Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
cow pie shrooms
    #626082 - 05/10/02 06:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, I'm playing junior mycologist today. I went to the hills and as carefully as I could set up a cap to drop its spores in a packet of sterilized aluminum foil. The spores dropped very nicely, and I've got a few other caps I'm going to try and make a slurry with.

My question is, do "cow pie shrooms" (in this case, the ones that grow in Hawaii pastures) need cow manure to grow, even in a home setup? I've got rye berries and vermiculite, and I'm hoping that will do.

And if they don't need manure, how is that explained?

Anybody here in Hawaii? How was that rain??? In my valley we got five inches in five hours Monday night!

peace everyone

hongomon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: cow pie shrooms *DELETED* [Re: hongomon]
    #626161 - 05/10/02 09:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by phrozendata

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Re: cow pie shrooms [Re: phrozendata]
    #626200 - 05/10/02 11:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Phrozendata, I've read the FAQ here, and plenty of links. I think you misunderstood my final question. I wasn't asking "...how is [growing mushrooms] explained"; I was asking "...how is [the fact that cow pie shrooms can grow without a cow pie] explianed". Sorry if I was vague.

It's just a matter of curiosity. These mushrooms occur naturally only in cow pies or composted dung, and yet they can be cultivated without. Curious critters.

Oh, and I've ordered prints/syringes, but can you blame me for wanting to be a junior mycologist? I even packed back a shitload of, well, shit, full of mycelium and pins, hoping to get a nook full of mushies in my yard. Some grew for a while, but now they're gone.

Thanks for the advice. If this attempt doesn't work out, I will definitely give agar a try next time.

Peace
hongomon

OfflinePennywise
journeyman
Re: cow pie shrooms [Re: hongomon]
    #626224 - 05/10/02 11:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey hongo, yeah that rain was pretty bad. I went up to Mt. Kaala a couple times this week and looked around a little bit, but the farmers get too mad so I did not venture too close to their cows. Where you live at? You over there in Wailua? They got it pretty bad I hear, rescue copters and everything. Good luck with your yard of shrooms. I got the same thing kinda going on under some shrubs. Planted my expired cakes and am now getting crazy pins going on.

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Re: cow pie shrooms [Re: Pennywise]
    #626253 - 05/11/02 12:34 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Howzit Pennywise,

Wow, shroom hunting on Mt. Kaala, sounds cool. I'm in Punaluu. Waialua is on a flood plain, poor guys. I haven't taken a closer look yet, but I've noticed a cow population hanging out on the hillside out across from Turtle Bay. Might be worth a visit.

peace,
hongomon

Offlinebagmandsl
Re: cow pie shrooms [Re: hongomon]
    #626374 - 05/11/02 04:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Luv dem cowpies mmmmmmmmmm

buy 4 get 2 free on all strains we carry
Ecuadors on sale $7.00 a syringe
www.thesporehaven.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation