Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Purdue
What exactly is a bad trip for you?
    #6306356 - 11/27/06 10:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

What necessarily makes a trip bad? I had a very strong trip the other day off of maybe 7g's mushrooms mixed with lemon juice. I lost all track of what was real and what wasn't. My sense of time also became extremely messed up. After a while I wasn't even sure whether my eyes were open or closed, so I couldn't tell whether I was getting OEV's or CEV's. But throughout the trip I sort of did a lot of looking inside myself which scared the hell out of me. I learned a lot about my subconscious and I guess it lead to what could be considered a bad trip. I ended up obsessing towards the comedown portion that my life was fucked up, and i'm indecisive about everything and can't decide on what I want to do with my life. At the same time this bad trip also taught me a lot. I was also getting some weird vibes from my surrounding's. I guess I was ill prepared for such a strong trip. Next time I'll make sure I don't do that by myself. Luckily I was fully incapacitated and could not go anywhere. So in all, it may have been a bad and scary trip, but I feel I came away with a greater understanding of what I need to do.

Well i'm curious about other people's bad trips and what it was like for them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: karn09]
    #6306390 - 11/27/06 10:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Every trip that I have ever considered bad has been then thought about and take it as a very eye opening experience. If you have a bad trip there is a reason for it. If you think about it you will figure it out why you had and you make it so it doesn't happen again. Bad trips are useful and a needed. Not all trips are fun and what you want them to be. Good luck.

Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: daytripper05]
    #6306410 - 11/27/06 10:54 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I definitely spent a lot of time analyzing my trip afterwards. Also tried to change things in my environment that was bothering me, and fixing or going on the path to fixing other things. I plan on doing another trip on friday, this time on some acid that a foaf sent me in the mail. Got 4 hits that i'm splitting with my gf. So hopefully i'm able to fully get rid of the negative energy by then.

OfflineZx2Ninja
Stranger
    #6306454 - 11/27/06 11:12 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

paranioa...puking isnt fun

OfflineZx2Ninja
Stranger
    #6306485 - 11/27/06 11:23 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

paranioa...puking isnt fun

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: Zx2Ninja]
    #6306493 - 11/27/06 11:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

puking isnt fun, but its beneficial.
bad trips are the ones i learn nothing from, or have nothing to show from.
even if i feel like the shittiest shit on earth while tripping, im usualy always being taught or shown the way, and thats the main reason im there.

OfflineZx2Ninja
Stranger
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6306541 - 11/27/06 11:48 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

how is puking beneficial?

not tryin to sound like an asshole juss curious

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Loc: groin
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: Zx2Ninja]
    #6306673 - 11/28/06 01:14 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

though unpleasant.. a nervous or "rotting" stomach can be relieved by emptying all the contents.
---------------------------------------------
IMO a bad trip is when we concive a reality or situation that scares us; while on Psycadelics.

Psycadelics open a whole new set of perspectives, which we may personally find quite terrifying. Might even make you consider yourself to be insane, dead or perhaps to "convince" you that some truth you've allways held tight was not true i.e. God Exits or Doesnt / You are Immortal or Not / You are in full control of your life or your just a puppet to fate and on and on...

Or It might push you to consider a bleak future. You friends all going separte ways or the death of your closes uncles, aunts, grandparents...

Or.. and this is my fav..... You might experince something like astral travel... OBE.... or even Telekenisis.... and shit yer pants.

The Bad Trip seems to come down to the moment you think to your self "This is Bad". You shit yer pants and try to "integrate your experinces" the next day, week or whenever.

Of course most of my friends think its when the acid just doesnt work.

--------------------
Multiplied

Offlinedhopper
Stranger
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: Dickhead]
    #6306719 - 11/28/06 01:44 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

So friday i had a small trip on some cambodians( 2 grams) and was possibly the worst time to trip, suffice to say that jerry springer doesnt have shit on my apartment complex, all my neighbors we're freaking out, next door neighbor got caught smoking pot by wifey got beat the fuck out of by her, drama with neighbor below w/girlfriend and baby, girls crying over assholes and so on and so forth so after finishing my lil bag of goodies and finally chilling everyone out here comes another girl crying her eyes cuz her mom slapped her. After that point the laughing came lasted for about an hour laughing at everybody and their problems which lead me to believe im in a much better position then everyone else, then for some reason I got super bad vibes from everyone around me so I proceeded to step outside of the atmosphere and zoned out on dead trees, so to make this posting a lil shorter it was an overall kill buzz for me so I spent most of my time in my room listening to music and feeling colors. god im rdy for a hard trip...

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah Flag
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: dhopper]
    #6306856 - 11/28/06 05:22 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

A bad trip for me is a trip in which i have no control of the direction the trip is taking, whether it be scary visuals or feelings or examination of certain things im not comfortable with which normally happens when im introspective and thinking about my life/direction/goals etc.

To put it briefly, a bad trip for me is a trip where i have no control and am not in my comfort zone. When you get these thoughts i find it spirals out of control until your in a negative thought loop which at times can be very intense and hard to break out of.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #6306868 - 11/28/06 05:35 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

A bad trip for me was dosing 7 stamps, and giving my GF at the time 3 to dose with me, and her going and flushing them down the toilet and screwing with my brain through the whole trip making me think I was nuts, and my brain was frying...

She also made me listen to a rammstein CD that had an english song on it, and I thought I could understand german for a bit.... got laughed at for a while over that...

God that was a bad day, should have learned I needed to kick that bitch to the curb that day, but damn, I liked getting laid...

--------------------

Offlinekarn09
w3rd
Male User Gallery

Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: Eraserhead]
    #6306928 - 11/28/06 07:05 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ouch, that sucks. I had an ex who was fucking with me while I was tripping. Kicked her to the curb the very next day.

From reading comments it seems bad trips stem from when one isn't ready to hear/see what a hallucinogen has to say. I guess it comes down to it is what you make of it.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #6306938 - 11/28/06 07:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

karn09, to me then - that wouldn't be a bad trip, that would be a difficult trip. I suppose that is all a matter of perspective.

I'd be hard pressed to say I've ever had a bad trip. To me, a bad trip would be something that I would /never/ want to go through again, and something that has psychologically scarred me for a long time.

I've had terrifying trips, I've had trips that have left me scared shitless, I've had trips where I thought it was 3 days later and I was going to come to in the corner of a prison sell covered in my own vomit and piss because I was afaid I was never going to come down / come back to reality. But, those trips have also provided me with some of the most amazing, blissful and euphoric experiences.

The /closest/ thing I'd say I've had to a bad trip, was a month or two ago on 2 hits of LSD while going to a club. I ended up dosing too high and getting confused at the club, and could not make sense of what my friend wanted to do. Did he want to stay at this party, or goto another party that we were also planning on? I could not interpet his actions at all.

By the end of the night, we had gotten into a fight/argument, had paid over $40 dollars in cover between 2 clubs that we only stayed at for maybe, a total of an hour at between the two of them. I kept thinking everything he was saying to me was an insult / mocking me / making fun of me.

By time we got back home, we had another argument or two, he went to bed and was snoring like a freight train, dogs were barking outside, street cleaners were going, car alarms were going off. I was in a bad mood from the night fucking up, and mostly mad at myself for the "I should of known better" than to dose that high at a club.

I got pissed off at being home, and at this point I was not nearly as high so tried to goto another club, spent an hour walking there only to be told I had missed the 'cutoff' to get in by 30 mins (got there at 6:30, they stop letting people in at 6:00am) so spent a grumpy hour walk back home. I was to tired do do a 'go hiking outside day', but being inside was the last thing I wanted to do.

I was pissed off, I was frazzled around the edges, I was mad at myself for fucking things up, was mad at my friend for the fighting.

But at the end of the day - it was just poor planning / set / setting, but fuck was I happy once I finnaly came down and got a good nights sleep. Spending that long in a paranoid thought loop of 'everything that is being said to me is making fun of me' just wasnt fun (My friend has a /very/ sarcastic sense of humour and way of interacting with people, and trying to work through his 10 layers of sarcasm to figure out the true meaning behind what he was saying was enough to cause me physical discomfort)

Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

Loc: USA
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: kaniz]
    #6306966 - 11/28/06 07:34 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ive had some bad trips. a bad trip isnt only defined as being "not good" but for me a bad trip is just that- a really bad, horrible experience.

Usually the whole trip isnt bad, but a significant portion of the trip is and it can mess up the rest of the trip unless you know how to turn it all around.

I tripped with one of my friends once, and at that time i was also a daily pot smoker. The trip wnt bad when i convinced myself i had really been smoking tweak all the times i was supposedly getting faded the whole year prior to this trip.
So i suddenly had this false "realization" that i was actually a drug addict and my brain was so fucked up that i didnt even know this. I had thoughts of my parents talking to me the day before and they looked really worried and depressed because i was "a druggie". I felt like everything i knew was turned upside down. I felt completely lost along with more bad feelings. I felt like i was in living hell.

After gaining some control i just started running around and the trip got better.

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: knowhereman]
    #6307028 - 11/28/06 08:10 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

A bad trip for me would be a trip i don't have time for, or if i'm not in the mood for a trip. It wouldn't freak me out and send me hopping out a window or anything, but I would gain nothing valuable from it, and i wouldn't be able to enjoy it either.

If both the fun and the learning is taken away, that's a bad trip for me. People trying to fuck with my head, seeing weird shit, that kinda stuff i just accept and enjoy as i would enjoy a horror movie for example.

So far the only thing close to what i'D consider a bad trip would be having to take care of a person who was having a bad trip, while tripping. It wasn't a frightening experience, just sucked alot of the fun out of my trip since after sending the person on good vibes again, i felt i had to keep an eye on her for the rest of the night.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#6307040 - 11/28/06 08:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

for me, sheer, unadultered terror, or utter despair at the futility of my and humanity's existence...  fun stuff! :smirk:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: Lion]
    #6307072 - 11/28/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Altering my neurochemistry with drugs and not learning anything and not even enjoying myself.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6307200 - 11/28/06 10:07 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Never had a bad trip. I plan trips throughly and prepare myself mentally, physically and spiritually. Not to say I haven't had difficult trips... just not any bad ones. Throughly think your decision through, toil through it as much as necessary, but one the decision is made, there is no looking back.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineContinuum
Kid A

Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6307216 - 11/28/06 10:17 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KidBotany said:bad trips are the ones i learn nothing from, or have nothing to show from.
even if i feel like the shittiest shit on earth while tripping, im usualy always being taught or shown the way, and thats the main reason im there.

Yup, I just tripped this past weekend with one of my best friends... both ingested about 4 grams in lemon/lime soaked mushroom tea.

I think I peaked at about a level two... and nothing was really revealed to me... I mean my mind was opened a bit... much like it is after smoking some good pot, but nothing like I would've expected from 4gs soaked in lemon/lime. I had fun, but felt like the trip was kinda wasted... ie a bad trip IMO

My buddy, on the other hand, was tripping for the first time and had an incredible introspective experience... ego loss, the whole nine yards. Apparently it was really difficult and depressing, but he learned alot and came out of it feeling on top of the world.... that's a real trip  :thumbup:

That was my first harvest from my first pfcakes... and my goal was to make him trip like I did at Bonnaroo several months back.. mission accomplished  :cool: :mushroom2:

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
Re: What exactly is a bad trip for you? [Re: Continuum]
    #6307252 - 11/28/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've never had a bad trip. I've seen crazy shit where every one was dead, I've even bit holes in my thumbs on the first trip I've ever had lol, and all my trips were level 4s and 5's but I've never freaked out where I considered any of my trips bad. I just go with the flow and love every minute of it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder