Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemanny
Stranger
First time trip - Question about freshness - Help!
    #625209 - 05/02/02 07:50 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

About 3 weeks ago, a friend of mine bought an eighth worth of stems and caps. She held them for about 2 weeks - stored within an air tight Ziploc plastic bag and placed them within the freezer. About a week ago I drove up to see my friend and picked them up. I live about 6 hours away and during my drive back, I placed the baggie within the glove compartment of my car. I was concerned about the temperature change and lack of air but figured the best I could do was get home as quickly as possible. Right after getting home I placed them within the freezer and haven't touched them until today. Upon opening the baggie, I noticed a fowl smell. The stems and caps were black/grayish in color and seemed to have some slight mold growing on them. I know shrooms normally smell bad, but this was enough to make me gag. I'm not sure if they can go bad, or if they are even salvageable. Because shrooms are supposed to be fungus, I'm not sure if there is such a thing as fungus growing on fungus. I'm hoping you can shed some light on this one for me, basically I'd like to know if these are salvageable or whether I should throw them away. If salvageable, what steps would you suggest taking to make them eatable. While I know its hard to say because your not seeing them, I'm hoping you've seen or heard of similar experiences that can shed some light on the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Edited by manny (05/02/02 11:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetoo_many_weirdos
it's a jungle inhere
Loc: Ithaca, NY
Re: First time trip - Question about freshness - Help! [Re: manny]
    #625881 - 05/03/02 04:21 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

do you have a picture?

is the 'mold' a blueish-greyish color on the stem?
is the entire cap black, or just the underside?

i'm guessing that what you're seeing is just bruising but i need a pic.

Offlinemanny
Stranger
Re: First time trip - Question about freshness - Help! [Re: too_many_weirdos]
    #625899 - 05/03/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

First off, thanks so much for taking the time. To answer your question, the mold is bluish-greyish and on the stems. It is also on some of the caps but hard to tell because they have shriveled up immensely. The bottoms of the caps are black and teh tops have brown, blusih grey and black on them. Unfortunately I do not have a picture to go with them. On some parts it seems to be furry - but then again that can be texture. Sorry for the lame description - hope this sheds some light. Thanks again for taking the time.

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

#625907 - 05/03/02 05:05 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

personally I wouldn't risk it...
the smell, funky colors, texture. I have no idea what could have gone wrong but that sure doesn't seem healthy to me. Then again, I have no experience with freezing shrooms. Were they fresh shrooms?

Edited by PsyFlux (05/03/02 05:07 PM)

Offlinemanny
Stranger
Re: First time trip - Question about freshness - Help! [Re: PsyFlux]
    #625935 - 05/03/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

They were dry mushrooms before they were placed within the freezer. I wouldnt say they were fresh - just really dried out. Yeah, its a tough call considering how hard they are to get. I'm not ready to risk it - but just want to be sure that this isnt a normal transistion for shrooms that have been through the freezer.

Edited by manny (05/03/02 06:01 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #625939 - 05/03/02 06:10 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

The answers to your other post on this same topic weren't good enough?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinemanny
Stranger
Re: First time trip - Question about freshness - Help! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #625950 - 05/03/02 06:19 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

They are and I dont want to come across as if though I am naive enough to push it. I am just getting mixed opinions and would hate to throw way something that is actually not bad - just different then what I told is normal. I aired them out all night last night - placed them under a fan and now notice that they do not smell bad - just look different.

Edited by manny (05/03/02 06:21 PM)

Anonymous

#626769 - 05/11/02 10:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Most of the fruit I 'get' is blue/black in colour, that is normal. Its the smell I worry about- shrooms never smell good. Some say it has a dirt smell. A grainy smell. A mushroomy smell, as ambiguous as that sounds. Pork rinds is another.
If it smells BAD, like rotten, it prolly is.
If they weren't dried out enough, and left in a hot, wet/humid environment , even for a few hours, this could have caused the rot.
I am not a doctor, but I dont think you can die by eating rotten shrooms, (dont take my word on that one) I would imagine your trip, (if one could be achieved) would be 'different' possibly stronger, or scary. Do some research on this site. If your still not happy, toss thm out. I mean, is it really worth it?
Grow your own!

OoD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies