Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinematt66
Loc: Connecticut
sinking spores
    #627483 - 05/12/02 08:09 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I got what I think is a good print from Ralphster. It was straight up black, and I shook some off (just a litte relative to what was in the aluminum foil) into a few squirts of water in a sterilized shot glass. The black stuff turned a bit more purple upon hitting the water, floated on top for a while, then everything seemed to sink to the bottom. I tried sucking up some of the spores, but when I shook the syringe up, I really couldn't see anything floating around before squirting a bit into the substrate jars (I saw the drops run down the side). Anyway, that was 3 days ago, I put the jars away and was wondering how long I should wait for the white growth up the sides before trying my hand at inculating again. Any advice on how much spore clumpage to shake off per ml of water would be great. Also, 10cc? What are the coversions to ml?

much love,
matt

--------------------
Truth is the daughter of time, time doesn't exist...
Truth cannot exist within the human convention of time- The Goat Hath Spoken

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: sinking spores [Re: matt66]
    #627511 - 05/12/02 08:34 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Very few spores are needed to make a spore syringe.
If the print is dark and medimun sized, 1/15 - 1/20 will be enough for a syringe.
Usually people use a lot more, since it may speed up things a little bit, but i think it doesnt worth the spores...
Too many spores in a syringe can be a problem too i think.
A good thing is to srap off some spores in your shotglass, and THEN let a few drops of water fall on them. Mix well and then squirt another 5cc or so in the shotglass, mix again, and fill the syringe. This method has only been a success for mycologists around the globe
Dont forget to shake the syringe before every inoculation to distribute the spores evenly.
Shroom on!

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (05/12/02 08:36 AM)

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: sinking spores [Re: matt66]
    #627715 - 05/12/02 12:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

cc and ml are the same thing 10cc syringe=10ml syringe

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation