Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethecoyote23
TheCoyote
Male

Loc: Florida
Indoor Azure cultivation
    #6270708 - 11/10/06 11:04 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have seen a lot of old posts about indoor psilocybe azurescen cultivation, but the majority of the info was speculative. Most of this info was from four or more years ago, and I was wondering if anyone had made any discoveries in the last few years. It seems that outdoor cultivation is relatively easy in the right climate, but I am about to attempt to grow them indoors. I have only been able to find about two teks where indoor cultivation produced a decent fruiting, but the pics did not seem promising. It seems that the trick is to drop the temp down to about 41 degrees F. to begin fruiting, but after that has begun, can you bring them back to room temp? I have considered buying a mini fridge or a wine cooler to try this out, but I wanted to see if anyone had any new info.

Edited by thecoyote23 (11/11/06 12:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineESanceOfCyan
MushroomMogul
Male User Gallery

Loc: SeaTown
Re: Indoor Azure cultivation [Re: thecoyote23]
    #6271037 - 11/11/06 03:07 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

41 is a good temp...you will need a cooler or some way to keep it at a low temp. You will need to figure out a humidification tek(I just used bubble wands). I tried with a casing layer and with out....don't use a casing layer. Do you have The Mushroom Cultivator? If not go buy it!! Azures/Cyans are good projects...but it wont pay your rent!
G/L

--------------------
Save Marc

www.emeryseeds.com
Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
-Gunnery Sergeant Hartman(Full-Metal Jacket)

OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Indoor Azure cultivation [Re: ESanceOfCyan]
    #6271285 - 11/11/06 07:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i have no idea if this was true or not, but some guy in the text chat was sending pictures of it. He had organic toilet paper? and i guess somehow he managed to inoculate a few rolls of it and it grew azurescens. That method your probably gonna wanna steer away from, but im just putting it out there. My only suggestion is heed the rule about mycelium transfer. Cause if you dont start on grain and transfer, it takes forever to inoculate the wood. You could probably even spawn them in your fridge when they're finished making their mycelium. Just adjust the temp to in the 40's so they dont get too cold. obviously if they were frozen if would be bad. Just use common sense. You probably have more than me anyway! Good luck!

-Drew

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Indoor Azure cultivation [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6271315 - 11/11/06 07:40 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

The biggest problem indoors is keeping trichoderma off the wood based substrate long enough for the azures to fruit. That's why most growers do it outdoors.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Re: Indoor Azure cultivation [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6271335 - 11/11/06 07:51 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I am curious to know the # of trusted shroomerites that had success growing azures indoors...

a couple???
from the books I have read it is far from easy....

anybody know....

Offlinethecoyote23
TheCoyote
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: Indoor Azure cultivation [Re: tonyperez420]
    #6271431 - 11/11/06 08:59 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Here is one of the pages where someone had success,

http://www.shroomery.org/8702/Psilocybe-azurescens-indoor-cultivation

There is another in here where a guy grew them in his basement that had a borken window so the temp would drop to facilitate fruiting, but I cannot find it at the moment. There has to be better ways to go about this. I bet there is someone out there right now who is just keeping this a secret.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor Azure cultivation [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6271550 - 11/11/06 10:22 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
The biggest problem indoors is keeping trichoderma off the wood based substrate long enough for the azures to fruit. That's why most growers do it outdoors.
RR

This is something I can attest to especially during the colonization from cardboard to wood chips. FAE is the most important factor in indoor wood lover strains. I have overcome this problem with a wood lovers tek which includes a wonderful LC to wood chip transfer skipping agar, sawdust/bran and cardboard. Trich is by far our major battle here, I have successfully grown wood lovers indoors in my early days and much of my success I will contribute to the constant cool mist FAE's. If anyone is interested give me a shout and I will do a brief write up. The thing to remember is these wood lovers need cooler temps than cubies so time must not be a factor with anyone attempting such a endeavour.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
Re: Indoor Azure cultivation [Re: hyphae]
    #6271792 - 11/11/06 11:57 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Shout.

I'd be interested in a quick write-up.

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract