Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAddict
addict

Pins aborted and Cake Contams! =(
    #629324 - 05/13/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Alrighty well my friend's hamster's dog recently started cultivation and started off with the Thailand Koh Samui. He used the PF Tek/MMGG and had great sucess all 12 jars were 100% colonized 100% healthy. 7 cakes were put into the terranium and fruited at different times. Some cakes had flushed twice the cakes were being dunked between flushes and averaged around 2.5-3 dry grams per a flush. With 2 cakes they were cased into a straight verm casing and was sucessful in that as well and it was put into a seperate terranium. With 3 cakes they were cased with 50/50 and half the casing contamed (signs of cob web and green mold) so half was cut out and the rest was patched over and sprayed with water and h2o2, then placed in the other terranium with the other 7 HEALTHY cakes which were fruiting. Days went by everything seemed fine. Cakes were still producing pins. However sooner or later pins seemed to form but they did not mature they just stoped and began to abort for no reason?! No sweat so jsut went with the flow and left everything the way it was.

After awhile a small greenish blue spot was noticeable on one cake. He figured it was brusing from dunking since the cake had been dunked the day before and thought nothing of it. Turned out it spread throughout the cake and then to other cakes! 6 cakes infact! They still produced pins but aborted quickly! Keeping them from maturing, there was no contam smell either. All 6 cakes were then immediatly put to death and trashed, however the half tray casing of 50/50 was healthy. One cake was also healthy and showed no signs execpt 2 little spots of green which were cleaned very quickly with h2o2 and then disappeared.

The casings soon showed a bit of distinct green mold not like the ones on the cakes, the green parts were cut out and sprayed/cleaned in attempt to save it! Now theres 1 cake and the half casing left in there, 6 cakes trashed gone totally. The one cake was beginning to form nice pins which seemed to be maturing until today.. They stunted grow and aborted and the same green spots started to appear so the cake was thrown out.

Question is this what caused this did the casing send contams when it was put in the terranium? Half the casing was contamed the other clean half which was put in showed no signs until days after being in there. What could of happened? Has anyone had this happen it really SUCKS !!!!! Keep in mind the half casing is in there still alone with 0 contam signs looking very healthy showing hyphnal knots and should pin soon(hopefully) and also the terranium was cleaned after the cakes showed signs wiped down with bleach and sprayed with lysol.

What should my friend do any advice help anything! would help it stinks to see 7 cakes get tossed when they all colonized 100% well and healthy on his first grow attempt as well so sterile conditions were very very conducted

thank you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomasta
Stranger
Re: Pins aborted and Cake Contams! =( [Re: Addict]
    #629543 - 05/13/02 05:40 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I have had a similar experiance, I lost about 5 percent of my rye jars initally not includeing the 6 (of about 21) contaminated syringes that I got from the Hawks eye for which I still have not received replacements. Anyway, the prints I received were 100 percent contam free. Anyway, these numbers were correct until I replaced the metal jar lid with a layer of toilet paper to increase air exchange after they were fully colonized, soon after I noticed that same blue/green mold appear in just those two jars. I suppose I should have dipped them in H202 before hand but it was a worth while experament. I does however make me a little nervous to birth the cakes on top of the jars after dunking them. The problem I'm haveing is that its been 12 days since I tried to go from full colonization to pins, and still no pins, is this normal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures