Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
fruiting questions
    #629218 - 05/13/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

in order for a cake to fruit, optimum contitions must be met. temps around 75-85, humidity around 90, and light must be introduced. correct? and last, the cake must be fully colonized. correct? so when a cake has completely colonized, THEN the only growth left for the mycilia to go is into the creation of mushrooms. right? cuz there isnt any where else to grow, since the cake is already covered. just wanted to get this strait. cuz i got a casing that is fully colonized. and the only direction to grow is upward. but the only thing growing upwards is more mycilia. like it's trying to over run the manure used for casing. does the cover have to get colonized before it fruits? or shouldn't little pins be popping up through the top? thanks to any help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

Re: fruiting questions [Re: dalorean]
    #629239 - 05/13/02 01:05 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You don't want the mycelia to "fully colonize" the casing per se. It should be permeated with lots of rhizo's. If you let the mycelia overgrow the casing it will be fairly hard to get it to pin. With casings you should keep the RH around 95-100% until the mycelia pins. Once it pins, then drop your RH to 90%. Maybe the problem is that the mycelia is finding your casing layer as a good source of nutrients, therefore the fungus is colonizing rather than pinning.
Your temp sounds about right though. Try to keep it around the high 70's. Good luck to ya!

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Offlinedalorean
Re: fruiting questions [Re: StainBlue]
    #629264 - 05/13/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

don't want to be a pain, but i lost you on "dont let the casing fully colonize PER SE?" and on "...permiated w/ lots of rhizo's" may i ask what a rhizo is? cuz you see, i have a GT cake that i put into a bucket w/ tons of watersoaked toilet paper and sealed w/ plastic wrap. the cake was not fully colonized. only a little bit on one side needed to grow. its been in the flowering chamber for 4 days, and the mycelia just keeps growing over the un-colonized area. since the cake has been introduced a fruit inducing condition, wouldn't that trigger the growth into mushrooms? cuz its still growing over the rice. But, the growth since in the chamber has been fluffier and more bally, if you know what i mean.

Offlinedalorean
    #631604 - 05/15/02 11:23 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

anybody?

OfflineXray_Salami
    #631655 - 05/15/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I am pretty sure he means don't let it all become mycelium to the point where it looks like a big cake. I tried to case once and didn't read enough, and that's what happened. It became one big brick of mycelium. Never fruited...

It did go on to have babies though. I used it for mycelium water.

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #631896 - 05/15/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, manure isn't ideal for a casing layer. You mix the mycelia
into the manure, and let it take it over, then add a little straight
verm on top for a casing layer. The casing shouldn't be nutritious
it just holds moisture available for the casing and protects
the casing from the elements.
Hope that helps.
Free Spore Ring

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom