Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Hygrometer, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Shopping list
    #629120 - 05/13/02 01:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello to all you people I am a newbie and have been reading for a few months and feel its time to start my little operation. Im going to be using a medium sized rubbermaid for fruiting with cased baking pans. I wil cover the bottom with 2 inches of wet perlite for humidifacation. I will also be using a heating pad for temprature control. I was reall conserned with this as a heat source. Do they work reliably or should I try something else? I will be doing birdseed in quarts and maybe some invirtro 1/2 pints for fun. Anyhow enough of my rambling heres my shopping list let me know if i forgot anything:

heating pad
2 hand mister bottle
highest millet content birdseed
50/50 casing soil (peat based)
small piece of clear plexi glass
silicone caulk
light source(small floro fixture)
case of quart jars wide mouth
case of half pints wide mouth
brown rice flour
2 bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide
2 bottle of rubbing alcohol
lysol disenfect spray
cotton balls

I think i covered pretty much every basic thing I might need. Any advice or tips would be nice. Thanks again and reply ASAP as i will be goin shopping in a few hours.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shopping list [Re: ToughChoice]
    #629143 - 05/13/02 01:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I dont have time to go over your list in details but i'll go over two things for you.

I think there is a product, Jiffy Mix, which is 50/50+.

Also, scrap the heating pads and buy a decent aquarium heater. Setup a incubator like this or this.

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Hygrometer, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation