Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Faith affecting trip?
    #6298494 - 11/19/06 12:19 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I was wondering whether faith has a broad control on a psychedelic trip. You hear many stories of how psychedelics can be spirtual and religious giving you a glimpse of god. Would not having faith negatively affect your trip? If your on an intense trip and you have a vision of god, will I reject it since i have no faith, or will this simply not appear in my trips because of my lack of faith?

Kind of a confusing question but i'd appreciate input.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAjna4201
DidgeridooExtraordinaire
Male

Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: Phishe]
    #6298525 - 11/19/06 12:43 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say all sorts of scenarios are possible. There are just so many variables to take into account...

--------------------

OfflineTigerMtnCrew
PNW Native
Loc: VA
Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: Ajna4201]
    #6298538 - 11/19/06 12:55 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ill honestly say that I have no true faith and it has never effected any of my trips, or at leist anylevel that I have experianced thus far.

InvisibleLou_Weed
Viscious
Female
Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: TigerMtnCrew]
    #6298721 - 11/19/06 03:19 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i think that you have to find faith in yourself, and once you realise that people are gods too than youre trips will become profound

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #6298983 - 11/19/06 08:56 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Well first, determine weather its that you have no faith, or that you dont beleve in organized religion. Im Agnostic, if you want to put a lable on it. I have alot of Faith, but i hold none for most all of organized religion. I have had no negative or non-enlightening experiences on mushies because of what i beleve. Then again, i will only beleve something, untill it is disproven. I have had visions of some kind and powerfull being on a few of my really high dose trips, and if anything, they have shown me something i didnt know about. And because of that, it has left an impression on me. And through all of the trips i have had, my religion evolved from near Atheism to now, Collective Consiousness.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6299080 - 11/19/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Phishe said:
I was wondering whether faith has a broad control on a psychedelic trip. You hear many stories of how psychedelics can be spirtual and religious giving you a glimpse of god. Would not having faith negatively affect your trip? If your on an intense trip and you have a vision of god, will I reject it since i have no faith, or will this simply not appear in my trips because of my lack of faith?

Kind of a confusing question but i'd appreciate input.

Whoooooa broad question.

The thing about faith, is that in modern society it is often inseparable from psychological trickery. The composition of the faith will be entirely different between any 2 individuals. Some forge faith with honesty, some fear, some love, some power.

I think it's pretty much impossible to predict the results of a high-power unknown on an individual. Especially if it lets them think they're seeing god.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#6299098 - 11/19/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

the Truth leaves no room for doubt - it is not something that can be brushed off as an illusion of the mind

as McKenna said of 'real truth', "you can kick the tires and take it for a spin"

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: Lion]
    #6299275 - 11/19/06 12:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

From trip reports I've read, many people seem to interpret effects of their experiences within their chosen faith. I don't think that the effects necessarily differ based on your faith, just your interpretation of them.

Offlineslamdunk
MexicanGang-Banger
    #6299431 - 11/19/06 01:56 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

If anything I believe not having a "faith" would help you lose your ego, that's one less boundary the mushrooms have to take down. But then again, you can say you have no faith but you could be lying, like the saying there are no atheists in fox holes. But really, if you want a profound experince you'll get it no matter what you believe in, or what you think you believe in, as long as you get a high enough dose.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: slamdunk]
    #6299434 - 11/19/06 01:58 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I dont believe in any sort of higher power, but a few times mushrooms have made me doubt in belief in nothing.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#6299470 - 11/19/06 02:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm an atheist who has had, what I consider, "visions of God." It was an interesting hallucination, but other than that, it didn't concern me much. I can understand how a spiritual/religious person might value experiences like these, but for me it was just another sweet visual. I don't think having lack of faith will negatively affect your trip. It may make you wonder "Why am I having religiously oriented visuals?", but that isn't such bad question to ask yourself.

OfflineMandark
Male
Loc: Poland Flag
Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #6299777 - 11/19/06 04:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My friend, who didn't believe in God, felt his presence after drinking some alcohol and smoking marijuana. Since then he's a Catholic and, what's more funny, he's not drinking nor smoking weed because of his religion :laugh:

--------------------
"One might ask why tobacco is legal and marijuana not. A possible answer is suggested by the nature of the crop. Marijuana can be grown almost anywhere, with little difficulty. It might not be easily marketable by major corporations. Tobacco is quite another story." - Noam Chomsky

Edited by Mandark (11/19/06 04:50 PM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: Mandark]
    #6299826 - 11/19/06 05:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

hahaha

--------------------

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Faith affecting trip? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6303920 - 11/20/06 07:39 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Well thanks for all the input, but in the end it seems like something that can only be known when it is encountered.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies