Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams?
    #6303695 - 11/20/06 06:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I rather enjoy my dreams (damn I had a good one last night, it had psychadelic octopuses appearing in my tiny fish tank everytime I left the room.. to the point where the whole tank was just vivid, multicolored octopi).. but I find that if I have been smoking marijuana then I totally lose the ability to remember my dreams the next morning. It has been maybe 5 or 6 days since my last toke and I am able to remember 4 of the dreams that I had last night. If I was smoking pot in those 5-6 days I would remember absolutely nothing, even if I attempted to recall them with much effort.

I think I've been getting other signs to stop toking aswell.. :frown:

Anyone else experience anything similar?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: WScott]
    #6303732 - 11/20/06 06:40 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I havent remember my dreams for the past year or so....
When i take something else :mushroom2:  Ill dream, or if i drink i might dream. ..
but :gethigh: i cant remeber my dreams

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: CerebralFlower]
    #6303769 - 11/20/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CerebralFlower said:
When i take something else :mushroom2:  Ill dream, or if i drink i might dream. ..

Doesn't that bother you?

For me atleast, dreams are something that stand in a league of their own. There is nothing like them and they have the potential for beauty and for the opposite. Not to mention the ability to take a particular dream and make it lucid (I haven't quite gotten this down.. I can only seem to 'influence' the dreams direction, but not actually take part).

--------------------

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #6303909 - 11/20/06 07:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Weed encourages my dreams...at least that's what I believe.  I wake up from a weed sleep and sometimes I'll just lay there and wish I could go back into my dream forever.  I've had some of my best and most vivid dreams while high or with THC in my system, and I don't notice any hindrance on my dreams.  :shrug:

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: Newbie]
    #6304047 - 11/20/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
Weed encourages my dreams...at least that's what I believe.  I wake up from a weed sleep and sometimes I'll just lay there and wish I could go back into my dream forever.  I've had some of my best and most vivid dreams while high or with THC in my system, and I don't notice any hindrance on my dreams.  :shrug:

My friends accounts are similar to yours. They agree with you that marijuana has no effect on their dreams, and to a certain extent they also would say that it has a positive impact on their sleep. Weird.

--------------------

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #6304059 - 11/20/06 08:37 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting post, I experience this exactly as you describe. When I go to bed stoned I may as well have not dreamed at all. When I go to bed sober I can usually recall my dreams quite vividly. So to answer your question, "yes". :smile:

I also have some sleep disturbances (like waking up in a cold sweat) for a few days after I stop smoking.

Offlineyounikrawn
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Corvallis, OR
    #6304174 - 11/20/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

When I first started smoking the Mary Jane it seemed I stopped dreaming on days I smoked. I later got into the habit of smoking a tiny bit right before I went to bed. It definitely acted as a sleep aide, but also made me completely dreamless for almost a year... even when I stopped for a week.

Since my first mushroom trip however, smoking before sleep had no effect, then gradually I started dreaming again. My dreams were sporratic, but after my first Salvia trip my dreams have been nightly with a little toke of the Miss Mary Jane.

--------------------
Don't dream it;be it
===================================

OfflineImperialCactus
Stranger

#6304259 - 11/20/06 09:40 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I always thought it was a fairly common effect. I don't remember many dreams to begin with, but if i've been smoking then i won't remember anything at all. I think it might have something to do with the sleep cycles and getting less REM sleep, but i'm not completely sure about that.

I do notice that if i smoke before i go to sleep i'll usually wake up feeling great the next day, so i can do without the dreams personally.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #6304812 - 11/21/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

absolutely.

i never remember my dreams unless i hadnt smoked at all in the last few days.

if you want to remember your dreams, either take a break from smokin buds, or start smoking calea or mugworts before bed

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6304964 - 11/21/06 03:09 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

MJ kindof makes up for that in that you can dream when you are 'awake'. =)

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #6304967 - 11/21/06 03:12 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

It does me that way too. I don't know why this is, however. :justdontknow:

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
    #6305280 - 11/27/06 04:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ever since i started smoking, i've barely had any dreams, or i just can't remember ANYTHING about them. i like dreaming, too =(

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
    #6305449 - 11/27/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:
Quote:

CerebralFlower said:

Doesn't that bother you?

For me atleast, dreams are something that stand in a league of their own. There is nothing like them and they have the potential for beauty and for the opposite. Not to mention the ability to take a particular dream and make it lucid (I haven't quite gotten this down.. I can only seem to 'influence' the dreams direction, but not actually take part).

Sometimes I wish I could remeber my dreams. Lucid dreaming sounds intresting to me. I had 1 or 2 short lucid dreams. But, it doesnt really bother me that I dont remeber my dreams.
I can always DAYdream :smile:

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

Offlinecrakkattak
Would you testthis pill?
Male User Gallery

Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: CerebralFlower]
    #6306349 - 11/27/06 10:29 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke dope on a regular basis, and I sure can't remember any dreams I have unless it really phases me, which occurs barely ever

--------------------

J-to tha R-O-C Knomsayn!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #6306606 - 11/28/06 12:25 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Likewise with the trend here, marijuana does tend to reduce my capacity for dream memory.  The fact that smoking the weed also tends to make me sleep longer (or else feel more lethargic in the morning), seems to lend additional credence to the hypothesis that the herbs reduce the amount of REM sleep one experiences.  Here's an excerpt from [a document from the Neurophysiology dep't at UC Berkeley]:
Quote:

At least in humans, marijuana causes drowsiness and increases sleeping time. Therefore, it may be useful in treating insomnia. Sleeping patterns definitely change during marijuana use, but the effects are not completely understood. At low doses, some studies do not find any effect at all (McKim 1991). At higher doses, it may interfere with sleep resulting in insomnia and depression of total REM sleep along with total eye movement activity during REM (Tart et al. 1970). Habitual smokers of marijuana may have difficulty getting to sleep. However, the sleep is not of poor quality, or accompanied by nightmares or frequent wakening. Perhaps marijuana would be most helpful in situations where insomnia is not a regular occurrence, but on infrequent occasions at mild doses. That way drowsiness would be induced without severe disturbance of the sleep schedule.

:spliff:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineManicDelirium
MysteriousMycologist TechDeviant

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flawda
Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: geokills]
    #6306676 - 11/28/06 01:14 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ya I agree with geokills, I have seen a few studies done that show that marijuana can reduce overall REM sleep...I also experience this side effect..

Here's an excerpt from PHARMACOLOGICAL REVIEWS by The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics -

G. Insomnia
THC does not differ from conventional hypnotics in reducing rapid eye movement (REM) sleep (136). THC in doses ranging from 61 to 258 *g/kg produces in normal subjects increments in stage 4 sleep and decrements in REM sleep, but without the characteristic REM rebound which follows chronic treatment with hypnotics. When THC was administered p.o. as a solution in doses of 10, 20, and 30 mg, our subjects fell asleep faster after having mood alterations consistent with a "high." Some degree of "hangover" the day following was noted from larger doses (42). Another sleep laboratory study showed that a dose of 20 mg of THC given p.o. decreased REM sleep. After four to six nights of use, abrupt discontinuation of THC produced mild insomnia but not marked REM rebound (52). REM rebound may not be apparent after low doses of THC. However, very high doses (70 to 210 mg) reduced REM sleep during treatment and were followed by marked REM rebound after withdrawal (48).

The sleep produced by THC does not seem to differ much from that of most currently used hypnotics. Side effects before sleep induction as well as hangover effects make the drug less acceptable than currently popular benzodiazepines. It seems unlikely that THC will supplant existing hypnotics in treatment of insomnia.

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" --long live the great Gonzo

Edited by ManicDelirium (11/28/06 01:25 AM)

OfflineOddEye

Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: ManicDelirium]
    #6308822 - 11/28/06 07:51 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have always dreamed a lot and had a very strong control over my dream, but apparently whenever I take marijuana in a not too medium dose, I can't recall my dream. When I don't take a lot or not, I can simply recall them the normal way. But when I take a lot, they are intense realistic fucked up bad situation or nightmare.

--------------------
I'm at the highest peak, still glad the meak is understandin' me
Artillery, thoughts of killin' me is just a fantasy
The man in me is ready for war, like Holyfield-Tyson IV

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: OddEye]
    #6308863 - 11/28/06 08:01 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

whenever quitting, I get the most vibrant dreams and can recall minute details for days after.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinepurplegreens
peaceful
Female User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: ManicDelirium]
    #6318209 - 11/29/06 09:12 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Now that you say this, I can't recall remembering a dream in a long while. I used to be really involved with my dreams too, write everything down when I woke up. I love to dream.

--------------------

All I know is something like a bird within her sang

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Does marijuana effect anyones ability to recall dreams? [Re: kotik]
    #6319442 - 11/29/06 08:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:
whenever quitting, I get the most vibrant dreams and can recall minute details for days after.

same here. not just vibrant, but really fucked up. makes me think that marijuana smoking is subduing something really wrong in my unconscious mind. gotta keep that shit down there, you know :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract