Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

amazing audio anomalies
    #6297857 - 11/18/06 07:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Im a musician and have always been very interested in the fusion between audiovisuals/visuals/geometry/and the math that is music.
On a high dose of lsd I hear the most clear sounds if I pay attention to them, same with mushrooms or ayahuasca but less so.

The spririts of ayahuasca write music as they say, they are called "icaros". Those three drugs make me feel like I can hear my brain, and it sounds far more complex than any music I have ever heard, and its all natural/not my purposeful doing because if it was that would be even more amazing.
My brain becomes almost shocked by this electric matrix of harmonies and constantly moving in this complex intertwined way. With mushrooms and ayahuasca, it sounds more like massive collection of entities(Thousands) with musical personalities as they wistle at me, and with those two drugs I sing back to them in my mind and they react and actually cheere for me, and the sounds even explode with color from each little curled up node of information. I am convinced it is some sort of communication with something. I made this post because although Im pretty sure I know what it is or atleast what "they" have taught me, I would like to hear your take on it if you have experienced anything even sort of like it.
I have come to the conclusion that these are far more than simple sounds. I mean hell, I can draw pictures of them.
They seem to be some form of the primal logos, but from what I have learned from them, they are not long since dead cavemen, but they are more like mathmaticians or aliens. Not literally but archetypically.

I was just wondering what you might think of all this, because god knows, I have alot more to say about it.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezenotter
To be, or psychonaut to be?
 User Gallery

Loc: In the desert
Re: amazing audio anomalies [Re: yageman]
    #6297943 - 11/18/06 08:00 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I mentioned these books a few days ago in another post, but they seem really relevant here as well.

In one of Jane Robert's books, either 'Seth Speaks' or 'The Nature of Personal Reality', Seth talks at length about sound as a form of communication, and that there was time when paintings were created that expressed sound as well to create another dimension to the art, but that we would not be able to hear it since we don't know how. He says our civilization does not have even the slightest notion of the power inherent in sound and music. He talks about sound as though it were a form of technology/communication/perception that we have not even begun to understand yet.

He discusses this at great length and what he is describing is way beyond simple vibrations as we talk about in spiritual forums. He is talking about sound at the level of a technology and art, but a spiritual technology and this was written in the late 60's and 70's.

It has been a year or more since I last reread those books or I would give more specific examples. But it sounds exaclty like what you are describing.

--------------------
"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty.  It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

~ Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
American pamphleteer and Founding Father, 1775

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: amazing audio anomalies [Re: zenotter]
    #6298014 - 11/18/06 08:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6298298 - 11/18/06 11:06 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Im very interested in what these icaros sound like and how they effect the mind. Where do u get them from. Somehwere to download or buy?

--------------------

Offlinezenotter
 User Gallery

#6299099 - 11/19/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

I was just wondering what you might think of all this, because god knows, I have alot more to say about it.

That Terrance McKenna video was great. So much untapped potential in all of us. Kabbahla (not sure of the spelling) believes in the power of sacred words and sounds and that is a very old religion indeed.

I, sadly, don't have much I can offer to this discussion in the way of personal experience, but videos like that and stories like yours open my mind to what is possible, and act as a guide as to what directions to be exploring. So anything else you feel comfortable saying about your experience would fall on grateful ears.

--------------------
"An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty.  It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

OfflinePithlit
Stranger in astrange Land
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: amazing audio anomalies [Re: zenotter]
    #6299335 - 11/19/06 01:11 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I find this most intersting, because i share a lot of your views of that subject and really like your wording especially your interpretations.
I would love to hear what else you have to say about this.

I wouldn´t exactly music, it´s more like code to me.
Flow of information from one specific entity to another.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: amazing audio anomalies [Re: Pithlit]
    #6300043 - 11/19/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

It certainly is a code of some sort... It reminds me of computers making love at times.

I feel like I should mention my most unbelievable experience with this. SOme of you might think this is sort of crazy, but it doesnt really matter because its a true story.

I had eaten some mescaline early in the day as way to ease my way into the mushroom trip that I was going to be taking before sunset. The beginning of the trip was with my best friend and only trip buddy and his older brother. Lots of hysterical laughter and crazy conversations.

Then we parted ways when it came time to eat our mushrooms. I guess he got lost in the forest somewhere, his brother went home, and I just built a fire and waited for the effects to swell. It was a very magical trip. During the comdown I realized how amazed I was with this trip so far, so I started to get weird with it, see what I could do. The thing was there could not be any contrived intention. I sort of just relaxed and let the direction come to me.
So on this silent cool night I sat infront of the fire and let the sounds envelope me. They were different this time though. I was used to these constant complex sounds but on mushrooms they were always different and more elusive than with lsd or even lsa. What follows is the crazy part.

I heard new sounds for the first time and they were just as complex as usual but they seemed to be giggling and talking. They allowed me to enter them and they became very loud. I could see and hear their personalities and the most dominant form was a spiral with a stem yet they were all connected and growing out of an endless 3 dimentional landscape.
I knew that they might be able to teach me about them so in a way, they told me to sing to them(I mean what else was I going to do in there). So I sung back to them in my head and made a rather pathetic version of what they were doing and sent it through their landscape, and it almost looked like smoke or wind with lightening inside. They all started to giggle at the same time and it sounded like they were cheering for me as the sound bounced off of all of them and resonated with their sound... There was a distinct feeling that they were laughing at me. I then, heard inside my head, as if I had somehow filtered an ambassadors voice through my own language(although it seemed like it had to be all of them speaking as one). What they said is, greater things have been done in this place, and I swear I was then kicked out instantly.

I then realized what I thought they were because they were somehow still talking to me but it was now very much like my self. They told me to try something and I cant really go into detail as to why I had this feeling(thats the meat and potatoes and would sound crazier than anything I have said or am about to say). I realized that they were static and outside of my body as well as inside. They are not what I thought they were.
SO they said we will prove it.
Automatically I clenched my fists because I knew what was going to happen. What happened actually kind of freaks me out to this day because I knew what I was doing.
With my fists clenched and knowing they would prove themselves to be more incredible than I had ever imagined. A rush like a current went through my whole body and out into the world and I could feel it reconnecting and facining its self to everything around me..
The night had been silent for about 4 hours and what follows all happened in about 10 seconds and is exactly what I thought was going to happen: The fire start to crackle in a violent way, a dog barks, I hear a train going by, a woman screames at like 3 in the morning as if she is being raped, Then there is a strange loud banging noise, a plane then flys by, the dog barks again, two people get out of a car far away and close both of their doors. The plane and train then quiet as they move further away, then all I was left with was silence and total astonishment. The moment I realized what had just happened and that this pulse was almost over, the fire had a mini explosion that sent an ember flying at my chest, landing on my crotch. It sure as hell did end with a bang. I then contemplated this rush and stared into the sky and saw a shooting star. A pretty brilliant one I might add. I had to edit this shit just because I forgot how many things really did happen in less than 10 seconds.

So, thats the craziest story I will probably ever tell at this site. I just had to tell it, because although this is certainly an oversimplified version of the story, it basically does it justice.
It only weirds me out because I was a part of chance, the fabric of reality and I seem to have become the mathematics behind all living things, behind the atom all thanks to the sound. Me knowing that that was going to happen is simply amazing.

"The world is made of words" takes on a whole new meaning.
So there is a sound that apparently has many different landscapes and depths/functions......

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by (11/19/06 06:39 PM)

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
    #6300159 - 11/19/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Music activates the same reward systems that are stimulated by food, sex and addictive drugs. This is of course why, humans always have and always will, love music.

When I listen to music and i concentrate in a trace like state, i get consecutive surges of electric like sensations shooting through my body. I get goose bumps and some times I start sweating profusely on top of all of that. Ad some LSD to that and... well.... its indescribable.

Infants as young as 2 months old will turn towards pleasant sounds. Many different regions of the b rain respond to the perceptual and emotional aspects of music and the brain alters its self to react more strongly to musical sounds that become meaningful to an individual. Much like muscle memory in learning guitar or typing.

Its proven that musicians have better responses to music and they exhibit a hyperdevolopment of certain areas in their brains.

On acid, music has made me sob like i lost my mother and have a literal organism... with a full on love explosion at the end.. lol.

Music can be colors, sounds, tastes, feelings, emotions, and even tastes. Music is truly a wonderful gift.

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Re: amazing audio anomalies [Re: BlindLemon]
    #6300183 - 11/19/06 06:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Also, yage, you speak of a code. Have u ever listened to a recording of neurons communicating? Its remarkable to think about it, but your brain talks to its self trough a code... a beat if you will. Much like Morris code, like African dumbs, or like the 000001110101010101100 in computers...

Neurons have a distinct clicking sound that come in long and or rapid short clicks.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6300221 - 11/19/06 06:59 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

That last post of yours has alot to do with it.

The computer is just a computer though, so it sounds different than the human brain to the one who is hearing these sounds. Thats a machines interpretation of the sound.

Thats an interesting point though.

Also, the link I posted is sort of a prerequisite to understanding my story to any extent. That is unless you have experienced similare things yourself.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6300224 - 11/19/06 07:00 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

where did you come up with clicking.
have you got plastic neurons, or metal ones?
neurons don't carry sound waves,
but
neurons can dectect sound frequencies via the cochlea, and
neurons can run in in any of millions of squat accurate delay line circuits in the cerebellum, while cerebral and thalamic learning circuits can bind these to enable:
1) singing and dancing
2) moving to music or just enjoying music
3) create music from silence
4) translate music and ideas (like math) back and forth...

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: amazing audio anomalies [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6300243 - 11/19/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I think he is talking about neurons firing and then somehow ran through a computer to make them into audio.

I have never heard those sounds via a computer and they are quite different than what I was talking about. Still, an interesting point.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

#6300379 - 11/19/06 07:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
but
neurons can detect sound frequencies via the cochlea, and
neurons can run in in any of millions of squat accurate delay line circuits in the cerebellum, while cerebral and thalamic learning circuits can bind these to enable:
1) singing and dancing

Yage is correct. I was watching 60 minutes and there was a special on depression. They were preforming surgery on this lady and they stuck a thin metal rod into her brain. The computer was some how translating the action of neurons communicating in mathematical clicks. The doctor was able to tell what portion of the brain he was dealing with due to the nature of the clicks patterns and he also was able to tell that she was low on serotonin.

The doctors stimulated some part of her brain, and immediately she was like "oh my god". She described it as though a heavy weight was lifted off her and colors became twice as saturated as before. Interesting stuff.

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6300391 - 11/19/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

right
Quote:

The computer was some how translating the action of neurons communicating in mathematical clicks.

so this is not the sound of neurons
it was however the sound made by a navigational transducer for a neurosurgeon, which was being described by a video journalist for the american tv viewing audience.

thanks for the clarification.
sigh...

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6300404 - 11/19/06 07:54 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
right
Quote:

The computer was some how translating the action of neurons communicating in mathematical clicks.

it was however the sound made by a navigational transducer for a neurosurgeon, which was being described by a video journalist for the american tv viewing audience.

sigh...

lol. Maybe it was your approach?
sigh......lol

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6300831 - 11/19/06 09:58 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Great description yage! :thumbup:  I've experienced this too.  The way senses and emotions all melt together into each other is fascinating. Sounds really entrance me; listening to music always blows me away. It takes me on a wild journey involving all of the senses; listening to the rain hitting the sunroof in my bed, during an extremely powerful and windy storm while on 3 hits of really good blotter is another experience that really sticks in my mind....it was so incredible....the way everything flowed together was breath-taking and had me completely mezmerized. Talking becomes an amazing experience as well; mushrooms in particular seem to really open up my linguistic faculties to their fullest potential. My friends and I weave incredible tapestries with our conversations while tripping on mushrooms sometimes. It would be interesting to tape these convos sometime and listen to it later.  There's nothing like experiencing it though, I've become so close to people this way...during one in particular my best friend and I became damn-near, if not telepathic.

The sound of silence can be amazing as well; when I read "Those three drugs make me feel like I can hear my brain, and it sounds far more complex than any music I have ever heard, and its all natural/not my purposeful doing because if it was that would be even more amazing.
My brain becomes almost shocked by this electric matrix of harmonies and constantly moving in this complex intertwined way. With mushrooms and ayahuasca, it sounds more like massive collection of entities(Thousands) with musical personalities as they wistle at me, and with those two drugs I sing back to them in my mind and they react and actually cheere for me, and the sounds even explode with color from each little curled up node of information. I am convinced it is some sort of communication with something."
I got all tingly....I've experienced this many times before, and it is beyond amazing. That experience is so deeply intimate and personal.

This is yet another very thought provoking and informative post from you yage.  You bring a lot to the shroomery my friend, thank you and keep 'em coming! :thumbup: :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6300872 - 11/19/06 10:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BlindLemon said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:
but
neurons can detect sound frequencies via the cochlea, and
1) singing and dancing

Yage is correct. I was watching 60 minutes and there was a special on depression. They were preforming surgery on this lady and they stuck a thin metal rod into her brain. The computer was some how translating the action of neurons communicating in mathematical clicks. The doctor was able to tell what portion of the brain he was dealing with due to the nature of the clicks patterns and he also was able to tell that she was low on serotonin.

The doctors stimulated some part of her brain, and immediately she was like "oh my god". She described it as though a heavy weight was lifted off her and colors became twice as saturated as before. Interesting stuff.

Wow man, incredible story! I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

--------------------

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

#6301056 - 11/19/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
right
Quote:

sigh...

I must say, I think it is interesting because It shows us that our brain is very much like a computer... in that out brain could very well use a code of extreme complexity to control our senses, functions, and actions. However humans are so complex that we are actually able to conceive this idea. This gives us personal choice. We understand our own selves there fore we can make basic forms of life (subconsciously modeled after our selves), otherwise known as a computer. Computers are basically a really shitty attempt of humans to create another race...

Yes I think one day we will make robots that can learn and all that.. much like a human. however it will be very long until we will be able to make one that will evolve and be like us. But were on our way, were already starting to map the human genome.

lol I'm really high.

But I really think some think like this because sense were the only animal on this planet with a complex enough CPU or brain to understand our own existence.

Its really simple, the language Terence is talking about is the 1 and the 0, also known as the yin and the yang. Every thing in life has a equal and opposite paradox. Every thing can be broken down into math. we use the decimal system. However thats just an exaggeration of the 0 to 1 system. This has been proben my calculus. Something can only get closer and farther away, but there is never truly and biginning or end. Every thing is infinate.

What is English, Spanish, and human languages. Well think of that like parts of a computer communicating with electricity through wires. Or perhaps language is like the serotonin use to communicate between neurons. :smirk:

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

Edited by BlindLemon (11/19/06 11:19 PM)

Offlinezenotter
 User Gallery

#6304297 - 11/20/06 09:53 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

That was an awesome story Yageman. Thanks for sharing that even though it clearly was a little freaky for you. I think in this forum you can feel pretty safe that nobody is going to think you are crazy, just fortunate for having experienced a connection like that.

Very cool.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies