Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTMshroom
one
Acid or not? Help
    #6271514 - 11/11/06 10:00 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Well having never tried acid I was wondering, how would one be able to tell whether hes triping on Acid or an RC? From what I understand an RC can provide "similar" effects, and a trip can last as long as LSD. Also since acid is so hard to get these days, with no constant supply, and random dealers....how can one be sure?

Ive done mushrooms quite a few times, so I know what a psychedelic is like, and from what I understand all psychedelics have similarities yet all are different. What would be the signs of real LSD?

Also never knowing just how potent your hit can be, how many hits should one take to be "safe"? From what I understand you can re-dose to increase the effects if you feel you can handle it, but just when should you do so? Say you take a hit, and after about an hour u've come up but its very mild....should you go for another hit or take 2 more? Or will it just "make sence" and you'll sort of know on the spot how many more hits you can handle?

Sorry if Q's are dumb, just trying to gain some knowledge. Also whats the most common acid form on the streets now? Would it be blotter paper or gel tabs? Also ive heard of RCs on blotter paper, are RCs also being pushed in gel tabs and sold as "acid"?

Oh yea, another question......I try to be a responsible user when it comes to drugs in general, I like to do my research and know wtf it is im puting in my body. But say some asshole sells me some RC instead of acid.....just how dangerous are these RCs? Is there a certain RC that is being used more than others or is there no way of telling for sure? I've wanted to get some acid for a long time now, would suck if i get ripped off. :-(

Edited by TMshroom (11/11/06 10:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: TMshroom]
    #6271536 - 11/11/06 10:13 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've only done acid once and didn't like it at all, and I tripp off shrooms all the time. But I didn't like it because I was scared of getting stuck in a trip and know 3 people personally who are stuck in trips. I only took a tab in a half, I didn't realize at the time that the people who get stuck in trips usually take like 20 tabs or more. If I didn't freak about it I would have liked it. I've tripped harder off shrooms then on acid, but it would have been fun If I wasn't so afraid. The trip can be very similar, and it depends on how much you take on how the trip is going to be however, acids visuals are a little different. You will prob have fun, its a life changing experience for most and everyone enjoys it. Whats an RC?

OfflineAmericaOnLSD
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #6271556 - 11/11/06 10:26 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard that with RC it takes close to 2 hours to feel effects, whereas acid will begin effects in under an hour.
RC=Research Chemical, substances other than acid that dealers try to pass off as acid because they are easier to make than real acid.

--------------------
See AmericaOnLSD!

OfflineTMshroom
one
    #6271566 - 11/11/06 10:29 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

RC is short for research chemical. A lot of times its sold as "acid" without you knowing at all. I guess they are easier to make, or the penalty isnt as harsh if one is caught making RC....but for whatever reason its sold as fake acid all over. I guess once one has experienced an LSD trip he can tell the difference between the 2, but if you havent then you can't tell obviously.

From what I know acid is completely tasteless, but im not too sure about RCs. Ive heard some have a "limey" taste to them. So I guess if i dont taste anything that should be a good sign, but who knows.

OfflineShroomScape
Sexplorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation
    #6271569 - 11/11/06 10:32 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

RC is a research chemical that's passed off as acid. Usually they have similar effects except they usually carry with them some sort of body load. The effects of RCs can also last a lot longer or a lot shorter than your typical LSD trip. I've never done acid (though I did 2c-i once, an RC) but from all the research I've done tells me the above info.

One way to be know is to see how big the hit of acid is. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/show_image.php?i=lsd/lsd2.jpg if they appear bigger than the ones in that link, I would very very suspicious. That's all I can say. Good luck.

Edit: my 2c-i came in the form of jelly stars, far bigger than a quarter. and it was the bitterest thing I've ever tasted. metallic taste in my mouth for like 2 days. yuck!

Edited by ShroomScape (11/11/06 10:34 AM)

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: ShroomScape]
    #6271602 - 11/11/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

True, yeah I never herd of that. Thanx for the info.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: ShroomScape]
    #6271603 - 11/11/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The thing with RC's - many of them are in 'grey legal' areas in some countries, and it's possible to buy them off of the internet.

RC's include drugs like DOI, DOC, DOB, 2CI, 2CB, 2CT2, 2CE, there are also many RC's that are not 'psychedelics' either.

I think alot of RC's get a bit of an unfair bad-rep due to the "being passed off as LSD" and people getting something that they did not expect.  There are many people who rank 2CE or even DOC as being even 'more' psychedelic or worthwhile then LSD and place it above LSD in terms of preference. Its not so much RCs that are the problem, but RCs being passed off as something that they are not.

Now, I'm going to go out on a broad, and some-what inaccurate limb and make the genealization - RCs are /generally/ safe, especially if sticking within the dosage range of what can fit onto normal-sized blotters.

A normal sized acid blotter can not hold that much active material, and very few RCs can fit a 'full dose' onto a piece of blotter paper, so you end up in the situation of.

a: The blotter is bigger / thicker than normal
b: Being told 'you'll need 3 or 4 for a good trip!' (Note: just because you need 3 or 4 for a trip doesnt mean its not LSD, but if an active hit of something cant fit onto 1 hit, you'd need 4 to trip train of thought)

But either way, if your sticking within a 4-5 'hit' range of blotter, the chances of doing a dose large enough to place you into any sort of physical danger/harm from the RC is pretty m inimal - you may just get a different trip then what you were expecting, such as

- more intense body load
- less, or more visuals
- longer duration (some of the DOx's can last over 24 hours)
- vomiting

Or, some of them are so similar to LSD that even hard-heads can have a hard time telling them apart.

That being said, there is a risk of ODing on RC's. With LSD, its pretty well known that you can take upwards of over 100x the typical 'recreational dose' and still come out OK on the other end, you will just have one hell of a ride.

However, with some RCs - an OD isnt so harmeless, for example - DOB can cause vasoconstriction in the limbs, and there is one reported case of someone actually needing to get their arms amputated as they ended up taking ~75mg of DOB - over 30x the recreational dose.

Mind you, getting 30x of a normal dose of DOB onto blotter - it'd be like eating a sheet of printer paper and you'd know something is up :smile:

OfflineTMshroom
one
Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: kaniz]
    #6271614 - 11/11/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

hehe, well hopefully I'll be able to notice a paper that size. O_o

But on a serious note, thx for the input. Also does one swallow the blotter paper or do you hold it in mouth for a while and spit it out? And about how thick is the blotter paper itsel? Is it liek a regular piece of paper, or is it thicker more magazine cover like?

Lol im just tryin to go acid huntin, trying to get all the info I can. :-P

OfflineZiggyGT
Night Tripper
Male

Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: TMshroom]
    #6272071 - 11/11/06 01:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Hold it in your mouth, and just let it break down and disolve... and its about the same thickness as a magazine cover...

Edited by ZiggyGT (11/11/06 01:33 PM)

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: ZiggyGT]
    #6272423 - 11/11/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

pretty easy to tell difference between RC and LSD. ask the dealer how long until it hits you, how long it lasts (if he says you'll trip for days you know its not legit). Or if the blotter is bigger than a quarter inch, or thicker than regular paper. Also if its liquid dropped onto candy, you can usually tell its an RC because crystals are visable, where as with LSD you wouldnt be able to see the actual crystals left over from the evaporated solvent.

--------------------

OfflineScrewdUpTexas
Fuckin Alaska,eh?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Alaska and Texas
Re: Acid or not? Help [Re: 2859558484]
    #6273040 - 11/11/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Acid is colorless and tastless..if you taste anything other than paper its a good sign that it might be an RC. make sure you remember where the dealer is/where to find him in case he rips you off.
If you get a blotter i'd take 2 hits to start off with (assuming its LSD). hold it in your mouth for a while then swallow the paper. let us know how the trip goes when you do.....

--------------------
"The Mind and Body must be Subjected to Extreme Stimulus by means of Drugs and Music." -Hunter S. Thompson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag