Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePigsarefood
Never too old to learn
I'm a teapot
Loc: PNW
cyans!
    #6290319 - 11/16/06 03:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

all of my endevours have finally paid off haha..
im supposed to be *sick* today, but instead i just took a walk to this park by my house

the cyans

Could these possibly be libs? ive done a bit of searching and im about 50/50 on it

also, would it be wise for me to eat the blacked cyans? im thinking no, but just checking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: cyans! [Re: Pigsarefood]
    #6290334 - 11/16/06 03:20 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

second group looks like the psathyrellas that have been comming up all over here in the bay.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #6290336 - 11/16/06 03:21 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

your new here so ill go easy on ya, but USE SCISSORS!!!!
tearing them from the ground destroys the mycelium and they eventualy wont grow back. clip them from the ground at soil level, DONT PULL.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: cyans! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #6290435 - 11/16/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

cyans... very nice :thumbup:
shame u had to brutalise the patch though...

libs... not im afraid.

--------------------
View My Gallery

InvisiblePigsarefood
Never too old to learn
I'm a teapot
Re: cyans! [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6290507 - 11/16/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

oh i didnt know that, ill be sure and use scissors next time! there are still a bunch of pins that i left out there

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
    #6290767 - 11/16/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

they looked like you picked them in the grass. If so then you DONT NEED SCISSORS. These people act like protectors of the cyan

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisiblePigsarefood
Never too old to learn
I'm a teapot
Re: cyans! [Re: tahoe]
    #6291406 - 11/16/06 08:02 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

the cyans wernt in grass, in a woody embankment

what do you think about the black ones? good, bad?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #6291538 - 11/16/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Pigsarefood said:
what do you think about the black ones? good, bad?

rotten :scat:

and if u ask "are they still good?"
i will answer "would u eat rotten food?"

its the same deal, food poisoning sucks.

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
    #6291569 - 11/16/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

imo    the black ones arent good / bad necessarily        just munch and Enjoy!    :mushroom2:

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
    #6291594 - 11/16/06 08:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Lmao- rotten?? i dunno if i would go that far, I mean- maybe those cyans are different in how you can eat them but some of the copes Ive found like that didnt treat me bad at all

InvisiblePigsarefood
Never too old to learn
I'm a teapot
Re: cyans! [Re: cube428]
    #6291631 - 11/16/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

well there getting dried anyway

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #6291843 - 11/16/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

you can get away with eating rotten fruit and vegies sometimes too, but would you go for it? mushrooms are no different.

[edit: spelling]

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (11/17/06 11:53 AM)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #6291877 - 11/16/06 09:38 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cube428 said:
Lmao- rotten?? i dunno if i would go that far, I mean- maybe those cyans are different in how you can eat them but some of the copes Ive found like that didnt treat me bad at all

copes = not cyans

Quote:

i was just curious because ive heard rotten(black) mushrooms cause severe stomach pains and vomitting.

Quote:

They could be rotten, and they could just be covered in spores, or they may be infected with bacteria.

from
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Forum3&Number=4875583

both in response to the kids black cyans.

MJ once stated, that drying kills bacteria infected mushrooms, but still suggests not picking them or eating them.

I wouldnt. and yes i would go as far as to call them rotten, cause they probably are.

all the mushrooms in his photos are fine.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #6291897 - 11/16/06 09:42 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

drying will only kill some bacteria, and it will not degrade the all of the toxins many food bourne illness causing organisms produce.

--------------------

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: cyans! [Re: canid]
    #6292643 - 11/17/06 01:09 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ok, i just wanna say that is a nice patch you found and all man:thumbup:, but that is very big dissapointment in the way you ripped them out of the ground like that tearing up the mycelia :thumbdown:. doing that will eventually kill the patch, for future reference. dont do that:nonono:
just learn from this mistake
peeeace :peace:

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: cyans! [Re: tahoe]
    #6292681 - 11/17/06 01:23 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:These people act like protectors of the cyan

first its the "gay area" now this? you have a very "im better than you" attitute, when it comes to hunting.

like seriously dude, good finds, but where does that sign you up to be better than everyone else cause the kind u find isnt as picky about clipping?

we dont act like anything but what we are, no ones trying to be a protector or a gaurdian for these things, but if its possible to stop people from destroying patches they will/do/could share with others, then why shouldnt we?

no wonder your so blessed with how much better you are than us tahoe. :rolleyes:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #6292942 - 11/17/06 04:03 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldnt worry about food poisoning from an old or degraded mushroom - i dont really think there are many serious bacterial contaminants that would cause you considerable harm - most of the bad ones are found in meat and its the toxins they produce while active that are the problem - so even if you dry what ever it is, if the toxins are still present you will still get food poisoning.
In all my time though ive never ONCE seen someone I know get sick from eating a slightly old looking mushroom from the wild.

Not pulling them out is good advice. Just cut them and your certain to increase patch yields.

--------------------

OfflinePincushion
And I stillhaven't foundwhat I'm lookingfor....

Loc: Oregon
Re: cyans! [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #6293231 - 11/17/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Toss the blackies, dose the goodies and go back when the pins mature for more. Good find BTW!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: cyans! [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #6293680 - 11/17/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

you know, i hear this all the time. there is no good evidence to support this notion that picking in this manner kills patches. you know what does kill patches? trampling them. aside from intentional iradication, that's the only thing i've seen cause serious harm. even a thorough raping by overzealous kids, where actualy significant amounts of spawn is removed will not generaly do damage that is not recoverable by the next season.

it's like claiming you will eventualy die from the cumulative effect of paper cuts. pathogenic infection is a possibility, but honestly, mechanicaly induced trauma is more likely to lead to this in most organisms and i have a feeling mushrooms are little different.

so to all you cyan nazis out there [not nessecarily you hoop, sorry to rant], can it. be respectful, encourage others to be respectful, but don't go off and shwag others for minor offences.

peace,
a concerned student who cares about the views we communicate to new enthusiasts.

[edit: edited for politeness and temper]

--------------------

Edited by concretefeet (11/17/06 12:01 PM)

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #6293822 - 11/17/06 12:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

concretefeet said:
there is no good evidence to support this notion that picking in this manner kills patches. you know what does kill patches? trampling them. aside from intentional iradication, that's the only thing i've seen cause serious harm. even a thorough raping by overzealous kids, where actualy significant amounts of spawn is removed will not generaly do damage that is not recoverable by the next season.

in santa cruz i used to have 5 or 6 cyan patches, until i made the mistake of telling one or two people. then i was left with only one.

why ???? u might ask.
cause they pulled them from the ground in an attempt to be quick and the cyans never grew back.

Offlineoregon97103
Student
Male User Gallery
    #6294000 - 11/17/06 01:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats! have fun!

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #6294584 - 11/17/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

concretefeet said:
you know, i hear this all the time. there is no good evidence to support this notion that picking in this manner kills patches. you know what does kill patches? trampling them. aside from intentional iradication, that's the only thing i've seen cause serious harm. even a thorough raping by overzealous kids, where actualy significant amounts of spawn is removed will not generaly do damage that is not recoverable by the next season.

Here's what gets me:
I figured, if cutting is the general rule for harvesting wild mushrooms, it will be consistent with harvesting cultivated mushrooms....
I did this the first time, and the remains of the stipe turned brown/black, and began to rot. I dug out the rotten segments, and decided I best pull them out. They came off of the substrate surprisingly easily, and without the negative aspect of rot.

I talked to me friend about this (a fairly experienced cultivator) and he said something along the lines of "what? Oh, I've never heard of that rule. I always just pluck my flushes, and they grow back fine."

So what's all that about??? I'm starting to agree that this long held conviction concerning harvesting method may hold little or no bearing.
An what i mean by "little" is that, perhaps some species with particularly strong mycelium should not be yanked on, but that the majority of mushrooms are unaffected.

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #6294937 - 11/17/06 06:46 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

that's the reason, you're sure? how did you test this?

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #6295174 - 11/17/06 08:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

concretefeet said:
that's the reason, you're sure? how did you test this?

My thoughts exactly. Can't infer that plucking the shrooms caused them to discontinue fruiting. There are many things that could attribute to the lack of growth.

What about that one patch? Why did it continue to fruit? Did you not tell your friends about the remaining patch?

--------------------

OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: cyans! [Re: CureCat]
    #6295176 - 11/17/06 08:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

.even a thorough raping by overzealous kids, where actually significant amounts of spawn is removed will not generally do damage that is not recoverable by the next season.

True its hard to kill a patch.....but you sure as hell can effect its seasonal performance.....pulling cyans is WRONG...it DOES do horrendous damage, it wouldn't kill you if i cut off your foot, but your performance sure as hell would be poor.
Quote:

CureCat said:
Here's what gets me:
I figured, if cutting is the general rule for harvesting wild mushrooms, it will be consistent with harvesting cultivated mushrooms.....

Cutting is the conscientious for Cyans.....Twisting while pulling is standard for cubes....they are totally different beasts.

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: cyans! [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #6295202 - 11/17/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ESanceOfCyan said:
Quote:

CureCat said:
Here's what gets me:
I figured, if cutting is the general rule for harvesting wild mushrooms, it will be consistent with harvesting cultivated mushrooms.....

Cutting is the conscientious for Cyans.....Twisting while pulling is standard for cubes....they are totally different beasts.

That is fine. I'm extending my scrutiny towards the method applied to all mushrooms in general.

--------------------

Offlinekron_weed
Hobby Mycologist
Male

Loc: Vancouver
    #6295339 - 11/17/06 09:10 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

okay, im no offical "guardian of the cyan" but i can tell u that u can only pull the mushroom out of the ground ripping mycelium for 2 reasons,

1. - to keep the mycelium butts for inocculating other patches. of
course don't obliterate a whole patch, only a few should do. and
see the cardboard spawn post in the forum, good advice about how
to incubate wood-loving mycelium

2. - u happen to be walking in the park to see the garden of eden and
happen not to have scissors. even so, if u can help it, with one
hand grab the base of the stem, and with the other twist and rip
it off.

happy shrooming, and one thing i do for good karma is whenever i take prints, i bury the sporeprint somewhere with a suitable habitat. (of course this means pretending to drop a bunch of change in the parking lot of mcdonalds or something..lol)

--------------------
"god is a plant, known as the earth"
- One smart mutherfucker

Offlinekron_weed
Hobby Mycologist
Male

Loc: Vancouver
Re: cyans! [Re: kron_weed]
    #6295347 - 11/17/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

oya, and blackend cyans in my opinion are fair game, however they tend to really upset ur stomach tho...just my opinion

--------------------
"god is a plant, known as the earth"
- One smart mutherfucker

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: cyans! [Re: kron_weed]
    #6295552 - 11/17/06 10:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

secure the cap and stem in your left hand, pinch with the nail of your right thumb and side of your index at the base of the mushroom. tada! doesnt upset the patch either. no need for woodchips, 2 cyan stems (can even be bone dry and then rehydrated and will still work) will start 10 lbs of spawn.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #6295957 - 11/18/06 01:28 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Okay... have you ever picked P. cubensis or P. subbalteatus?? Well, the mushrooms themselves can be plucked very easily from the mycelial roots without damage. The roots are very loosely fastened to the base of the stipe.

I am assuming that P. cyanescens are different. That the fruiting body seems an extension of the roots, and that pulling it up, would pull up colonized substrate and the roots alike, damaging the mycelium network?

I am starting to realize, that many Fungi do not grow with such tough roots, and that plucking them from their roots, does no damage to the patch itself. I could be wrong.

--------------------

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #6295965 - 11/18/06 01:33 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CureCat said:
Okay...  have you ever picked P. cubensis or P. subbalteatus??  Well, the mushrooms themselves can be plucked very easily from the mycelial roots without damage.  The roots are very loosely fastened to the base of the stipe.

I am assuming that P. cyanescens are different.  That the fruiting body seems an extension of the roots, and that pulling it up, would pull up colonized substrate and the roots alike, damaging the  mycelium network? 

I am starting to realize, that many Fungi do not grow with such tough roots, and that plucking them from their roots, does no damage to the patch itself.  I could be wrong.

i think u hit the nail on the head :wink:

--------------------
View My Gallery

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: cyans! [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6297226 - 11/18/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i always pick cyans from the ground with my fingers, but i always always make sure to pinch the stem and break it off rather than ripping it up from the ground, hence, ripping up the mycelia as well. :smirk:

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom