Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewannabop
Stranger
Finding Psychadelic Shrooms In Oklahoma...
    #6273396 - 11/11/06 08:16 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Does anyone have any tips on finding some good shrooms in Oklahoma? I am really interested in trying them. And i think That im too uneducated on the subject to grow my own. Any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Finding Psychadelic Shrooms In Oklahoma... [Re: wannabop]
    #6273434 - 11/11/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know, maybe Pan. subbalteatus?

Those grow in Horse dung, often mixed with woody debris, and they have a jet black spore print, a tan/brown cap with a darker ring around the edge, and are often confused with Paneaolina foenisecii.
Good luck.

Here's a pic:

Offlinewannabop
Stranger
Re: Finding Psychadelic Shrooms In Oklahoma... [Re: psiclops]
    #6273438 - 11/11/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

so if i go turn over some cow dung i might find a few? do you have to dry them or what?

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #6273449 - 11/11/06 08:38 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I think they have been reported from cow dung and horse dung, but if I'm not mistaken I think horse dung is more common substrate to find that particular species.

No you will not find any by flipping over cow poo. They grow up out of dung. No flipping necessary. Also I think it is the wrong season for them, right now (At least where you live.) I think they would grow in late Spring or early Summer in your state. Not sure. You really should just research the species. I'm not sure if any other species' of magic mushroom grow naturally in Oklahoma because I am lost here at the shroomery these days. They keep changing things, and the location chart is eithere missing or somewhere else. I used to be able to check that chart. Perhaps it's outdated or something I don't know.

Someone is going to close this thread soon, I think, but in the process could a moderator please point into the right direction to find that location page?

Thanks.

Oh and wannabop...Don't eat unidentified mushrooms dude. You could die. The best advice for you is to research alot. And do not do anything stupid. Mushrooms can be deadly.

Later.

Offlinewannabop
Stranger
Re: Finding Psychadelic Shrooms In Oklahoma... [Re: psiclops]
    #6273456 - 11/11/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldnt just eat them without posting them on here first. lol im just new to the whole thing and i wanted to get a little info on what i could find around me... thanks for you help though and if a mod does close this thread could you please give me a link to the location page, i couldnt find it either... i read about it an older thread. Thanks for you help though and im sorry for my newbness, dont worry my questions might sound stupid, but i wont just go eat some random shroom i find on cow poop lol. thanks for you help though and not ignoring me.

Invisiblesurf rat
pass the dutchie

#6273489 - 11/11/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Read up before you post.

--------------------
Draft beer, not people.:faded:

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: Finding Psychadelic Shrooms In Oklahoma... [Re: surf rat]
    #6274407 - 11/12/06 04:23 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Panaeolus subbalteatus is about all u have in your state i think.

look here >>> Which mushrooms grow wild in my area

--------------------
View My Gallery

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Finding Psychadelic Shrooms In Oklahoma... [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6274463 - 11/12/06 05:07 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Im not sure either - pan subbs can be found just in manured grasses so perhaos chaeck out your local golf courses and those kinds of things - wouldnt hurt to check out some manure in your area.
Hey arent Kings of Leon from Oklahoma?

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #6274680 - 11/12/06 08:16 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Questions that ask when and where mushrooms fruit aren't allowed.

That being said:

1. Study habitat, weather and plants, that the mushroom that you would like to find grows in.
2. Take a look around where you live and study the different habitats in
your area.
3. Find a suitable area to hunt mushrooms.
4. Look.
5. If you don't find anything go back to step 1.

There is a lot of info on mushrooms on this site :smile:.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom