Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshamania
Stranger
help a newbie.. no mycelium.. expose holes?
    #6280955 - 11/13/06 11:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys.. so I got some brf sterilized env. and I innocd them and its been like 5 days and I see nothing.. Im wondering if Im doing something wrong.. Im double tubbing... i have a thermometer set at 82 and the temp is holding.. mine are doing nothing.. They are upside down though with foil over them.. should I take the foil off and expose the holes? in the tub so a tiny bit of air get to them? Maybe thats it.. I dunno.. newbie needs help.. Thanks guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
Re: help a newbie.. no mycelium.. expose holes? [Re: shamania]
    #6280997 - 11/13/06 11:43 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

How did you prepare the jars prior to inoculation?

I've only turned my jars upside down to encourage stubborn parts of the bottom of cakes to finish colonizing. Honestly, you also don't need that tin foil over them. You should have a dry layer of verm covering the top of each jar, and that does a nice job of keeping contams out. The tin foil is mostly to keep more water out of the jar while you're PC'ing them.

Offlineshamania
Stranger
Re: help a newbie.. no mycelium.. expose holes? [Re: etam]
    #6281023 - 11/13/06 11:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I bought them pre sterilized and ready to shoot from ..( not sure if i can post) but i know they are popular for growing them super super fast.. tI shook the syringe too before I shot.. I was really steril.. with bleach water, lysol, alcohol and flame too..

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6281094 - 11/14/06 12:04 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes spores just take a while to germinate. I've waited 10-12 days before.

If I were you, I'd pull the tin foil off and turn the jars right side up inside the incubator. I'm honestly not sure if turning them right side up and removing the tin foil will increase your chances of success, but I don't see any reason why it would hinder it. It's probably a personal preference; perhaps someone more experienced should jump in, but that's my two cents.

InvisibleToTheExtreme, LOL
That Bug up yourAss
Male

Loc: Where there's fresh powde...
    #6281103 - 11/14/06 12:05 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

it isn't unheard of for spores to take 5-7 days to germinate.  PF jars are always slower anyway IMO.  wait it out.  if you get to day 10 and there's still no growth, then you might have a problem.  if you saved some spores, try making your own jars.  that'll save you a lot of money in the long run.  you don't even need a pressure cooker for the PF tek! :wink:

--------------------

What can I say??? I like this shit!!
You've been slissed!
despisedicon said:
We all know the reasons why 50 Cent and Korn are gay faggots. You suck at life and I'm not talking about the board game fella.

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: help a newbie.. no mycelium.. expose holes? [Re: ToTheExtreme, LOL]
    #6281121 - 11/14/06 12:10 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

slissbox said:
it isn't unheard of for spores to take 5-7 days to germinate.  PF jars are always slower anyway IMO.  wait it out.  if you get to day 10 and there's still no growth, then you might have a problem.  if you saved some spores, try making your own jars.  that'll save you a lot of money in the long run.  you don't even need a pressure cooker for the PF tek! :wink:

Agreed.  It's really very easy to make your own PF jars.  In a nutshell you just mix some stuff together, lightly spoon it into your jars, cover with dry verm, put the lids on, cover with tinfoil, and PC them.

OfflineZogby
This is Sussudio
Male

Re: help a newbie.. no mycelium.. expose holes? [Re: etam]
    #6287810 - 11/15/06 10:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I'm 6 days in with PF jars and in the last day i saw explosive growth in most of my jars. it just takes a while to germinate i guess.

--------------------

"We know where they (Weapons of Mass Destruction) are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."

-Donald Rumsfeld

Offline81Renaissance
Mad Scientist
Male

#6288002 - 11/15/06 11:06 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know about PF tek, but when I was incubating my rye, I had almost zero growth untill I read a post stating that the mycelium needed to breathe...I sterilized my glove box and uncovered the holes then covered the lid with a double coffee filter...tyvek would have been better from a sterile standpoint, but I didn't have access to any...in the following THREE DAYS my jars EXPLODED...and I have since moved on to spawning to c/poo. I am a big believer in letting the myc breathe.

--------------------
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

Offlineshamania
Stranger
Re: help a newbie.. no mycelium.. expose holes? [Re: 81Renaissance]
    #6289471 - 11/16/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe im not putting enough spore solution in my pf jars.. Is 1-1.5 cc enough for each jar?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #6289491 - 11/16/06 11:50 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shamania said:
Hey guys.. so I got some brf sterilized env. and I innocd them and its been like 5 days and I see nothing.. Im wondering if Im doing something wrong.. Im double tubbing... i have a thermometer set at 82 and the temp is holding.. mine are doing nothing.. They are upside down though with foil over them.. should I take the foil off and expose the holes? in the tub so a tiny bit of air get to them? Maybe thats it.. I dunno.. newbie needs help.. Thanks guys.

Do yourself a favor and relax remember patience is a virtue! BTW you don't need any gas exchange until the spores have germinated and have begun to grow out. GL bro

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale