Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Democrat Control Means Hate Bill Will Pass
    #6286725 - 11/15/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I hate democrats and I Hate HATE LAWS!

http://blog.myspace.com/darthchaosofrspw

For the past eight years, the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith has tried unsuccessfully to pass its Orwellian Federal "anti-hate" bill. It has failed largely for one reason: Republican control of Congress.

Repeatedly, Republican opponents of their hate bill, such as Rep. Roy Blunt and Sen. Bill Frist have been able, with Republican congressional backing, to block passage.

With Democrats now in control, such freedom-saving clout no longer exists. ADL's federal thought crimes bill, "The Local Law Enforcement Enhancement Act," will be reintroduced soon after January 1. Since no Democrat in Congress has ever voted against the hate bill, it will pass. Pres. Bush has said he will sign a "modified" hate bill. If he does, free speech in America will quickly come to an end.

Spreading Net of Thought Crime Laws

Today, from Canada to California, to Europe and Australia, ADL-inspired "thought crime" laws are stripping nations of free speech. In Canada and many European countries, it is a crime punishable by heavy fines and even imprisonment to make use of the internet to criticize federally protected groups, such as homosexuals and Muslims.

A top Canadian "hate laws" senior policy advisor recently described the power of her country's "speech crime" tribunal courts: "The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal is a quasi-judicial body. It can force a web to shut down or risk a $10,000 fine--$20,000 in extreme cases. If one ignores the Tribunal, one can be tried in federal court for contempt, and risk a 9-month jail sentence for a first-time offense." (Karen Izzard, quoted in Jewish Tribune, Sept. 21, 2006)

English-Turkish cyber-hate expert Prof. Yaman Akdeniz, speaking at a B'nai B'rith conference on how to end dissent on the net, rejoices that David Irving is behind bars. He said "continental European countries such as Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Hungary, Austria and Belgium have strong anti-hate laws, which have resulted in the imprisonment of hate-mongers. In Holland, 657 websites were removed. And in Germany, more than 700 hate websites were shut down." (ibid)

In England, two men who publicly described Islam as a "wicked faith" were indicted under Britain's anti-hate law and are fighting to avoid seven years in prison. The ADL-influenced British hate law stipulates that truth cannot be admitted as evidence in court. Only the complaints by members of specially protected groups who say their feelings have been hurt will be allowed. David Irving languishes in an Austrian prison primarily because he was forbidden to bring truth to the court in his defense.

I wonder if Pink Floyd's The Wall will be banned????????? because of the lyrics "for the queers and the coons and the reds and the jews".

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Democrat Control Means Hate Bill Will Pass [Re: lonestar2004]
    #6286765 - 11/15/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i dont think myspace is the premier source of reliable information.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Democrat Control Means Hate Bill Will Pass [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6286781 - 11/15/06 05:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.theorator.com/bills108/s966.html

IMO This bill will empower the federal government to invade states' rights in "hate crimes" law enforcement, breaking down traditional states' rights protection from federal intervention.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #6286814 - 11/15/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Democrat, Repulican, it doesn't matter either way freedom is dissapearing.

The left/right bullshit is just that bullshit. It's all the same.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#6286816 - 11/15/06 05:25 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

and IMO all these "new and improved" HATE LAWS can lead to thought crime...(totalitarianism)

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #6286833 - 11/15/06 05:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Agreed, the law is complete and utter bullshit, its a common assertion that any violent act on a person or persons is a hate crime.

Quote:

`(II) using a channel, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce;

`(ii) the defendant uses a channel, facility, or instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce in connection with the conduct described in subparagraph (A);

`(iii) in connection with the conduct described in subparagraph (A), the defendant employs a firearm, explosive or incendiary device, or other weapon that has traveled in interstate or foreign commerce; or

`(iv) the conduct described in subparagraph (A)--

`(I) interferes with commercial or other economic activity in which the victim is engaged at the time of the conduct; or

`(II) otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce.

This part scares me, its a very vague undefined language, it can constitute to mean anything.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Democrat Control Means Hate Bill Will Pass [Re: barfightlard]
    #6286837 - 11/15/06 05:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

barfightlard said:

"Democrat, Repulican, it doesn't matter" but we should work together to fight this...shit

I want you to keep the right to call Bush a cocksucker....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#6286842 - 11/15/06 05:28 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Yup slippery slope

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #6286851 - 11/15/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

barfightlard said:

"Democrat, Repulican, it doesn't matter" but we should work together to fight this...shit

I want you to keep the right to call Bush a cocksucker....

There it is in a nutshell. The right protecting your freedoms that the left would take. In the name of "Tolerance". Oh the horror.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #6286852 - 11/15/06 05:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Right. I like what alex jones said "What a bunch of garbage, liberal, Democratic, conservative, Republican, it's all there to control you, two sides of the same coin! Two management teams, bidding for control of the CEO job of Slavery Incorporated!"

Pick the Red bat or the Blue bat, either way your going to get hit with it.

He had this article posted on his site too.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#6286911 - 11/15/06 05:56 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

"These authorities can carry out their responsibilities more effectively with greater Federal assistance"

"Such violence substantially affects interstate commerce in many ways:.."

What a joke....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#6286943 - 11/15/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

After reading the actual bill, I've got no idea what your talking about. It only seems to broaden the definition of a hate crime to crimes committed because of religious affiliation, sexual orientation, disability, and gender. Plus it allows for federal grants to prosecute the perpetrator(s). Where are you getting this Orwellian "thought crime" nonsense? Under this law, you can only be prosecuted for a hate crime if you, "...willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability of any person."

Seems awfully rational to me.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Democrat Control Means Hate Bill Will Pass [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #6286954 - 11/15/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Plus this: "In a prosecution for an offense under this section, evidence of expression or associations of the defendant may not be introduced as substantive evidence at trial." (Emphasis added.)

Invisiblesurf rat
pass the dutchie

#6287043 - 11/15/06 06:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
i dont think myspace is the premier source of reliable information.

--------------------
Draft beer, not people.:faded:

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #6287208 - 11/15/06 07:25 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Is there really a bill that threatens people's rights to say what they want about other races/religons/sexuality etc. through prosecution?

If so that is not liberal at all, and exists pretty much in opposite of civil liberty. Just because, as a leftist, I think gay people should be allowed to marry each other it doesn't mean I don't think that stupid bigots should be punished for calling them "fags." I can't say for certain (because I haven't done any homework on this issue) but I have a hunch you have gotten your hands on some skewed and innacurate information regarding this bill. If free speech really was on the line the ACLU would be raising hell.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#6287603 - 11/15/06 09:10 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
After reading the actual bill, I've got no idea what your talking about. It only seems to broaden the definition of a hate crime to crimes committed because of religious affiliation, sexual orientation, disability, and gender. Plus it allows for federal grants to prosecute the perpetrator(s).

Seems awfully rational to me.

The creation of a vast anti-hate bureaucracy in America!!! seems rational.....

similar to what now exists in Canada. In Canada it is a "hate crime" to publicly criticize such federally protected groups as homosexuals and Jews. In Canada free speech talk radio no longer exists.

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/oct/06103112.html

As of April 2004, the official hate crime law of Canada was amended to include the terminology ‘sexual orientation’ as an identifiable group. Officially, the law forbids the spreading, in speech, action or writing, of any information that could encourage or incite hatred or violence against homosexuals.

I don't like people walking around talking bad about FAGGOTS.... but they should have that right!

HR2662, S1145, will start with punishing violent hate crimes, but it creates an anti-hate bureaucracy through several means:

1. It breaks down all barriers between federal and states, rights in law enforcement. It allows federal "thought police" to meddle, upon the flimsiest of pretexts, in states, enforcement of civil rights laws.

2. It requires all states to pass and enforce ADL-style anti-hate laws.

3. It enforces nationwide the working ADL definition of "hate" as being "bias" against federally protected groups, for example homosexuals.

and that interstate commerce shit is shit! So if I call someone a faggot or jew and then threaten to kick his ass and the local police do nothing about it... well here comes the federal government with its interstate commerces laws!!!!

HR 2662 is in flat violation of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, which prohibits government from favoring any particular group.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Democrat Control Means Hate Bill Will Pass [Re: gluke bastid]
    #6287605 - 11/15/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
. If free speech really was on the line the ACLU would be raising hell.

:rofl2:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#6287748 - 11/15/06 09:53 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

In Canada it is a "hate crime" to publicly criticize such federally protected groups as homosexuals and Jews.

This has nothing to do with HR2662.

I don't like people walking around talking bad about FAGGOTS.... but they should have that right!

They still do... but now if someone decides to go out 'n beat up some fags, he can be prosecuted for a hate crime.

So if I call someone a faggot or jew and then threaten to kick his ass and the local police do nothing about it... well here comes the federal government with its interstate commerces laws!!!!

No. According to the legislation, "At the request of a law enforcement official of a State or Indian tribe, the Attorney General may provide technical, forensic, prosecutorial, or any other form of assistance in the criminal investigation or prosecution of any crime that: constitutes a crime of violence, constitutes a felony under the laws of the State or Indian tribe; and is motivated by prejudice based on the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of the victim, or is a violation of the hate crime laws of the State or Indian tribe."

(And, the Federal government always has jurisdiction in interstate crimes. It is why the FBI was created in the first place.)

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #6288159 - 11/15/06 11:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

They still do... but now if someone decides to go out 'n beat up some fags, he can be prosecuted for a hate crime.

only if the crime is motivated by prejudice based on sexual orientation. if i beat up a gay guy because i just must have that scarf, it's not considered a hate crime. what's more, if i beat up a gay guy for his scarf, even if i also happen to really despise gay people, it still isn't a hate crime. it must be the motive. we use motive as an aggravating or mitigating factor all the time when deciding how the courts should respond to crimes, and rightfully so.

--------------------

Edited by wilshire (11/16/06 12:02 AM)

InvisibleDieCommie

#6288246 - 11/16/06 12:31 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I guess I may have been the victim of a hate crime.  As a kid I was the only white kid anywhere near my house.  My mom would drive me out of district, and lie about our place of residence just so I wouldnt get killed at the public school.

Still, I would occasionally get assaulted around the neighborhood.... whether I was out too late or just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Of course they would scream obscenities at me, including racist remarks. 

I honestly dont think they would have done the same to someone of their skin color.  Does that make it a hate crime?  Maybe... but its silly to make the distinction.  The fact is they perpetrated assault and should be charge for that only.  Sure they hate me, but that shouldnt be illegal.  Only the assault should be illegal.

Hate Crime = Thought Crime  :thumbdown:

That said, I still think America is more loving and less hating than most societies.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom