Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
alaskan malamute
    #6304757 - 11/21/06 12:58 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

This is my favorite breed of dog I have ever had. I have had all sizes and breeds. Her name is Tundra. Shes a year old. She loves to go hiking in the woods with me. But winter is coming up and she is getting more playful as it gets colder. I can't wait for it to snow here so I can hook her up to a slep. Anyone have any experience with sled training these dogs (or any dogs for that matter). I am huge fan of the dog whisperer's method of training. i think they show is geared towards middle age house wives but his dog training methods work wonders. I have very well behaved dogs and I am look forwards to hooking tundra up to a leash to pull me ass around.  :dancing:

I also have a lab pitbull mix, Gracie, but is mostly and indoor dog. Shes not as much fun but I love her just as much. Just shooting the shit here about dogs so let me know what y'all think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: alaskan malamute [Re: daytripper05]
    #6304790 - 11/21/06 01:12 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

cool :smile:

alaskan malamute eh? i've always wondered what kinds of dogs those were.  i always wanted to get a husky a few years down the road, but now i'll have to look into them too

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: alaskan malamute [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6304811 - 11/21/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I recommend a malamute over a husky. They are more laid back and bigger and stronger. They don't like to play mindless games. (wrestling, tug of war, fetch, basically any game other most dogs like) They are more of a working breed of dog, which IMO are the most loyal when trained properly. They love to hunt. Tundra brought back a dead beaver a couple of weeks ago. While very intimidating physically they wouldn't ever bite a person I didn't want her to. They love kids.

They are basically a domestic wolf. I have always loved wolves so naturally I love this breed. Huskies were designed to be more domestic. They are an artic breed but are actually very different. one thing to know about these dogs is they shed all year around. If hair your food bothers you or having to sweep a lot isn't your gig then this not your dog. They also need lots of room and fences wont contain them. They will roam for miles and bring back lots of dead animals. I absolutely love how instivtive they are. Possibly the best thing about these dogs is they don't bark. They only howel. They will alway greet you with one and these dogs are the most known for understanding english. I sware I can speak full sentences to Tundra and she understands. I probably more like being able to read my energy better than most dogs. All artic dogs are some of the oldest breeds without change. An outstanding choice.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #6304815 - 11/21/06 01:28 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I used to have one that had part wolf in it(i think)

http://www.malamuterescue.com/aboutmals.html

They are one of the most attention needing dogs.  If you have one from a puppy, be prepared to have time for it.

That's my advice for someone who is thinking of getting one.

Very nice dog man  :heart:

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: alaskan malamute [Re: Spooge]
    #6304822 - 11/21/06 01:30 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

thank you. yes they do need lots of attention or the will run away, chew shit up, or just not behave. Getting a puppy is a must so you can really get the most out of their unlimited personality.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #6304828 - 11/21/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

for sure.

I miss my bud so much.

He was so different than any dog I've had.  SOOO much personality.

They are known to try and fit in with humans.  Like for example, he'd try and sit at the kitchen table in the chair when I would be eating at the table.  Not to beg, but because he wanted to be part of it.  He'd try to sit so that he wouldn't be shorter than me, nor taller.  quite hilarious

When I played music, he would try to sing with it.  I swear, he'd get some vowel sounds out...really creepy actually.

And he was the BIGGEST suck ever.  Not a good gaurd dog, thats for sure.  :tongue:

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #6304830 - 11/21/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

really cool :smile:

i've always been really fond of wolves as well, which is part of the reason i wanted a husky. i've known people with huskies, and come to think that they're great dogs. i've only seen alaskan malamutes though and never really known much about them.

definitely something i'm going to have to look into when the time comes to get a dog

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: alaskan malamute [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6304839 - 11/21/06 01:41 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yep they are similar but two different dogs for two different type of people. It's actually known that you cant have too many of these types of dogs together at once because they will form a pack. The more of a pack they are in the more instinctive they get. They are very proficient killers. And once they get the taste of blood they get more and more. I used to take the carcassed away from my dog but I just let her chew on them as much as she wants. That way she wont go kill/scavange more than she has to.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #6304875 - 11/21/06 01:59 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Very cool doggies! :laugh:

I like Alaskan dogs. :smile:

And you know I love Lab's! :grin:

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: alaskan malamute [Re: TM]
    #6304882 - 11/21/06 02:05 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

a lab with a pitbull twist. She acts just like a lab until her and Tundra get to fighting. Then the pit comes out. It's funny. Depending on her mood she either looks more lab or more pitbull. Pitbull's have a very bad reputation as being bad dogs. IMO they are they dog that gets the most abuse and have a bad name just like rots.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #6304887 - 11/21/06 02:09 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've known nothing but friendly pits, but they are definitely unstable in the mental area. :lol:

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: alaskan malamute [Re: TM]
    #6304891 - 11/21/06 02:12 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah if they were ever treated bad then they are scared for life. We saved Gracie from the humane society. We weren't looking for a dog at the time but saw her as little puppy and could leave without her. We got Tundra to be her playmate. I like her because she is a great watch dog and keeps Tundra in line.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder