Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, pH Test Strips, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebutimafungi
Stranger
First time post and questions ....
    #6303557 - 11/20/06 07:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To start off with id like to thank this board for being here ... getting back into the hobby it makes me wish id looked for something like this before thanks to all those who contribute valuable info

well my problem is ive fully grown own Rye cased it with straight verm and got AMAZING pin sets ... like 300-400 pins on the best two 9x13 trays (each with 4 jars) The majority of them stayed small and are still around some abhorting others just looking stunted. I have harvested roughly a 1/2 oz dry so far but whats up with the mass pinning and mass failure to develop. Also on the casings like above some of the mushrooms look perfect while others (trying to get a pic) have some have this brownish/gold color on the stem that in some is splotchy in little dots and the other has like rings going up the stem that are like very sharp squiggly lines (imagine an EQ)it dosent sound good i know so id like an unbiased opinion and am working on pics

Also the fruits i just harvested i noticed my two older trays have patches of very heavy blue on everything in said patch. It covers all the mycellium (or could be the myc) and the mushrooms (the smaller immature from above) are almost completley blue.I know myc and mush bruise blue but ive never really seen this in pics or heard of it so just wondering. with a q tip nothing comes off and it dosent move or anything.

any help on these is greatly appreciated and thanks so much for all youve already done

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: First time post and questions .... [Re: butimafungi]
    #6303575 - 11/20/06 07:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like your cased rye just ran out of nutrients to support that large of a pinset. spawning to a bulk substrate solves that problem. as for the blueing, i would just keep an eye on it and see if it spreads or changes color more, then take pics and post them in the contam forum. happy growing

--------------------
----------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: First time post and questions .... [Re: odium33]
    #6303832 - 11/20/06 09:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes pics would be really helpful

OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: First time post and questions .... [Re: Blutjager]
    #6303882 - 11/20/06 09:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sounds to me like you need some more moisture in there, but pics are always nice.

--------------------

Offlinehfactor
Enthusiast
 User Gallery
Re: First time post and questions .... [Re: Eraserhead]
    #6303942 - 11/20/06 09:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It could be so many things. The ph could be off, which is a big one, make sure you buffer the PH of the substrate and casing layers. I also buffer all the water I use with the correct ph. The FAE might not be enough which causes alot of aborts. The substrate depth might not be thick enough, anything under 1.5 inches is a nono. The substrate might not be moist enough.... who knows?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, pH Test Strips, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation