Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegurglesurfing
student
Male User Gallery
Loc: U.S.A.
monotub- is this contaminated
    #6283241 - 11/14/06 06:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, this is my first monotub and my first grow. I did the brf and verm in the jars, they were in the pressure cooker for 45 minutes and everything was totally steralized before i incubated them. and now after i mixed them with the h-poo 11 days ago, i think they are contam... i just want to know if they are contam or not. I just recently sprayed them with h202 with water (1:10 ratio) and that got rid of all the cobbwebbs. also i just recently started 12 jars from dicks wild bird seed tek which should be much better. all the help would be greatly appreciated.
~gurgle

the bottom two are some closeups of the top of it

Edited by gurglesurfing (11/14/06 07:10 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: monotub- is this contaminated [Re: gurglesurfing]
    #6283259 - 11/14/06 07:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like a lot of cobweb in there... Also I see some green around the top part (bottom picture).

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: monotub- is this contaminated [Re: MustardMan]
    #6283308 - 11/14/06 07:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If it was just the cobweb I would say throw more peroxide on it and just keep it a science project and see what it does but with the mean green rearing up its ugly head I would say it is in your best interest to scrap it before you get a bunch of trich spores floating around that will trash your future endeavors,mist it heavily to weigh down the spores and than take that thing outside and dispose of it outdoors so it doesn't puke the spores in your house when you dump it,Better luck next time :thumbup:

Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: monotub- is this contaminated [Re: Blutjager]
    #6286468 - 11/15/06 05:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

that def looks contamed. on a side note, you might want to cut some sort of plexiglass window or something into ur monotub next time. without light your mushrooms wont fruit

--------------------
----------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: monotub- is this contaminated [Re: odium33]
    #6286498 - 11/15/06 05:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

on a side note, you might want to cut some sort of plexiglass window or something into ur monotub next time. without light your mushrooms wont fruit

You don't expose to light until your 100% colonized, that would really hinder his growth. You add clear plexi if you want when its time to fruit..

But, yeah, that looks like a toasted substrate. That trich is gonna start fruiting soon like dude said.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation