:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

All my casings have mycelium growing up the stipe. Right now I have a cool mist inside my 4-tier greenhouse (GH) running 15 minutes every hour. I unzip the GH and fan manually, then mist.

I just got an ultrasonic humidifier and I have some LCs going.. ready to start my next grow. I want it to be automated. I cannot fan nor mist it manually.

My problem:

My GH is in the closet, so if the door is closed, there wouldn't be much FAE in the closet itself.

I am thinking of putting the cool mist (CM) inside the GH, and having a pipe/tube/hose going from the outside of the closet (hole in the wall), into the greenhouse and into the CM's air intake input.

So essentially, the CM will be pulling air from outside the closet, not recycling the air already inside the GH. This should also reduce/eliminate back-pressure, correct?

I will also place the ultrasonic (US) inside the GH. Both the US and CM will be on the lowest shelf. Is that a problem?

CM will run 24/7, providing FAE, lights will be on a timer for 12/12. The US will also be on a timer, how long should I run it for?

I do not have, and do not plan on getting a hygrometer at this time. I'm just working with what I have (a very low budget. I was lucky enough to find the CM/US for very low prices used @ a moving sale).

--------------------

My first grow. Thanks all.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation