Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Morning Glory Seeds, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
psychedelic diffrences?!
    #626723 - 05/11/02 12:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ok, i hear alota shit goin around, people talking saing things they dont have a clue about that somtimes has a bases in reality somtimes not,. anyway - its somtimes hard to know what to belive.

people start talking to me about the difrences between diffrent kinda trips and the diffrent body high and how its cleener or less visual or fractal.
is there a diffrent between liquid lsd and bottlers?! people say there is but lsd is lsd, its a molucoule - how can diffrent trips have diffrent effects if its the same substance? how can one trip be more visual and one be less? are there diffrent kinds of lsd (? !) or is it all in their set-setting?

i can understand people say these things on E since people put several things beside mdma and mix it into a salad, or shrooms coz there alota other things except psylocibin and psyilocin. but on a bottler you wont find any other drugs except lsd, no room on a bottler or a drop.no sence doing so...right?

mmm... any thoughts? facts?

a growin original

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: fort worth, tx
Re: psychedelic diffrences?! [Re: growin]
    #627127 - 05/11/02 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you might want to spell check next time...

although lsd will induce a trip a dealer can always alter the dose. blotters' integrity all depends. the sheet could have been soaked in other drugs besides lsd, same thing goes for liquid how do you know its not 90% water?

lets put it this way: there's always room for someone to fuck you...

as far as differnet kinds of lsd go: lsd is a wheat mold, it makes you trip. the only thing that can distinquish an lsd trip is the dosage - which is what distinguishes blotters/liquid.

anybody seen the bridge?

Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: psychedelic diffrences?! [Re: zepphead]
    #627219 - 05/12/02 12:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you might want to spell check next time...

as far as differnet kinds of lsd go

Uh huh. Capitalization and proper punctuation also make a post more readable.

The proof is in the pudding.

Re: psychedelic diffrences?! [Re: zepphead]
    #627383 - 05/12/02 05:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

whats the point dipping bottlers in other drugs if it wont do nothing?
and if its 90% water, then i dont think a drop of 10% lsd will doo much...

people talk to me - this trip has alota amphetamine in it, this trip is more visual, this trip bla bla bla.
i guess its just street talk and they dont realy know what their tlakin about.
but is there a reason except set-setting that makes diffrent trips diffrent?
their alota recipies to make lsd, maybe diffrent manufactor methods means slightly diffrent reasults?

and lsd isnt wheat mold, but somthing found in ergot (that wheat mold). ergot alone killed alota people so dont go eating it for kicks.

as for my spelling u must excuse me but english isnt my main language.

a growin original

Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #627450 - 05/12/02 07:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ergot is a fungus which grows on rotted rye-grains and happens to be a small microscopic purple mushroom growing on the sclerotum of a fungal grain of rye . Not wheat.

If consumed as is, it is the known cause of ergotism or what iss commonly referred to as St. Anthony's Fire.

The name of St. Anthony came from a priest who lived in the 2nd century and had an afinity with animals.

St. Anthony was also known as a priest who carried Bell, Book and Candles. Those later three items have always been associated as witches familars.

Fromthe 14th to the 17th century, villages and towns in western Europe had bakerys which sold rye breads which were infected and contaminated with ergot and thus caused mass ergotism in their villages. anywhere up to ten thousand people were reported to have dies during some of these ergotism outbreaks during this period in history.

The disease hardly hit England at all beause the English consumed wheatbreads rather than a lot of rye.

There were two forms of ergotism, gangranous and convulsive. In the gangranous forms, limbs were known to rot and fall off and the in the Convulsive forms, hallucinations were often reported as some of the symptoms of the toixicity of this deadly fungus.

It did not affect women and chilren as much as it did others.

The churches set up to help the afflicted called the disease St. Anthonys Fire because of the sensation that your body was burning up and for the priest who helped others less fortunate than him.

Similar fire and burning sensations were also associated with small pox, when that latter disease hit the Hawaiian Islands and the Hawaiians would run intothe ocean to cool off and then die from pneumonia.

In the ealry and mid 17th and 18th centuries, the French learned what was causing the ergotism and were able to stop it before it spread in the many bakery products sold in Europe at the time.

About the same period, midwives in both America and Europe learned that in a very minute amount, that certain chemicals in found in the ergot fungus stopped post partum hemoraging during childbirth.

It is a known fact that many mothers died during this period in history because midwives did not know how to stop the bleeding after childbirth.

Then in the middle to late 1930's Dr. Albert Hofmann
accidently found that he had created LSD. It was his 25th experiment on the lysergic acid amides he was working with whiile creating obstetic medicines.

Ergot also can cause aborts in animals with late or difficult diliveries and the same in humans who are late for their periods.

That is why zoo phamlets sometimes have warnings about please do not feed the animals LSD and/or other drugs. This was a problem in the 1970's and 1980s.

I actually met a person in Oregon years ago who did that very thing and because of his stupidty his best friend was eaten by the lions at the Portland, Oregon Zoo.

He and a friend thought it was cool to feed the lions LSD laced meat. They were fooling around at the lions den in themiddle of the night when his friend was teasing the lions and fell to the bottom of the den. OF course the lions chewed hims completely rendering him in to a meaty boney piece of human.

Then my friend went home and got his dad's shotgun and came back and killed all of the lions at the zoo. I Cannot remember how many. It made the newspapers and that is where I first read about it years before I met him at Laurelhurst Park in SE Portland.

A judge commited him to Damash (Thats where One flew over the cuckoos nest was filmed at and about).
Cam you image being stoned on acid and watching a lion or many killing and then munching on your best friend.

Years later in Florida, I applied for a job at the Jacksonville Zoo. Although I did not gt the job, I did get a free pamphlet from the zoo which actually warned people about not feeding animals LSD because it would cause them to abort. I still have that phamplet and someday i will post the paragraph about that.

Furthermore, there is no speed in LSD. It has some speed/amphetamine like actions because of the long duration of the high. But there is no way you could put enough amphetamine on a small piece of blotter acid to cause any noticible effects.

Edited by mjshroomer (05/12/02 07:56 AM)

#627560 - 05/12/02 09:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

and lsd isnt wheat mold, but somthing found in ergot

There is no LSD in ergot. Ergot contains LSA which has it's own effect and can be converted into LSD with some effort.

Pain is an illusion of the senses,
Dispare an illusion of the mind.

MiRRoR MirroR
Re: psychedelic diffrences?! [Re: Egyn]
    #630164 - 05/14/02 10:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ergot contains LSD, Morning Glory Seeds and Baby Hawaiian Woodrose Seeds contain LSA(Lysergic acid amides)) and LSA connot be turned into LSD, but you can 'trip' off of LSA but their totaly two different things.

My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #630451 - 05/14/02 01:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, i cant really explain why taking the same substance on two different occasions give different trips, but it does. Just look at herb. Isnt it great to smoke weed from a different place? its a different high, i cant explain why the thc from a plant in bc and the thc from a plant in mexico give different highs, but its alot of fun trying new mj.

We have to answer our own prayers

Re: psychedelic diffrences?! [Re: recalcitrant]
    #630674 - 05/14/02 05:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, in marijuana you have accesory cannabinoids like CDB, CBN abd CBNV that interact with other cannabinoids and alter their effects. The high is different depending on the proportions of each cannabinoid.

User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: psychedelic diffrences?! [Re: RingmasteR]
    #630685 - 05/14/02 05:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ergot doesnt contain LSD, but lyseric acid. And yes it can be converted into LSD.
LSA+hydrazine-->LSA hydrazide
LSA hydrazide+NaNO2 Hcl-->LSA azide
LSA azide+diethylamide-->LSD

Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: psychedelic diffrences?! [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #650563 - 05/29/02 05:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think ergot contains lysergic acid.. I think the most important component is ergotamine which you can then convert to lysergic acid amides and in turn to lsd.. or something

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Morning Glory Seeds, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience