Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
I'de like to believe...
    #626638 - 05/11/02 08:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, this post is spawned from a discussion I was having last night in chatroom. We were arguing that even if we could predict the future to change or stop "bad" (in quotations because one persons defenition is different than anothers) things that maybe we could stop "bad" as a whole. I was arguing that "bad" comes in infinity and even with infinity people chaning infinity things you could never change the infinity-plus-one'th bad thing. (lame description...I know...but as you will find out i'm new at this)

As I just stated above I feel as if I just entered the world of Spirituality and Philosophy. I enjoyed having this conversation even though I knew that nobody would win the argument because it comes down to individual beleifs and defentions of words, thoughts, happening etc.

Now, I made this post as a (weak) introduction to myself and am asking if any of you could suggest some readings to get my started in some Philosophy stuff. I only know of the few question as in "how do you know this book really exists" etc.

I was browsing through the forum today and came across some discussions on illusion and reality. It's weird because this was something I was thinking of last night. It really scared me for a moment and left me with a feeling of emptyness. I was "made fun of" in chatroom for bringing this up and thats why I have decided to bring it here.

I was thinking...what if nothing really did exists...maybe i'm the only one that exists...and its my imagination that makes up what I can and cant do. I brought the question to myself if this were true then why do other people also thing this. Then, again, I thought that maybe I just imagine the other people who think this. I dont know how I could acutally proove this because there are so many differnt lifes going on in the word and you, reading my post, feel alive too. How could I imagine something so great that others feel life?
I dont know....this has gotten a little weird to me.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: I'de like to believe... [Re: phrozendata]
    #626664 - 05/11/02 09:01 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it's true- you're just a brain-in-a-vat being artificially stimulated to have the very experience you are having right at this moment. Electrodes are attached to each one of your neurons. These electrodes, in turn, are hooked up to a supercomputer, which is run by a team of mad scientists. In fact, you're not "really" even reading this... "This" is just a complex cocktail of electrical and/or chemical stimulations that is meant to fool you into thinking that this "experience" is real. I am not lying to you... until the other day, I was one of those mad scientists. My job entailed designing the algorithms that were responsible for your late night masturbation sessions (sorry about that one time I slipped the image of a dead animal into your thought matrix- it was just a test). Anyways, now that you know the truth, would you rather I erase it from your memory OR would you like to go on knowing that nothing is real and this is all just an illusion (and maybe I can make you experience "winning the lottery")?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'de like to believe... [Re: Sclorch]
    #626693 - 05/11/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

heh...i'm guessing your joking right?

I cant remember anything about a dead animal but maybe it happened *shrugs*

would you rather I erase it from your memory OR would you like to go on knowing that nothing is real and this is all just an illusion (and maybe I can make you experience "winning the lottery")?

now that really sounds like the matrix! what pill would I take...they both have dire responsibilities...and what would winning the lottery do if it was irrevelent anyways? I'de like to know the truth...but I guess I never will.

I guess this all comes down to what we choose to believe and what we choose to fight against.

what a wonderful world!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not

Edited by phrozendata (05/11/02 09:28 AM)

Offlinezepphead
journeyman

Loc: fort worth, tx
    #626775 - 05/11/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

however, the crazy mad scientist who runs the simulation super-computer would be nothing without me: the network engineer.

--------------------
------------------------
anybody seen the bridge?

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #627278 - 05/11/02 11:59 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

How come you are new at this, I see you have more than 3000 posts!!!! I asume like tripping and you are a good mushroom grower. Anyway, the best book you can read is a mushroom trip!!! Try reading some taoist books! like Tao Te Ching(you can find it easily at eowid) Then you will understand that bad cannot be erased without erasing good also. This are states that cannot exist without eachother.... SHROOM ON!!

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #627382 - 05/12/02 03:31 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i beieve you were having that conversation with me in irc. if you want to get into stuff to research to better your understandings of the universe, i would highly recommend "hyperspace" by michio kaku. it deals with tying the theories of the universe together (realativity, string theory, maxwells, etc) with multiple dimensions to explain the existence of our 4 dimenional space-time realities and all forces experienced within it.

heres a quote from a review of the book.
"In fact, according to Kaku, at the instant of creation our universe was a 10-dimensional supersymmetric universe with all forces and matter/energy unified into one entity! "

i believe that conseptualization of these primary elements of our universe is key to understanding our conscious existence, our creation, and what nature of our afterlife is (if there is one).

knowing how the universe works can lead to the discovery of patterns on different levels (astronomical, earth's evolution, social patterns of humans, to subatomic interactions), resulting in possible ways to resonably predict future events, and possibly ways to avoid "bad events". in our conversation the definition of "bad events" came up, and i would like to define it as "causing people to suffer" since death itself is not a bad thing for someone while the constant nagging of suffering is. i hope i didn't seem to go on a tangent here. its just that if a higher understanding of everything is achieved then maybe that infinity-plus-one event can always be avoided.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'de like to believe... [Re: Eightball]
    #627610 - 05/12/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Correct, the conversation was with you.

I am not new @ the shroomery...I am new @ Spirituality and Philosophy. I have been growing for about a year now and have been tripping for a little more than that. Just last night I came very close to what many refer to as ego loss.

Well, I have to go to work and make wage [image]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/image]

testies

--------------------

Edited by phrozendata (05/06/03 01:12 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'de like to believe... [Re: Eightball]
    #628266 - 05/12/02 07:16 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I thought Kaku said the universe had 11 dimensions...

Before you read "Hyperspace", you should read Kaku's "Beyond Einstein"- it gives some background.

--------------------

Anonymous

#629279 - 05/13/02 01:57 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, the Universe has 12 dimensions...or 29.. depending on what perspective you're looking at it from.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'de like to believe... [Re: ]
    #629559 - 05/13/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Which perspectives are you looking at it from?

12- ?
29- ?

--------------------

OfflineInDiCaToRgReEn
    #629588 - 05/13/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

good post, you are definitely on the right track, now get off of it. I say this because as soon as you truly realize what you are pondering it may fuck you up, as it has for i. Think about this, if the past, present, and future exsist simutaneously than evolution has already taken place, the fact that we think we are on some kind of journey to change the world is also an illusion. Hey this ascension i believe will happen, but whats the difference, who cares, it has already happened, and you may have experienced it already. for me, Its like watching a movie that i have already seen and projecting myself into it, but of course its no fun cause you already know the ending, there is no perception of end or begining to anything outside the constraints of this demension, thats why we cant understand infinity, cause we try to describe it in words which are limited. The people around you are merely holograms of yourself, the same goes for me, you could say as i'm writing this im talking to myself, cause i am, you see i can sit all night on my computer now and write to myself. I'm not trying to play god, i just dont care anymore, thats when the truth seems to come, you could say i hit that duck with two stones instead of one. sketchy hey, it will become clearer later if you truly want to realize your unimportance that is.

--------------------
"oh to be a kid again, not a worry in the world except mybe the lack of bubbles in the bath tub"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order