Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebegahouse
Stranger
 User Gallery
ID Request: I think I found my first PNW Cyans!
    #6268616 - 11/10/06 11:11 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

First ID request so bear with me :smile:Found this mushroom growing in a very public place growing directly on light colored wood chips.  This mushroom looks a little old but I think it is a Cyan.  I am pretty sure that it is bruising blue but would like some expert opinions before I eat any. 

Cap:
Wavy Carmel color appears to bruise bluish green?

Gills:
Cinnamon brown with some dark spots that appear dark brown to dark dark blue.  The gills seem to almost curl up above the cap, as you will hopefully be able to see in the pictures.  Also, after I first picked it I held it up to the light and it looked like I could see some slight purple colored dust between the gills.

Stem:
Grayish/brown color that appears to bruise a very dark blue/green, hollow and strong.  This is what has me slightly concerned since the stem is not white but this mushroom appears to be a bit weathered. I went back to the patch this morning for a closer look and saw some younger mushrooms with white stems that had the same characteristics of the mushroom pictured only they appeared smaller and less weathered. 

Sorry for the crappy pics I did not know how to get my cam into macro mode.  Also, I did not have luck doing a spore print I busted the cap up trying to get the stem off.  Also, how do you spore print caps that are so wavy that most of the gills do not touch the paper?  Hopefully I did not leave anything out.  If these are confirmed as Cyans I will hit the patch back up but there is danger involved since it is in such a public place so I want to be sure they are Cyans before I go for it.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Peace,
Begahouse

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: ID Request: I think I found my first PNW Cyans! [Re: begahouse]
    #6268630 - 11/10/06 11:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

stem should be white i guess. but it is an old(ish) specimen.
check back for better specimens and spore print them.

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflinePincushion
And I stillhaven't foundwhat I'm lookingfor....

Loc: Oregon
    #6268631 - 11/10/06 11:18 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

That dark stem does not look promising. Look for my post from yesterday as I thought I too had cyan's, but turned out to be galarenias.

Do a spore print and advise. Do not ingest them until you're 200% sure what you have.

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #6268638 - 11/10/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yup. that is indeed a psilocybe cyanescen :mushroom2:! if you have any more pics of your finds itd be cool to check them out,:congrats:! get out there and get the rest of them!

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Offlinebegahouse
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ID Request: I think I found my first PNW Cyans! [Re: Pincushion]
    #6268652 - 11/10/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Pincussion,

I saw your post from yesterday and the mushrooms you posted had much lighter gills and what appeared be a redish stem and did not appear to bruise blue. I have seen a ton of the mushrooms you posted and even picked a few because I thought they may be Cyans but upon further inspection and the fact that they did not bruise blue I threw them away.

Peace,

Begahouse

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #6268673 - 11/10/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yep, it is a rotten cyan. keep an eye on that spot but certainly don't eat anything in that state of decay if you value your digestive health to say the least.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinebegahouse
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ID Request: I think I found my first PNW Cyans! [Re: canid]
    #6268706 - 11/10/06 11:59 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

How many Cyans the size of the one pictured would give me a strong but not too strong of a trip? I know the dosage is 1 large or 2-3 small fresh specimens. Would you consider my Cyan small or large? Also, this Cyan may look bad but it is still firm and not slimy. There are a lot more Cyans that are in a similar condition and I would hate to waste them if they are not truly rotten. What characteristics should I look for to determine if a Cyan is rotten or just a little past its prime but still edible?

Thanks!
Begahouse

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#6268852 - 11/10/06 12:47 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

begahouse said:
How many Cyans the size of the one pictured would give me a strong but not too strong of a trip? I know the dosage is 1 large or 2-3 small fresh specimens. Would you consider my Cyan small or large? Also, this Cyan may look bad but it is still firm and not slimy. There are a lot more Cyans that are in a similar condition and I would hate to waste them if they are not truly rotten. What characteristics should I look for to determine if a Cyan is rotten or just a little past its prime but still edible?

Thanks!
Begahouse

id say 2 or 3 of the aboved pictured would give you a quality trip, especially fresh

id say thats a high-mediumish cyan, espeically if it had the complete stem(scale 1-10, 7.5ish)

and i would say that that cyan is eatable. a cyan that shouldnt be eaten is when its clearly rotten with black all over it. the cyan you have still looks like it bruises blue nicely and the cap still sort of has the caramel color to it. id say its ok. generally if you found that cyan 2 or 3 days later i wouldnt consider it safely eatable.

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #6268976 - 11/10/06 01:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i'm basing that comment on the view of the gills in the first pic. you're the one with the thing in front of your eyes whereas i'm just seeing blury pictures so as a wise man once said, would you eat a cucumber or other vegetable in that condition? if so, munch away. if not, active psilocybes are no different. it's not a waste to throw out spoiled food.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#6269014 - 11/10/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

concretefeet said:
i'm basing that comment on the view of the gills in the first pic. you're the one with the thing in front of your eyes whereas i'm just seeing blury pictures so as a wise man once said, would you eat a cucumber or other vegetable in that condition? if so, munch away. if not, active psilocybes are no different. it's not a waste to throw out spoiled food.

:shocked: that is actually an excellent notion. i never thought of it that way... good point

--------------------

Offlinebegahouse
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6269072 - 11/10/06 02:06 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know if there was anything I needed to worry about since this is an active mushroom. My pictures sucked so I can see why it looks really bad but it had been traveling in my pocket for several hours so it looked a lot worse than it did when I picked it. Thanks for you feedback I really appreciate it!

Invisibleauweia
mountain biking
 User Gallery

#6269381 - 11/10/06 03:43 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

usually of you dry that out it will kill off all the bacteria...I wouldn't eat that fresh..try to get a couple more. you might feel it after that one tho

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: ID Request: I think I found my first PNW Cyans! [Re: auweia]
    #6269521 - 11/10/06 04:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:  Get out there and find some more!!  Look around the area that you found that one and there are likely to be others :laugh:

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates