Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDemilanceata
shnoob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Finland
First grow. First flush at hand, posting growlog now. (Updated 5.12.2006 - 2nd & 3rd flushes)
    #6298792 - 11/19/06 05:31 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Here we go, I got the whole idea right after becoming interested in psychedelics and found Finnish shroom forum  Taikasieniforums. Right after that someone guided me to Shroomery, and since then I sent letter to FSRE and started learning everything I just could fit into my head.

At first I was planning only to follow PF Tek but then I kinda got interested of using popcorn, as few Finnish cultivators had have some great success with it. So I decided I'll do both PF Cakes and popcorn casings.

I had all items ready at 19.10 which is exactly a month ago. I baked a few cakes and prepared my spore syringe from P. Cubensis Mexicana print FSRE sent me. I also prepared a few LC's from the leftovers for the popcorn. I inoculated the cakes at the following morning.

At 23th day there was still no significant growth noticeable in the pf jars, so I got kinda worried about them and started preparing few liters of popcorn for my casings.

25th day I sterilized my popcorn jars (4x 0.5 liters) in normal cooker as I didn't have a PC (not that I have had money to buy one since then, still working without one =( ) and inoculated them in the morning with some LC I prepared in the beginning.

First of this month I noticed some growth in popcorn jars and PF Cakes still looked like crap :frown: 

2nd of this month I tossed out all the PF jars, they smelled foul and still had almost no growth at all, I was still confident about the popcorn.

6th of this month I cased first two jars of popcorn.

They looked quite a bit more colonized in live than they look in the pic though, I'm not good with my camera, and it sucks, too.

I cased the next two jars in the following day. I used 0.85 liter baking baking trays as containers, and straight verm as casing layer.

9th day I dug out the first two casings and put them into the PMP I had built earlier. 

I know PMP ain't the best possible solution for fruiting casings, but it had to do as I spent crap loads of $$$ for the required ingredients  :laugh:
Birthed the next two casings in the following day, which was 10th.
I also decided to try not to patch the first two casings, and try patching the next two so I could compare my results.

I noticed that mycelium kept on growing a few days after placing them in FC, and the growth was a lot more aggressive in the patched casings, which I just couldn't explain with any reasons :frown:

Casings in 13th day.

I noticed the first actual pins at 16th day, which is three days ago and was pretty damn glad about the fact. But pretty much all the pins were in the casings I did not patch, and which had less overlay in general.

17th day  (I'm truly sorry of these pics, just didn't have enough light nor courage to take the casings out of FC for photos)

18th day 

And today =)) 19th

First two casings are the ones I did not patch and lot less overlay. The second two had crap loads of overlay, and the last one does not seem to make more than couple mushrooms, if even that.

Going to try scraping off the overlay and patching them well. And only patching huge holes in the first two.

I haven't picked 'em up yet, waiting for few more hours to see some more breaking veils to get more weight. =) I'll report back here as soon as I harvest, though.

editing: fixed image spacings.

--------------------

Edited by Demilanceata (12/05/06 01:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: First grow. First flush at hand, posting growlog now. [Re: Demilanceata]
    #6298823 - 11/19/06 06:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Nice stuff. I love popcorn, but still mess with wbs from time to time. Seems to me also that popcorn colonize faster. But, I do simmer mine in coffee before loading into jars.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: First grow. First flush at hand, posting growlog now. [Re: FungusMan]
    #6298861 - 11/19/06 06:55 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Really nice save! 5 shrooms to you. Great work.

As to your overlay, patching will work. After you harvest, just lightly recase and put away for a few days, then rebirth.

During fruiting try to increase your FAE,reduce the Co2 buildup, and the myc should settle down.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineDemilanceata
shnoob
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow. First flush at hand, posting growlog now. [Re: Civ]
    #6298873 - 11/19/06 07:16 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the tips and comments :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedrfting07
Stranger

#6299248 - 11/19/06 12:03 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

damn i need to look into doing an LC now. Great work!

OfflineDemilanceata
shnoob
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow. First flush at hand, posting growlog now. [Re: drfting07]
    #6301699 - 11/20/06 03:38 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I just finished harvesting the first two casings. Those are what they looked right before todays harvest :] I had already picked up a few mature ones last night though.

First casing gave 48.35g wet and second gave 54.70g wet. I'm quite satisfied for my first grow :smile:

edit:

Third casing starting to look a little better now, too.

--------------------

Edited by Demilanceata (11/20/06 03:57 AM)

OfflineDemilanceata
shnoob
Male User Gallery

#6335190 - 12/05/06 01:45 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

They both gave ~50-55g wet.

2nd flush:

During the second flush my scale was broken and I couldn't measure wet weight. But dry weight varied from 4.2g to 5.1g from each casing. Ending to average of ~4.6g dry per casing.

3rd flush:

Third flush was/is weak, I dunked all the casings for good time and now waiting if fourth flush would produce any mushies at all.

--------------------

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
    #6335266 - 12/05/06 02:30 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Very nice grow!

OfflineTahoe58
adapt.....orperish.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mongolia
Re: First grow. First flush at hand, posting growlog now. [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6335416 - 12/05/06 05:34 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

nicely done...congratulations!  continued good luck in your future efforts. :rastamon:

--------------------
Its all about perspective.....spend more time "being, less time "doing"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck